It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More recalls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Over 120K gun safes recalled after reports of faulty biometric lock.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Four different companies have recalled certain gun safes after some – about 120,520 total products – were determined to have faulty biometric locks, allowing the safes to be opened by unauthorized users.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recalls on Thursday affecting safes sold by Bulldog Cases, Machir, MouTec and Awesafe.

The article will tell you more and have links to company sites with specific serial numbers.

Just wanted to put it out there.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Over 120K gun safes recalled after reports of faulty biometric lock.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Four different companies have recalled certain gun safes after some – about 120,520 total products – were determined to have faulty biometric locks, allowing the safes to be opened by unauthorized users.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recalls on Thursday affecting safes sold by Bulldog Cases, Machir, MouTec and Awesafe.

The article will tell you more and have links to company sites with specific serial numbers.

Just wanted to put it out there.

Thank you David, I just it at bought a safe. I decided against biometric because the reviews were so mixed. Glad I went with just a combo with a manual lock as back up.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Haha that’s funny.
I just got that email too.
I bought my father one of those for his nightstand.
Stupid Chinese garbage.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Are they Chinese made? Whats the betting when China invade they will all lock??

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: Vermilion

Are they Chinese made? Whats the betting when China invade they will all lock??

Yup, hecho in China according to the recall notice.
www.cpsc.gov...

They say to disable the biometrics and take a photo as proof, only then will they send a new one.
I’m totally sure the new one will be legit, right. 🙄

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   
this is kind of funny in a way. who really needs all this James Bond kind of stuff anyway?

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Biometrics have never been reliable. The Myth Busters did a story on the fingerprint readers and they are so simple to bypass. Also, they don't work if your hand is dirty or sweaty.

Funny how some are working on guns that have the same flaws, erm.. features in them.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
More Chinese innovation....I wonder if they have a 'backdoor' incorporated in these 'safes'?

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Safe: "Oh yeah, you're a federal agent of the Biden administration. Status is OPEN!!"

Cheers

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   
So, what happens when the battery goes dead on your gun safe? I have a feeling there is way more to these electronic gun safes than they are telling us, a gun won't help protect you from anyone if it is remotely disabled so you can't get your gun out. Just think if the government could send out some frequency and lock all these safes so people cannot get to their guns...or even more of a threat if thieves could disable your ability to get at guns before they break into your house.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
No school like the old school.

Safety, education and kids that obey their parents.

As for these intruders and thieves, I've got a high flying middle finger salute directed towards their general vicinity.

Ugh.

New tech isn't always good tech.

Didn't we have enough cautionary tales and movies to this effect and folks learn from all over how to exploit things.

Lockpickers, safe crackers, digital prints downloaded and used without authorization.

Whatta world I'm telling ya.

Sigh.
edit on 2/24/24 by GENERAL EYES because: Spellin'

join