It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near death experiences and have you had one

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So today I though it would be good to have a thread on a topic that I am sure many here have had the unpleasant or pleasant experience of having.
I was told as a young dude by my great grandmother that when you should've passed and you didn't a mission has yet to be completed. And tbh for over 20yrs I never gave much thought into what she said or even death for that matter.
That all changed in 2013....just outside Durant, Oklahoma.
I will never forget that day and for many many years that day haunted me.
It took years of therapy to work past it but the struggle is still there but much easier and after years of reliving it I have found some comfort from it. I'm not sure if I get that from not dying or just from having an experience not many get to have.
Often times when I think about that day a certain warm feeling pours over me and then I get the chills.
Anyways do any of you guys get a similar feeling years after such a thing? And if you feel like it, how do you like coping with such an experience?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k
So today I though it would be good to have a thread on a topic that I am sure many here have had the unpleasant or pleasant experience of having.
I was told as a young dude by my great grandmother that when you should've passed and you didn't a mission has yet to be completed. And tbh for over 20yrs I never gave much thought into what she said or even death for that matter.
That all changed in 2013....just outside Durant, Oklahoma.
I will never forget that day and for many many years that day haunted me.
It took years of therapy to work past it but the struggle is still there but much easier and after years of reliving it I have found some comfort from it. I'm not sure if I get that from not dying or just from having an experience not many get to have.
Often times when I think about that day a certain warm feeling pours over me and then I get the chills.
Anyways do any of you guys get a similar feeling years after such a thing? And if you feel like it, how do you like coping with such an experience?

Story please.

I turned toward the road to step off a curb one time, and a bus went flying by my nose, pulling into the bus stop. Was nearly touching the billboards on the side of the bus.

Not your classic got hurt / saw the light / heard Granny say “go back” ….. but close enough to being dead except for some very good luck.

Made me appreciate how people are here one second and gone the next, so much of it random and without much reason. It just happens and is over quickly.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

I've had a few. Not really worth dwelling on except for using it as a reason to be careful or more aware of your surroundings.

IMO.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I've had many near misses when it comes to death...I've been saved by unseen hands at least three times in my life...from being hit by cars to being pulled back from falling into the Grand Canyon.

It led me to believe my 'unfinished business' is to become a keyboard warrior on a small, backwater, conspiracy website.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I've had a few Near Death Experiences over the years. The last one convinced me to stop riding crazy fast motorcycles when I nearly became part of a truck front grille.

My motorcycle developed a fuel problem and refused to start from the moment I got home. It was sending me a message for sure. The incident happened 1km from my door.

I sold it a few weeks ago and don't miss it. I'm old btw, and I have had SO MUCH fun on bikes over the years without serious incident it's time to "quit while I'm ahead".

I'll probably get run over by the bike I sold.. lol

The big lesson from this urged me to get back in touch with my Dad before either of us depart this ball of dirt. It worked, and we have had enough time pass that all is cool now.
edit on 26/2/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I've had multiple experiences of 'certain death' if someone/something hadn't prevented it, most recently 2020 when my heart was re-started with a defibrillator.

Every single occasion has just resulted in me going "OMG thank my lucky stars!!!" then looking back with total relief that I didn't die.

My scariest event was falling off a 20-25 metre cliff in pitch darkness, I couldn't see when I was going to hit the ground so just relaxed, until THUD on a pebble beach.
I groaned, realised I wasn't seriously injured, just a few cuts, then was overwhelmed with joy that I'd pulled it off staying alive again!!!

I thanked all the forces/energies of love and goodness, as I ALWAYS do, when I've cheated death...but my scientific mind tells me it's just random chance, so be more careful in future!!!🤣

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

3. I'll speak of only one:

Near fatal fall from 2nd story with a refrigerator that flew down with me....crushed me under it.

Fractured neck, separated spine, crushed lungs, messed up right leg..sub dural hematoma the size back of head like a large pancake (clot)...

A Vietnam Vet jumped the fridge, and with one hand pulled it back n off me...they pulled me out...(also hit all the stairs goin down)

*A sudden intense pain, flash of bright light...then a giant hand "STOP!" surrounded by golden rays in every direction. In my mind I hear " Not now"....

and oddly...BEHIND me? That Nam Vet used 1 hand...to superhumanly yank me out from under.

But..I was crushed forward, saw golden hand in front...while a single hand behind I couldn't see...was saving me.

The "Not yet!" occured sev more times...including 1 where I nearly killed a disabled man.

These, are for another time.

God bless ya✌️

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

More than one and consider myself a extremely lucky guy having walked away from death a few Times and never gave it a second thought until a few years ago when I had a series of heart attacks .

30 years ago I looked down on my body after a fall inside a leg of a oil rig , it felt like a million years had passed and I heard this pop sound and was back in my broken body , a few years later working in a oil rig construction yard I slept in due to being drunk and missed getting squashed with a 50 ton pipe that fell on my 2 Co workers killing them instantly , not long after that stoned out of my box one afternoon walking to the canteen the crane driver snagged the basket at 200 plus foot that was stripping the scaffolding walkway .

I heard the noise of all the tubes and fittings falling and the scream and thump of a scaffolder falling to his death , the corner of my eye caught this , I froze and a guy came running over to me turned me around to see a sight I will never forget , it was like a invisible umbrella had been raised over me , there was hundreds of pieces of equipment that could have killed me instantly all spread out in a circle or embedded in the ground , I looked at the guy said nothing and walked to the office snapped my log in card and walked off site and never uttered a word .

About 20 years ago I knocked back a few days work at a plastics factory in favour of a longer contract job , on day 2 the factory blew up killing everyone in the area I would have been working in 17 people were atomised that day , the total remains recovered from those poor souls would not cover 4 Q tips / cotton buds .

And nearly 7 years ago in April 2017 I had 3 major heart attacks in 5 days and another 3 over the next 360 days , according to a cardiology professional 97 % of people would be dead within 5 years and only 5 people out of a 100 survive a heart attack in the UK and 25 % of that 5 are dead within the first year .

One very very very lucky man

edit on 26/2/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Dang, some of youse guys is crazeee.

Spend more time sitting on the couch.

Hopefully it won’t start spinning around and hurl you out the window.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: arcticshuffle

I was leaving from an area that a cave was reported but not mapped. We never found the cave but didn't really have enough time to cover the entire area due to the weather about to go south really fast.
We left early as a super cell was forming. We where about 15min ahead of the storm going north when a hail storm hit that left everyone with maybe 10ft of visibility going 65-70mph. Mind you this was a freak hail storm. The likes of wh8ch I've only seen happen 2 times.
I was stuck in the left lane and a big rig in the right. The dude in front was top heavy in a f150 try8ng to get over to the right to get off to the side. Seemingly a smart idea given the weather conditions.
When he was started to move over he must have gotten nervous and lost control. The guy in the big rib looked over at me with a look I still see to this day.
The guy in the truck lost control and was struck by the big rig. He had no chance nor did the other occupants or the others in the vehicles behind us.
Somehow in that moment of almost guaranteed demise time slowed down when the driver of the rib looked at me when the other guy went to switch lanes. He knew what was about to happen as did I. I think he was concerned about me as I was in a Golf GTI. Much smaller then all the other cars but with one advantage and I know how to drive.
I downshifting the moment the dude in the truck switch and spunout. I knew my tires would spin but I also knew I could throw myself forward in between the spinning f150 and the semi and throw my ass off the shoulder and into the field avoiding what was about to happen.
It worked.....I lived.....many did not

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I have another time but I put myself in the position to have such an experience. Not that I wanted that.
I was free climbing a cliff face in Burn and fell about 30ft onto a Boulder below. Don't remember that day or the day after but man I still feel the pain to this day.
I can't put my body through such dangerous activities anymore.
But that doesn't mean I have lost that itch to do things most would never dare.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

Omg after my fall I had nightmares of falling in the complete dark for awhile.
My therapist has some ideas as to why those dreams had me falling in the dark but I won't go into that.
But that crap happened to you! That's freaking wild man and super glad you walked away.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle
Dang, some of youse guys is crazeee.

Heck, you can live many times but only die once.

I never mentioned the time I took down a concrete bus stop post (uk) and ended up on the lawn of a school after also going through a fence and a hedge.

My Mini 1000 had similar damage as the one Marc Bolan died in (T Rex singer) when he hit a tree. Trees don't shatter like concrete, they flex and say "NO". I had a seatbelt on which saved my life, that and the fact that I was drunk and relaxed so the whole thing happened and I was just dazed and left with a broken rib from the seatbelt.

When I went to court having been tested positive for alcohol, the clark of the court came out before things started and handed me an envelope....it was the tax disk from the windscreen that had shattered that someone at the school had handed in. I got a good refund on that as the car was scrapped...lol

This all happened outside a pub just after closing time and I was very grateful I didn't kill anyone else who may have been waiting for a bus that night. The pub was called "The North Star".

The Marc Bolan Car Crash Story (with pics)

The night was still and chilly, but the roads were dry and moonlit with only light patches of fog sitting in the dips. It was a familiar route too. Yet, just before five o’clock, after cresting a humpback bridge at Barnes Common, Gloria Jones suddenly lost control of the Mini on a sweeping left-hand bend, taking out a chain link fence and a steel-reinforced post, before careering into a sycamore tree on the opposite side of the road. They were less than a mile from their home.

First on the scene was Jones’s brother Richard and Vicky Aram, a singer friend of the couple, who had been following in a separate car some distance behind. As they came over the bridge Aram recalled seeing the crashed purple Mini, which looked like a “little beetle” in the moonlight, smoking but still on its wheels. Jones was alive but badly injured. However, Bolan was clearly dead, thrown from the vehicle and suffering fatal head injuries from an eyebolt that had protruded from the fencepost. His seat had been ripped off its mountings, rotated 180 degrees and pushed into the rear of the car. The passenger compartment had also been crushed. The engine parts and tranny tube were reportedly found scattered around the footwell. Neither had been wearing seatbelts.

R.I.P. Marc.

I don't drink and drive since then and will never get in a car unless everyone is wearing a seatbelt.

LIVE & LEARN. Especially from the mistakes of others who never made it into another day.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Somehow in that moment of almost guaranteed demise time slowed down

It's our brain processing speed that increases, it's wild!!! 😁
I've made decisions, while thinking my options out as sentences spoken in my mind, and in reality I couldn't speak the sentences that quick with the time I had!

I was doing 70mph on my motorbike, a car pulled out in front of me to join the other lane, driver slammed on his brakes and looked sideways straight at me, blocking my path.

I remember thinking calmly "#inhell!!! No way we're stopping, oncoming truck one side, innocent humans pavement/sidewalk on the other side, gotta jump this #inellll!!!"
And I did, just as the bike slammed into the rear side door of the car, I flew 30 metres or so in the air and rolled God knows how many times, but stopped totally uninjured.

Time didn't slow that day, but my human brain processed information, angles, distances etc at a rate it only can when adrenaline and endorphins are dumped into the blood stream!😁😁😁

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHumanUK

It's a very odd thing when such a thing happens.
As you knew what you had to do in a split second that made a almost guaranteed not good situation into a not so bad one.
Somehow I knew downshifting and gunning it would get me between a spinning truck and a rig avoiding what others unfortunately could not is something I can't fully explain and the only people that understand it are those that have been in it.
Unfortunately after that I have always been very apprehensive about driving. I only do so out of necessity these days due to fear that I won't get a second go at luck...or skill, however one chooses to view it.
edit on 26-2-2024 by Allaroundya4k because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I’ve never been in a hiway wreck but I did see a guy towing a F150 WITH a F150 on the hiway. It just looked wrong, and the guy was going fast.
After he flew by me, the truck behind started bouncing side to side, higher and higher, and then just barrel-rolled off the road. Luckily it didn’t take anybody out, but it was the craziest damned thing I’ve ever seen.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I don't even like hitting pubs anymore due to too many people thinking they are superman.
If I go it is to get some good grub and hit happy hour. After that I am out.
I've seen too many stupid people do super stupid things.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Dude one time I was helping a friend get some horses onto his trailer for a show. After we got on I-35 and got to speed(50mph because of the load) one of the tires just came right TF off his trailer and removed my bumper.
If that dawn tire had not hit my bumper and instead my windshield....well I would be haunting him to this day.
Infact we hung out a few months ago and I had a luggage issue so I made him buy me a outfit for something and he happily did so considering his tire almost killed me and all.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Totally understand, I'm just a bit of a addict of adrenaline though, always have been.
I've been learning to walk again since 2020 (nerve damaged feet) 3yrs on two crutches, now one crutch, but it's been boring as # physical training for thousands of lonely hours.

That was until I started training on dangerous cliff tops etc...so so exciting knowing that if I fall I'm dead, so absolutely focussed on the task, and almost a dream world of adrenaline/endorphin excitement of danger...stupid and dangerous yes of course, but a natural high that beats every drug I've ever tried!😁

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Twice it's just black total black you are aware but it's a void .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join