It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Stupid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 01:48 AM
link   
CIA Built "12 Secret Spy Bases" In Ukraine & Waged Shadow War For Last Decade, Bombshell NYT Report Confirms

the CIA program to modernize Ukraine's intelligence services has "transformed" the former Soviet state and its capabilities into "Washington’s most important intelligence partners against the Kremlin today."

the world just got a big step closer to WW3, given it means the CIA is largely responsible for the effectiveness of the recent spate of attacks which have included direct drone hits on key oil refineries and energy infrastructure.

"Without them [the CIA and elite commandoes it's trained], there would have been no way for us to resist the Russians, or to beat them," according to Ivan Bakanov, former head of the SBU, which is Ukraine’s domestic intelligence agency.

Huge NYT admission that Putin was basically right

Below is a hugely ironic excerpt from the Times report. The section begins by noting that Putin has repeatedly blamed the US-NATO for expanding its military and intelligence infrastructure into Ukraine. Not only had this precisely been going on for the past decade, as is now being admitted, but was presented by the Kremlin as a key cause of the Russian invasion of Feb.24, 2022. Putin and his officials were adamant on the eve of the invasion that NATO was militarizing Ukraine. The Times appears to now fully admit that, yes - this was actually the case:

tl;dr: US deep state publicly via NYT gives Putin the justification to do "something stupid". This is obviously bait so the US/NATO can in turn justify doing something even more stupid should Putin decide to take the bait.

edit on 26-2-2024 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

From first paragraph in your link.

and was doing so long prior to the Feb. 24 Russian invasion of two years ago.

Russia invaded Ukraine 10 years ago. Not 2.

edit on 26-2-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 01:59 AM
link   

So the CIA has been assisting and training Ukraine's intelligence services since 2014 (ie.: "the past decade").

And what happened in 2014 that might have lead Ukraine to agree to such an "arrangement"?

Putin did "something stupid" back then. He doesn't need, or seek, justification to continue being stupid.
edit on 26-2-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

In response to the US orchestrated Maïdan coup. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

ETA:

To the CIA, the unknown question was how long Nalyvaichenko and the pro-Western government would be around. The CIA had been burned before in Ukraine
from article linked in OP

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Back on topic: do you have an opinion why this formerly well guarded "secret" is now being revealed to the public?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

In response to the US orchestrated Maïdan coup. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Yes Russian propaganda to describe it as that way to justify it's invasion.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Back on topic: do you have an opinion why this formerly well guarded "secret" is now being revealed to the public?

Because the war hawks, neocons, RINOS and Uniparty co-conspirators, on their perspective committee assignments, are probably overlooking what's going on there because above anything else, Ukraine is a laundry mat. The intelligence service(s) can bury or expose anything. You play their game, you reep the residuals, would be my guess.

They didn't get their next infusion of tax dollars so they're whipping out the real skinny in another attempt to escalate the situation to where enough concern and subsequent fear will loosen the purse strings indefinitely.

It's all psychological.... probably myself more than anything else.. lol

Just spit balling.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Depends on just who you mean by the term "public".

If I were Putin, I would take this "revelation" as another sign of the US's commitment to the continued, and future support of a free Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The Ukrainian intelligent services were filled with pro-Russia personels when Ukraine had pro-Russia president .

So a lot unhappynes in those back then , which then ended the puppy president fleeing to russia and then Russia started violence campaigns in East Ukraine ....i cant blame Ukrainians for calling assistance from CIA as big Russia was allready intervening Ukrainian own business, being sovereign country , which wanted to enter the Western block like Poland .

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:35 AM
link   
My crystal ball tells me that this "new" news is leading up to peace talks. IE. before it was all "Putin bad", "Putin evil", "Putin does not have any reason for invasion", now, being as Ukraine is totally knackered and anybody that thinks otherwise is living in never never land, the "west" has to have a face saving way to bring about peace in that region and this ploy is just the ticket at just the right time. IE. "sorry Mr Putin we realise you were right and you did have a reason to invade". Well not in those words but you get the drift.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Uniparty co-conspirators, on their perspective committee assignments, are probably overlooking what's going on there because above anything else, Ukraine is a laundry mat

That is certainly part of the picture but I think it goes deeper than that.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
My crystal ball tells me that this "new" news is leading up to peace talks. IE. before it was all "Putin bad", "Putin evil", "Putin does not have any reason for invasion", now, being as Ukraine is totally knackered and anybody that thinks otherwise is living in never never land, the "west" has to have a face saving way to bring about peace in that region and this ploy is just the ticket at just the right time. IE. "sorry Mr Putin we realise you were right and you did have a reason to invade". Well not in those words but you get the drift.

Putin is justified to invade, because after he already invaded Ukraine got western help?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Depends on just who you mean by the term "public".

If I were Putin, I would take this "revelation" as another sign of the US's commitment to the continued, and future support of a free Ukraine.

Putin pretty much claimed that this was going on and that it was part of why Russia intervened in Ukraine. So this is not news to him or anyone following the official Russian stance. It is only news to those that that thought it was Russian propaganda. Mostly the western public but also those that are strongly west-oriented within Russia and countries of the global south.

So again: to what purpose and why now? A few things to consider in context:

Belarus just had elections, Putin is practically guaranteed to be reelected in about 3 weeks, the current discussion in the US about Ukraine aid being blocked, US presidential elections in November with all its implications. And there is also what I perceive as a bigger picture of baiting Putin. Some examples being ammunition shortages of NATO countries, the sorry state of certain branches of the western military, dangling the carrot of a civil war in the US, the house of cards of the US dollar, etc. all of which could also simply be due to incompetence, corruption, fanatical ideologists and overextension and decline in general. Which on some levels I'm sure they are. The question is if there is a deeper plan behind all that.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

This is a really interesting take and it would confirm that the recommendations of a RAND study on the Ukraine conflict published a year ago are now becoming US policy. I think you may be on to something.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

That doesn't answer the question though. Why make this public and more specifically why now? So far we have:

Baiting Putin into escalation
Baiting Putin into peace

I'd say short term these are probably the only two scenarios that make sense. Mid- to long-term it becomes more complicated.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   

And what happened in 2014 that might have lead Ukraine to agree to such an "arrangement"?

The coup we staged that overthrew Ukraine's government happened in 2014.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The coup we staged that overthrew Ukraine's government happened in 2014.

That's right! Here, have a cookie.

And true to her words "you" did indeed # the EU! I am mostly referring to blowing up Nord Stream and the resulting deindustrialization we are currently witnessing here.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I did a quick search on what's going on in Romania this morning. It would appear many, many companies that were based in Ukraine have hoped over the border.
By the end of March Romania will be members of the European 'schengen' (doesn't that sound Chinese or is it just me?), free movement over borders within the EU.
At the beginning of this year, the Romanian Government had to deal with farmers protests on taxes etc.
The reason I bring up Romania up in relation to your thread is (not just because I visited the country in 1979 when Ceaușescu was in power. Remember him and all the 'orphanages'?) because, as CrazySeed suggested, peace talks between Russia and Ukrain could be looming...... but not before the West has 'shifted operations' over the border into Romania. It's worth keeping an eye on what is going on there.
Here's a wee background video on Romania from 6 months ago. Since the video, Romania has been able to join Schengen.

Just something worth adding to the mix I feel.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Who wants to bet, that it was democrats under o'buma who built that. Actually, it literally goes back to dems under Truman in 1948, but modern dems always make # worse.

Remember, CIA during o'buma regime, was completely misappropriated by dems for the global spread of "democracy"...plus the pursuit of their political rivals.

Just look at how well that has stabilized the world.

NOT!

The world is never closer to complete disunity, than when democrats have a majority.

Prove me wrong, I dare any of you leftist nay-sayers, to show me even a fraction of the global conflicts under dems, than republicans. Let's start with the most recent first.

You will see, that more often than not, democrats start it, republicans will resolve it, only to have dems drag if back.

Like defeating AQIZ or ISIS, literally destroying jihadists presence around the world. Only to see them rise again.

Let's see it, show us the oh so great leftist Utopia.
It doesn't exist, if it did, you'd be there by now right.

😁

edit on 26-2-2024 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   

This is all true but hardly a secret. I'm surprised that it's a surprise for you. It was obvious from the beginning of the Russian invasion that Ukraine uses CIA reports, that the US secret services help Ukrainians by providing them with necessary reports about the enemy forces, with the exception of prominent Russian military leaders' personal details and their whereabouts. That info wasn't given to Ukrainian army for fear of escalation, in the beginning at least. I don't know if it changed.

Anyway, it was in the news here from the beginning and on the internet. You must have missed it somehow. Or perhaps the media in your country didn't cover it.
edit on 26-2-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join