It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near death experiences and have you had one

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

Dude I am right there with ya!
For some reason that high is just something drugs cannot give.
I am much more careful these days and even my friends at times get bummed out when I opt out of certain activities.
I had to turn down going to Svartsengi due to the danger and also I just don't have the confidence that I one time did. And that alone puts others in danger.
edit on 26-2-2024 by Allaroundya4k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHumanUK
That was until I started training on dangerous cliff tops etc...so so exciting knowing that if I fall I'm dead, so absolutely focussed on the task, and almost a dream world of adrenaline/endorphin excitement of danger...stupid and dangerous yes of course, but a natural high that beats every drug I've ever tried!😁

Inevitability and the law of averages is exactly why I stopped riding motorbikes.

Also why I don't think jumping out of perfectly good aeroplanes is a good idea.

Stay safe, and have fun.

Also, the best drug is inside us in the Pineal Gland. Couple that with an awareness from the Hippocampus and you will soar, even if you're just sitting on the couch.
edit on 26/2/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Also, the best drug is inside us in the Pineal Gland.
I assume you hint at something similar to this: www.nature.com...
...OMG I'd love to share stories, but this is a topic I've seen spanked badly, and immediately, over the years by mods at ATS, so soz mate, I ain't going any further with this 'problematic' and 'dangerous' conversation turn!!!🫣🤣

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:32 PM
link   

edit on 26-2-2024 by Shoshanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I should've drowned

I might've actually drowned, I don't know.

I was drowning in the Saint Lawrence River, I was fighting, screaming for help, I was angry nobody was helping, just watching me drown.

Then I heard a commanding voice in my head telling me to breath.

I almost instantly accepted death, I threw my arms up and accepted to drown.

I was at peace. Death would come soon.

Except it didn't...

I closed my eyes and smiled and waited to swallow water and slowly sink to the bottom, or so I thought.

I lost consciousness right then and there.

When I opened my eyes I was on the dock, surrounded by paramedics and police.

I'd rather not go into details as to my state of mind, but I was in shock; I didn't know who I was at this point.

I have no idea who or how they got me out of the water.

I never swallowed water, didn't vomit.

They all looked at me with eyes like you'd look at a miracle.

I was given no answers besides "you drowned, we fished you out, and you came back."

But even the one who told me this seemed uneasy around me...

I feel there is something they wouldn't tell me.

Oh well...

I'm still here.

^_^

Oh, and no tunnel, no white light, nothing. One second I'm in the water absolutely giving in to death, blissfully so, and the next in standing up on the dock, shaking and confused.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
I've had many near misses when it comes to death...I've been saved by unseen hands at least three times in my life...from being hit by cars to being pulled back from falling into the Grand Canyon.

It led me to believe my 'unfinished business' is to become a keyboard warrior on a small, backwater, conspiracy website.

Same here. When I was around 20, I remember driving on the highway when a contact lens fell out of my eye. Stupid me, I looked ahead, traffic was flowing and wasn't very crowded, so stupid me decided I should try to grab it and get it into my case with solution.

I dug around for a few seconds, and when I looked up, cars were rapidly slowing down, due to an accident ahead. I only had a split second to turn right to avoid crushing the car in front of me. I was in the far left lane, and by pure luck, there wasn't a car next to me when I did it. I've done some dumb things since, but nothing to that level, thankfully.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I've always been interested in NDEs, from reading about them or watching people explain what they saw. I've heard it theorized that dimethyltryptamine may be released from somewhere within the brain upon death, and it could help explain what people are seeing.

Then I got interested in dimethyltryptamine, and experienced it. It seemed very similar to what people describe. Traveling through a tunnel of sorts, and arriving somewhere else. A place that existed as energy, with an overwhelming feeling of acceptance and love. It truly felt like I went home. Going through the tunnel was actually a bit frightening, but only lasted a few seconds before I arrived home. I laughed at myself for having forgotten this place. I'd been there before, and one day I'll return.

Make of that what you will, though I've never experienced a real NDE, so I can only compare to what others who've experienced it say.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Interesting side note.

One paramedic asked me with a baffled expression on his face where I had come from.

I remember saying I was "on an island in the sun" when I heard the water calling me so I entered.

I realized instantly how insane that sounds.

But I was speaking the truth.

Just wanted to share that.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ive had multiple simulated deaths from being given injections to deal with the hysteria and psychotic features of my schizoaffective diagnosis.

They all vary, some are beautiful, some are like having your brain forced into a reboot/defragmentation cycle for reconditioning, and some are dreamy and full of sleepy visions and hallucinations while they take effect.

Depends on the severity of whats triggering me, and how, and which facility is in charge of me at the time.

I do prefer the compassionate care ones more than the steely eyed nurses no-nonsense cost effective ones.

Frightening, but why you're in such a state of psychosis you're literally begging silently and stoically for death in the ER it's just how it goes.

It's better than the alternatives of accidentally becoming a threat to myself or others.

I've never had an OBE unless you count waking dreams or visions, or lucid dreaming.

My Mother reported a NDE when she was younger, floating above her body in the operating room, but didn't go into much detail other than she felt a sense of being curious about how the surgery was going and felt surrounded by a feeling of wellbeing and peace.
edit on 2/29/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   
About 6 years ago was the last. Status epilepticus. I'm epileptic. Take this as tripping or reality, doesn't matter to me.
Happened during my sleep at first. Started seizing, puked, suffocated a bit, still seizing. Luckily someone was home to call ambulance.
Left my body, saw them tube me in it so I could breath. Collapsed my lung by mistake. It happens. Later confirmed this looking at my medical charts. Got lost for a moment.

From there I floated into who knows where and lost track of them. There were some weird statues and odd gate. No, not some heavenly gate or anything from ... anything ... I can think of. The surroundings were like being in outer space. There was a strong pull, pulling me inwards towards the gate. 6 of these statues just kind of staring at me. They didn't feel evil but didn't feel pleasant. I "knew" that was it if "I didn't get back". So I struggled for what I guess was about a week focusing on my family to get back to them. Not going to get too personal as I'm brand new here.

Eventually it worked and I shot back to earth. I guess after 3 hours of seizing and no drugs working they put me into a medical coma. They failed to wake properly me over the week - I just kept immediately seizing. The final time they tried was when I apparently "succeeded in coming back", tubed. They confirmed it was put in in the ambulance later. After coughing it out per their instructions, I was tripping from the drugs for a bit, seeing random crap in the hospital until the drugs wore off some. Some things I swear were .. not human and not hallucinations but I won't go there. Others definitely hallucinations from the drugs so I don't put much weight on this part.

SO was told I'd be "retarded" (not to be offensive, this is literal) or I'd be unable to walk but I was walking within a couple days. I guess my brain didn't get damaged like they thought. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.

There's more to it but, I'll leave it there.

As for non-dead near death, every tonic-clonic is my body locking up, losing control of my mind while trying to squeeze out a sound to get someone's attention or reach a phone, then losing awareness and blacking out. I don't imagine death to be any different. The night I would have died if nobody was home, I would not have been aware (unless I was indeed out of my body) so, I consider each TC seizure (the kind they tend to show on TV, shaking and stuff) basically the same. The only difference being I may have a gunshot, stab wound or vehicle on my head but the experience of my mind cutting out will be the same I figure. It imposes a feeling of terror that a lot of other epileptics seem to be unable to recall.

Your post caught my attention and made me sign up. Kudos.

Thanks to the rest for sharing.

Life is fickle. Not that precious but also very precious. I can't explain it. Enjoy it while you can folks!
edit on 29-2-2024 by Iteration46 because: typos

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I was just watching a documentary about NDE's and something I never thought of came up ,

Apparently there are documented case of people who have been blind since birth that have had NDE's can disciple their surroundings they "SEE" after they leave their bodies .

Interesting the 2 I had I never left my body and looked at it or anything like that . I was just somewhere else I wonder if you can mistake abduction for a NDE ?
edit on 1-3-2024 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join