It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal logic at it's finest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

As New York City Mayor Eric Adams sets to dish out $53 million in pre-paid credit cards to illegal migrants, a startling new study has revealed that more of the city’s residents are becoming poorer, with one in four children now living in poverty.

Nearly two million, or 23% percent, of the city’s residents were unable to afford basic necessities like housing and food in 2022, according to a new study by Columbia University and Robin Hood, a large philanthropic organization.

I don't claim to be smart. But I used to think the process was, Problem+solution=resolution. NYC has a problem with too many illegal aliens coming in, and not enough resources to maintain them. Even with their sanctuary city status, they seem to have issues in this department. The people who live in the poorer areas are being shut out of their local resources in favor of these illegal immigrants.

Now knowing this is the problem, finding a solution seems like an important thing to do. I think I need to re-iterate the problem, too many Illegal immigrants coming to NYC and not enough resources to maintain them. If that's not correct, I think someone should articulate the issue for everyone so it could be understood.

The solution Mayor Adams has come up with is to offer those same illegal immigrants, free money. Cash cards. Now again, I'm not smart, or even pretending to know the answers here, but the logic side of my brain tells me that this will attract more of those same people to come to NYC for the exact reason the mayor is providing for the solution. This would cause more people without means to support themselves, coming to NYC, causing more of the exact same problem he is supposed to be fixing. If that's not the proper use of logic, this would be a good time to set me straight.

So I propose a question. What end result is likely from giving the people you wish to limit coming into your city free money?

A. Everyone would see how sincere the mayor is, and out of kindness, not go to NYC to get the free money

or

B. anyone and everyone who can have the option to go to NYC will go, thus overwhelming the system, and causing a melt down in one of America's largest population centers

If there is a choice C, I can't think of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But I used to think the process was, Problem+solution=resolution.

I see where you fluffed up.....

There exists a coefficient for gov't. Lets mark it as (g).

(g)problem + (g)solution = (g)resolution

(g)resolution = funded by taxpayers

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I find a lot of people in higher positions have the mentality of small children.
One wants a 50 dollar minimum wage, the others love unchecked immigrants so much, they don't see that there are limits to keeping them buttered up.
For some reason all liberals seem to think there is infinite money and people are just "mean" to the illegal invaders.

A generation brought up without learning economics at school and brainwashed to think everyone foreign is good, beautiful and wise and that potatoes come from the supermarket.

Meanwhile anyone who speaks like an adult is called a meanie and a racist. Just like teens hate their well meaning parents when they are told facts that will save their lives.

Frustrating to all adults and people with more than two braincells.

edit on 22-2-2024 by Hecate666 because: Auto type is mental

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You get what you tolerate, even more when you encourage it with subsidies. The willful ignorance of government prevents correction.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
~Upton Sinclair

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The people see the problems, they know which party is responsible for those problems and they rant and rave about it, yet they still keep voting for them.

"You can't fix stupid " - Ron White.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

this is the part that I honestly don't get. No partisan thought involved, just logic. Why would you continue to vote for a political system that appears to go against the basic self preservation instinct? I realize there are those who are into S&M, flogging themselves, and such, but are they all in NYC begging for more? Because based on the policies they are speaking out loud about, I can't see how it's not.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So let’s see if I have this correct…

If you’re an illegal alien and come here you get $10,000 in cash.
If you’re an American citizen who’s city and house with everything you owned in it burned up then you get $700.
I imagine the Hawaiians will be outraged.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Problem+solution=resolution

What is that? The "new math"?
I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The people see the problems, they know which party is responsible for those problems and they rant and rave about it, yet they still keep voting for them.

"You can't fix stupid " - Ron White.

That's the rub isn't it?

Not voting doesn't move the needle either.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: yeahright

Why would you continue to vote for a political system that appears to go against the basic self preservation instinct?

There's an illusion of choice. People have bought into that because the reality is too horrifying. Trump was the first real alternative in decades. Far from perfect, but he's the wrench in the gears. Which is why They cannot allow him to win again.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'm on my way....

Bonkers!

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

There is a giant fallacy right off the bat in the title of your thread…..

Liberal = No Logic

As for the rest of your OP, the Democrats hate America……it’s that simple.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I'm on my way....

Bonkers!

who wouldn't come?

If I could go to Mexico and come back in as an "other" and get all this free stuff, I might go that route too. But the system isn't like that.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

As for the rest of your OP, the Democrats hate America……it’s that simple.

that is what it appears from here, but can it really be that simple?

I honestly wish a liberal leftie would explain why thing way of thinking is superior.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

C: Keep raising taxes and fees on the taxpayers and use the court system to steal money from the wealthy to keep the gravy train rolling until the illegal immigrants serve their purpose, then kick them to the curb along with the American citizens already there.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The "system" is broken?

Replace the wall with free cash dispensers?

Will that be next?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

So let’s see if I have this correct…

If you’re an illegal alien and come here you get $10,000 in cash.
If you’re an American citizen who’s city and house with everything you owned in it burned up then you get $700.
I imagine the Hawaiians will be outraged.

And if you saved up and waited for a green card and have I remember about 10 000 and a job lined up, you must also feel shafted.
Either they want to make people deliberately angry or they are so stupid they should not be out living by themselves.

The world is bonkers.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

That doesn't just apply to immigration.

But is a demonstrable mindset and logic being applied to many other things.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

but can it really be that simple?

I believe it is, how else could you explain what they trying to do for invaders that are not legal citizens of this country?

They shower illegal invaders with free everything and kick the real citizens right in the nuts, including the low IQ simpletons that vote for them.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

but can it really be that simple?

I believe it is, how else could you explain what they trying to do for invaders that are not legal citizens of this country?

They shower illegal invaders with free everything and kick the real citizens right in the nuts, including the low IQ simpletons that vote for them.

It looks just like that, but I just can't process that thinking it's really just that simple. There has to be some other plan that we aren't seeing yet. Otherwise, there is an entire state full of total and complete idiots. I do agree it appears that way, but as I said, I just can't wrap my head around it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join