It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Attorney General says she will seize Trump's assets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Perhaps they are too willfully ignorant to articulate the proper verbiage?

Don't be a dialect bigot!

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

Don't cook the books for a decade or more and you don't have anything to worry about.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Pleads guilty... no proof.

Ok. Why didn't he reject the plea deal?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The bank didn't defend Trump they were covering thie own ass from the sounds of the article.

Cool story.

But the banks aren't on the hook for anything in this instance.

In fact, they'd have everything to gain. Nothing stopping them then or now from joining the lawsuit...

Your logic is faulty here.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

show me leftist scum where I said that.

You didn't. Not exactly. But, that's how you come across.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yes they are. Internally they are. People's jobs.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Pleads guilty... no proof.

Ok. Why didn't he reject the plea deal?

You'll have to ask him.

Do you understand how plea deals work? Especially the leverage?

Can you link this plea deal so at least I know what you're referring to?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yes they are. Internally they are. People's jobs.

You're concerned with peoples jobs?

Do you also share this concern with the people employed by Trumps NY companies?
edit on 22-2-2024 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
He lost his court case. He's been ordered to pay hundreds of millions of dollars as a result. Do you think he just doesn't have to pay up because of feelz?

The courts have a number of ways of making sure you pay if toy are unable or unwilling. Asset seizure is one such way.

The families in the Alex Jones case such voted to liquidate his assets as he has not paid them a debt at this point.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Why and how did he get himself into that mess in the first place?

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yes I'm concerned about people's jobs. And I'm also concerned about people doing their jobs ethically right.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

a reply to: ColeYounger2

Who cares. Don't break the law?

New York is going to care when their batsh!t crazy radical leftist politics bites them on the ass. It's already happening.

Remington Arms saw the writing on the wall and pulled up stakes for Georgia. The oldest gun manufacturer in the country couldn't take it anymore.
NY is screwed.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

If he has to pay it’s going to be a strong precedent.

My guess is the people of New York will be harmed far more by the results of this case than any shady business deals conducted by Trump.

People are going to take note and think twice about setting up shop in a state that is willing to use the courts for political motives. Not to mention the heavy taxes there and a growing trend of people who would rather live in other places due to cost of living.

There are states with low corporate tax rates like North Carolina with an attractive cost of living compared to other comparably populated areas.

I also expect we see more cases like this as political retaliation. As much as I think it’s damaging no matter who does it, it seems inevitable.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

show me leftist scum where I said that.

You didn't. Not exactly. But, that's how you come across.

I invite you to check into the T&C and see if misquoting others in a desperate attempt to not look foolish is allowed. I don't think it is. Folks usually have to put on big boy panties and have conversations with some facts, or be shown to look like, well, fools. But you do you.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm much more concerned with the precedent set as it applies to existing and future mortgages.

If by allowing the judges method of valuating properties stands, then all people who have or had a mortgage would be ripe for suit in their respective states.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
He lost his court case. He's been ordered to pay hundreds of millions of dollars as a result. Do you think he just doesn't have to pay up because of feelz?

The courts have a number of ways of making sure you pay if toy are unable or unwilling. Asset seizure is one such way.

The families in the Alex Jones case such voted to liquidate his assets as he has not paid them a debt at this point.

Being the amazing paralegal you are, is there such a thing as an appeals process? I'm not a law guy, but I have heard of such a thing being used when the person charged feels they were charged unfairly.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: ColeYounger2

So dumb that they don't know their desperate actions make Trump more popular and they'll never bring him down like that. He's cleaner than any other politician lol, especially in the democrat party.

I don't think I would care if he were the dirtiest dog out there. He has the right people in his sights. People who need to suffer for all they have done. I can only HOPE he becomes half as criminal as Biden in delivering justice ruthlessly.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

OK, let this sink in for a minute:

New York governor Kathy Hochul is now doing some desperate damage control. She is telling New York businesses that "We only did this to Trump. We're not going to do it to you. Just Trump."

Hochul tells businesses not to worry

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Not to mention not any banker had to face any ramifications for 08’.

So if we are going to talk about banking practices that damaged the public, let’s do it.
edit on 22-2-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hehe.

I knew the silly and non congruent arguments of people defending banks wouldn't escape you.

Some laughter was had quietly by me on that scenario as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join