It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida surgeon general defies science amid measles outbreak

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Looks like the Florida Surgeon General knows something we don't know. He is the same surgeon general who came out and admitted that fragments of DNA were found in the COVID mRNA shots. Kudos for him giving parents the option to have their kids vaccinated as opposed to a mandate.

Florida surgeon general providing options for parents

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jaellma2

Par for the course given its Florida.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Interesting story. The FLSG recommended to parents that "they should decide what's best for their children" rather than make a manditory oversight (i.e. Less Government vs More Government) and it ruffled a lot of feathers.

Unfortunately, this guy (FLSG) is now a pawn in a huge marketing campaign being played to get more people onboard for vaccinating. We saw it all over the place for the past few months, with football players and their famous girlfriends advocating for getting the jab and now we're seeing scare-tactic psyops being used to gaslight anyone who doesn't fall in line with the plan.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It seems smart to keep your kid home if they're not vaccinated. Measles is a lot more contagious than other common viruses and it has real bad effects that can be long term or even kill kids especially. I can understand not getting the DTaP vaccine because of the potential supposed link to autism with the thimerosal however I can't understand not getting the MMR. It has never contained thimerosal which is supposedly the ingredient which is responsible for neurological issues or autism.

Also I think you can get the 3 shots diphtheria tetanus pertussis separately and that way it doesn't have the ingredient because if I recall correctly it is used to combine them or something im not sure its been quite awhile since I read about this.
edit on 23-2-2024 by Shoshanna because: more

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Once again, people in complete ignorance of a few facts. For decades now, most measles outbreaks are in fully vaccinated populations. The "98%" effectiveness is absolute bollocks. It's been shown to be about 65 to 70% effective, and that immunity wanes after just a few years. Most adults who have not had measles are open to infection. A third shot (most mandates are to get two MMRs several years apart) shows an effectiveness of about a year. Being a live vaccine, MMR recipients can be contagious for several days. It's THEM who should be staying home from school. Rather than being information from someone's basement blog, this is fairly easy to find if you dig a little on the FDA, CDC sites. One of New York's worst measles outbreaks was traced back to a recently vaccinated 22 year old female. But contemporary advice and belief about vaccines is black and white, based on faulty assumptions. Nowhere in this article does it say how these "experts" have concluded any outbreaks are due to unvaccinated people. It just states it as fact, with no proof. The entire world could be vaccinated for measles, and there would STILL be outbreaks, because: the vaccine is not particularly good.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Euronymous2625
a reply to: andy06shake

Hey Andy... is the UK following CDC guidelines for children getting annual mRNA therapy they don't benefit from or is your whole country defying CDC guidelines? Dying to know how many angry Facebook posts you've directed at your health authority about it.

So, I'm guessing neither of you can actually say anything about "The Science" he's "defying" and didn't read to find out what it was. Is that about right? This after we got crickets, or glowing praise, when jackboots were denying millions of children effective education to prevent them from getting a respiratory disease that they were at nearly zero risk of getting seriously ill from.

According to the CDC, about 91 percent of Florida kindergartners had received both doses of the Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccine, which includes measles and is required for public school students, although certain exemptions are allowed.

link

Weaponized alarmist attack dogs.

Authoritarian liberals and some "conservatives" didn't follow CDC guidance when they were closing schools during COVID, or shutting down business, or requiring people to put a gas station bandana from an unsanitary sweat shop on their face to be in public spaces. Those weren't CDC guidelines... those were the opinions of high ranking narcissists that became "The Science" in spite of being entirely contradictory to the existing body of evidence. Naturally, government control fetishists were eager to accept the new science of forcing irrational and unscientific mandates that did nothing except degrade the quality of life for those has to deal with them.

Where do you all stand on the US policy of allowing thousands of unvaccinated and untested vectors cross their border every month and distributing them across population centers?

Who do you suppose is the most frequent source of measles outbreaks in the US?

What exact risk do you believe the unvaccinated children actually face at this one elementary school if they don't wait until the 21 day incubation period for measles isn't over before returning to school? Did you read the article and understand what he was "defying"?

Did you folks have concerns when the FDA went against their own approval criteria (The Science) to approve COVID vaccines for children? Do your countries currently recommend that children start vaccinated annual for COVID as a baby? If not... why are your countries defying CDC guidelines and why isn't this alarming to you?

(post by network dude removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ksihkahe

Why would the UK follow CDC guidelines for anything?

CDC does not hold any sway here in the UK.

Also, they are not issuing mRNA COVID 19 vaccines, or only to those deemed susceptible here in the UK at the moment

Dont really do FB ksihkahe.

So guess again my little friend.

As to the MMR(measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine, that's pretty safe, don't know any kids that don't have that if I'm honest.

Have a nice day.

I will say that measles/mumps can be bad for kids who are not vaccinated, the same as polio but that's another vaccine.
edit on 23-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Funny how as a child in the 60's I got the measles after my shot. This was not lost on my young mind later when I heard the pitch to take the MMR vax later. I was beginning to see an issue in elementary school. In the Army, I bet I had to take the Polio vaccine about 5 times. It would have been more but they gave it to me a couple of times in a vial and it was easy to spill out and forget about it. I am thinking my allergies started because they treated us like guinea pigs with vaccines when I was in.

originally posted by: Shoshanna

It seems smart to keep your kid home if they're not vaccinated. Measles is a lot more contagious than other common viruses and it has real bad effects that can be long term or even kill kids especially. I can understand not getting the DTaP vaccine because of the potential supposed link to autism with the thimerosal however I can't understand not getting the MMR. It has never contained thimerosal which is supposedly the ingredient which is responsible for neurological issues or autism.

Also I think you can get the 3 shots diphtheria tetanus pertussis separately and that way it doesn't have the ingredient because if I recall correctly it is used to combine them or something im not sure its been quite awhile since I read about this.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=27310134]andy06shake

Why would the UK follow CDC guidelines for anything?

Which, implicitly, means that the CDC guidelines you're piling on to Chicken Little aren't "The Science".

Got it.

CDC guidelines are just as voluntary for the State of Florida as they as they are for the UK and everybody else... who have mostly not followed CDC guidance on COVID vaccination, a disease that was so severe it justified gross human rights violations and secret government censorship campaigns all over the Western world.

Pharmaceutical companies sponsoring the press has resulted in a proliferation of pseudo-intellectual jellyfish.

Par for the course andy06shake, indeed.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Measles had been going down steadily for decades before the vaccine existed. Invented in 1963, the first measles vaccine didn't work at all. The first functioning vaccine that existed, started in 1968.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ksihkahe

Nope, not in the slightest.

It simply means the UK has Public Health Service and NHS.

We don't really have a direct equivalent in the UK to your CDC.

And we don't follow their guidelines we follow our own.

But you would have known that if you had bothered your arse to find out.

Anyhoo good luck with the anti-vax nonsense.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

It's almost as if vaccines worked.

Nahhhh. That's not it.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefineblackharm

Ahh yes. It's just a huge coincidence that cases plummeted after the introduction of the vaccine and only started to make a resurgence with the rise of the anti-vax movement.

(post by Disgusted123 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
CDC - Could I still get measles if I am Fully Vaccinated? - CDC

Very few people—about three out of 100—who get two doses of measles vaccine will still get measles if exposed to the virus. Experts aren’t sure why. It could be that their immune systems didn’t respond as well as they should have to the vaccine. But the good news is, fully vaccinated people who get measles seem more likely to have a milder illness. And fully vaccinated people seem also less likely to spread the disease to other people, including people who can’t get vaccinated because they are too young or have weakened immune systems

Good Read

Measles and Measles Vaccines: 14 Things To Consider - LINK

Measles Transmitted By The Vaccinated, Gov. Researchers Confirm - LINK
edit on 23-2-2024 by tarantulabite1 because: broke link fix

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join