It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different take on the Navalny situation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I stumbled upon this video, who's source is WikiLeaks, late last night and finished it this morning.

It centers around the organization that is claimed to have funded Navalny and it's connection to the color revolutions in that region.
It also touches on Navalny's past affiliations, comments and public gathering attendances which have "nationalistic references". The individual in the video claims that the term nationalistic was softer language for Nazi movements.

I would love to hear what you think regarding these claims ATS.

Is there any truth to these claims or is it just good ol' Ruski propaganda?

Something about the timing just seemed off to me but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WannabeeAuCourant

I think it would be arrogant to say it’s not possible he had western ties or influence.

But I also don't think it’s fair to say that was the probability. Any healthy nation should have internal opposition to their status quo. To me, I find it more odd that Russia hasn’t seen any traction on possible leaders aside from Putin, especially through a costly war for them. So far they have reportedly lost more troops than their war in Afghanistan which many attribute to being one of the causes for the fall of the Soviet Union.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Navalny 1000% had connections to the west.

Name one color revolution in recent history that wasn't covertly sponsored by a western intelligence agency...

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Putin is arguably the richest man in the world having only worked in government his whole life.

You’re telling me the only way there’s opposition to him is through western color revolutions?

Again, I would be arrogant to say western spies had no part. But I can also see the case for organic opposition to him.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Here’s a little more insight into the mind of Navalny.

It appears that he had some strong opinions.

t.me...

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well, it wouldn't be a "color revolution" if it wasn't backed by the west would it?

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Putin is arguably the richest man in the world having only worked in government his whole life.

You’re telling me the only way there’s opposition to him is through western color revolutions?

Again, I would be arrogant to say western spies had no part. But I can also see the case for organic opposition to him.

This is entirely my opinion as naturally no such evidence exists. However, I'm not saying organic opposition to Putin doesn't exist. I'm sure theres tons of anti-Putin sentiment among Russians.

I'm saying the Russian state doesn't allow for this to be spoken so boldly without immediate consequences. Did Russia poison him? Most likely. But prior to that Navalny gained plenty of fame and became a public figure. He ran for mayor of Moscow and even got 27% of the total vote.

This doesn't happen to a staunch anti-government proponent in Russia without a serious amount of protection. A typical Russian would've been Clinton'ed long before that vote took place. And i don't think that protection came from his personal wealth.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I seriously think all this about Navalny being murdered is BS. The Russian are not stupid, though an awful lot on here think so, If i were the Russians that supposedly murdered him I certainly would not release a body to anybody. It would be burned and just the ashes handed over. But then again you would all jump a somersault and say they wanted the body to show he'd been tortured for the fear affect.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I will address some silly claims from the movie since I wasted time watching it.

I will begin with the funding. I don't know if he received donations from the West. He had many supporters there but his anti-corruption organization received donations from Russian businessmen. There are Russian oligarchs disgruntled with Putin, the members of Russian opposition who migrated to the West, they could finance him too.

About the US interfering in Russia's internal affairs and that democracy is the right to self-determination... The Russian people have no right to self-determination. That right was taken way from them completely in 2020 when the amendments to the constitution were made that guaranteed Putin absolute power till the end of his life. They have no right to protest, to watch anything except the government TV, no free internet, no right to vote for anyone except Putin. All the serious members of opposition who could threaten Putin are eliminated. Only the weak pawns are admitted to election, some of them even cede their minor support to Putin. They have no right to voice an opinion which is different from the official propaganda. During Navalny's earlier activities, the regime was softer, it got tougher year by year as Putin grew in power. With the beginning of the war in Ukraine, people lost the last remains of freedom. Now voicing opposition to the government means long years in prison, sometimes even death.

Can you put yourself in the shoes of the people living under the totalitarian oppression? How can a silly armchair philosopher ( I'm talking about the guy from the video) talk about self-determination?

There was something said about Navalny's death; that it wasn't in Kremlin's interest to make Navalny a martyr. Once Putin became a pariah of Europe, a persona non grata in the West, when even Germans are weary of conducting business with him, he stopped giving a damn about the West. He no longer cares about how he's viewed in the West. He has a partner in China, he makes deals with the countries in Asia, Africa and South America. He's winning in Ukraine. The murder of Navalny was his middle finger shown to the Western World, could even be personal revenge for the disdain shown to him by previous business partners, like Germans for example, who rescued Navalny and fancied him the president of democratic and Europe friendly Russia.

Navalny's death additionally weakened the Russian opposition, many lost all the hope. So yes Kremlin gained something from Navalny's death.

I'm aware of his early nationalistic views. But he talked about deportation of immigrants not killing them. Later, he talked about giving visas to working immigrants only. I find it funny when the same people who rave mad about Mexicans crossing the US border illegally are so disgusted with Navalny's earlier views. I remember the time when even Poles couldn't enter the US without a visa. And before the war Poland had a complex system of visas and work permissions for Ukrainians. They couldn't enter unless invited by the employer . This is what Navalny proposed in his political program.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   
In the USA if someone did what Nalalny did they would have him locked up as a terrorist and he would probably die in prison somehow mysteriously or they would get killed in a car accident or something. It would happen in many countries around the world. It is not limited to Russia.

Let the first country without sin throw the first stone. This kind of thing was probably common in lots of countries of the world. I would bet it even has happened in England a few times.

Of course, maybe the west is better at covering things up because we have people in charge that watch Hollywood productions.

Our consciousness is being controlled by propaganda. Which is also common all over the world.

Sure, Russia is going to suppress people who are causing anarchy in their country.

I prefer not to make judgements about this kind of stuff because if you do, then your own government will start harrassing you, I try to stay neutral and just ignore some things that are going on around the world to protect my own sanity. I won't cut down our country for trying to keep people working together for the common good of the country, but I will complain when our government tries to divide our people...getting kind of sick of all the politics and forcing people to take sides in issues going on these days...glad I am older so I do not have to watch it tear apart our country for another fifty years.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I appreciate the responses.
I'm not saying it happened one way or another.
I have more questions than answers.
The only reason I entertained and shared the video was because of WikiLeaks.
Election coming up in Russia.
Who stands to benefit from his death the most?

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Is there any truth to these claims or is it just good ol' Ruski propaganda?

Here's the rule of thumb for that: Does the claim in any way align with Putin's will? If it validates a Kremlin storyline, then it's probably Russian propaganda.

In this case, all opposition to Putin are Nazis, which are always worse than anything Putin could ever be!

But I have a feeling something wants to change the narrative on Russia. And NATO. And anything former. So this could take off if recycled a year from now.

edit on 23-2-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
A nice post there ricky. Most countries do this heh? A nice example for you in the UK is a certain Julian Assange. In prison in the UK for what? Now I wonder what crime he committed in the UK to be held indefinitely? Does that fit the bill.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
A nice post there ricky. Most countries do this heh? A nice example for you in the UK is a certain Julian Assange. In prison in the UK for what? Now I wonder what crime he committed in the UK to be held indefinitely? Does that fit the bill.

I belive he was arrested for failing to appear on court.

He has been held as he is a flight risk ( which is fairly obvious given the recent history).

He has continued to be held as he has appealed.

I think there is a legitimate discussion about the rights and wrongs of his extradition but the reason he has been held are fairly clear and, unlike if he was in Putins Russia, he hasn't been mistreated.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

In the USA if someone did what Nalalny did they would have him locked up as a terrorist and he would probably die in prison somehow mysteriously or they would get killed in a car accident or something. It would happen in many countries around the world. It is not limited to Russia.

You don't say? So are all these thugs who nearly demolished the Capitol already dead? I must have missed it somehow. I thought they were still serving life sentences in that infamous labour camp in Alaska. What is its name? Snowy Owl? Are all their lawyers in ADX? I heard one of them managed to flee to China after FBI ransacked her office.

Poor people. If they were Russian citizens, they would at least have a fair trial.

Anyway, thanks for the update. Learn something new every day.

new topics

top topics

join