It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US proposes UN resolution calling for ceasefire in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Seems Netanyahu has pushed his luck to far with his plan to go into Rafah as the US are now proposing a ceasefire resolution in the UN , better late than never.

Another shocker for the supporters of this Genocide is the UN has received "credible reports" of Israeli soldiers raping , sexually assaulting and killing Palestinian women and girls

The United States has proposed a draft UN Security Council resolution that would underscore the body's "support for a temporary ceasefire in Gaza as soon as practicable".

The text also "determines that under current circumstances a major ground offensive into Rafah would result in further harm to civilians and their further displacement including potentially into neighbouring countries".

Such a move "would have serious implications for regional peace and security, and therefore underscores that such a major ground offensive should not proceed under current circumstances".

Reports of Israeli officers raping and sexually assaulting detained Palestinian women and girls have been received by experts at the United Nations Human Rights Office.

"Credible" allegations revealed in a statement issued today by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) included that women and girls have been arbitrarily executed in Gaza, often together with family members including their children.

"We are shocked by reports of the deliberate targeting and extrajudicial killing of Palestinian women and children in places where they sought refuge, or while fleeing. Some of them were reportedly holding white pieces of cloth when they were killed by the Israeli army or affiliated forces," the experts said.

"We are particularly distressed by reports that Palestinian women and girls in detention have also been subjected to multiple forms of sexual assault, such as being stripped naked and searched by male Israeli army officers. At least two female Palestinian detainees were reportedly raped while others were reportedly threatened with rape and sexual violence."

The OHCHR said the experts noted that photos of female detainees in degrading circumstances were also reportedly taken by the Israeli army and uploaded online
news.sky.com...

edit on 19-2-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
supporters of this Genocide

It's not genocide. You continue to use that rhetoric. Shameful.

is the UN has received "credible reports" of Israeli soldiers raping , sexually assaulting and killing Palestinian women and girls

So if someone makes an allegation against the IDF claiming rape ... you buy it. But the massive evidence against Hamas and the Palestinians ... mass raping and sexually mutilating both men and women on October 7th is just bunk? Yeah .. right.

I clicked on your link. None of that text was there. It only said this -

Middle East latest: US proposes UN resolution calling for ceasefire in Gaza; reports of Israeli soldiers raping Palestinian girls, UN says

Allegations of Israeli officers raping and sexually assaulting detained Palestinian women and girls have been received by the United Nations Human Rights Office.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm just here for the "MY reports are credible, but yours aren't, even though they're through the same medium because MY side is correct" that will likely take place within the next hour.

Are you stoked? I know I'm stoked.

Why can't we just all agree that everything happening in that little patch of desert is inhumane and cruel - from decades ago all the way until now? Wouldn't that be nice? To actually acknowledge that all sides have been acting out in savage scumbaggery?

I know it won't happen because it makes too much sense, but I can dream.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It was there; there were additional links that connect to additional reports/articles.

Here it is, in full:

Reports of Israeli soldiers raping Palestinian women and girls, UN says
Reports of Israeli officers raping and sexually assaulting detained Palestinian women and girls have been received by experts at the United Nations Human Rights Office.

"Credible" allegations revealed in a statement issued today by the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) included that women and girls have been arbitrarily executed in Gaza, often together with family members including their children.

"We are shocked by reports of the deliberate targeting and extrajudicial killing of Palestinian women and children in places where they sought refuge, or while fleeing. Some of them were reportedly holding white pieces of cloth when they were killed by the Israeli army or affiliated forces," the experts said.

"We are particularly distressed by reports that Palestinian women and girls in detention have also been subjected to multiple forms of sexual assault, such as being stripped naked and searched by male Israeli army officers. At least two female Palestinian detainees were reportedly raped while others were reportedly threatened with rape and sexual violence."

The OHCHR said the experts noted that photos of female detainees in degrading circumstances were also reportedly taken by the Israeli army and uploaded online.

They said they also expressed serious concern about the arbitrary detention of hundreds of Palestinian women and girls, including human rights defenders, journalists and humanitarian workers, in Gaza and the West Bank since 7 October.

It said many have reportedly been subjected to inhuman and degrading treatment, denied menstruation pads, food and medicine, and severely beaten.

"On at least one occasion, Palestinian women detained in Gaza were allegedly kept in a cage in the rain and cold, without food," the agency added.

The UN experts said: "We remind the Government of Israel of its obligation to uphold the right to life, safety, health, and dignity of Palestinian women and girls and to ensure that no one is subjected to violence, torture, ill-treatment or degrading treatment, including sexual violence."

Israel's defence ministry has been contacted for comment.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

So if someone makes an allegation against the IDF claiming rape ... you buy it.

You are happy to buy what the IDF tell you I'm happy for the UN to investigate the claims made.

It's there which is how I copied and pasted it , all you need do is scroll down to the reports , it's not difficult.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

As much as I dislike the US throwing it's power around.....it's about time we put an end to this violence.
At the very least get the civs out and do what needs to be done....but the women and children,,,,c'mon man.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm calling BS.

This is a gesture for optics. It gives the impression that the U.S. actually cares about Palestinians and that 95% of our elected officials aren't in Israel's pockets.

Our government just sent $14.5 billion to Israel a few months ago, as opposed to the traditional $3 billion per year. Was that money meant for encouraging peace talks?

edit on 19-2-2024 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
This is a gesture for optics.

Biden trolling for Muslim votes in Michigan ... which polls say he is about to lose in November.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

This is a gesture to for optics. It gives the impression that the U.S. actually cares about Palestinians and that 95% of our elected officials aren't in Israel's pockets.

The US know if Israel go into Rafah it will be a bloodbath , they're already implicated in aiding and abetting war crimes committed by Israel the move into the place where the Palestinians have been forced over the last few months is a step too far , they also fear part 4 of Israel's plan , forcing the Palestinians into the Sinai (another war crime) is moving one step closer to reality with Egypt clearing land and building a wall.

This isn't a gesture it's panic.
edit on 19-2-2024 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   
we need to fund HAMAS! get those freedom fighters more weapons and rape gear!

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

we need to fund HAMAS! get those freedom fighters more weapons and rape gear!

Netanyahu already took care of that.

Mr Levy - who was head of economic warfare in the Mossad, Israel's spy agency, until 2016 - says he told Mr Netanyahu many times that Israel had the means to crush Hamas, which controls Gaza, "by using only financial tools".

Mr Levy says he never got a response to his proposal from Mr Netanyahu.

When asked if he considered there was a connection between Mr Netanyahu's alleged reluctance to deal with Hamas's finances and the 7 October attack, Mr Levy is unequivocal.

"Yes, of course," he says. "There is a very good chance that... we would [have] prevent[ed] a lot of the money" that had gone into Gaza, and that "the monster that Hamas built probably [wouldn't be] like the same monster that we faced on October 7th."

Hamas would have needed "billions, not millions" of dollars, says the former spy chief, to build hundreds of kilometres of tunnels underneath Gaza and pay for an estimated 30,000-strong military force.

One specific funding stream, which Mr Levy says he raised with Mr Netanyahu in 2014, was an alleged multi-million-dollar investment portfolio which Israeli intelligence said was controlled by Hamas and managed out of Turkey.

Mr Levy says that Mr Netanyahu chose not to act on the information.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Why are we not putting sanctions on Qatar for hosting the actual leaders of Hamas?

Cut off the heads of the snakes. Arrest the leaders, put holds on their money and any monies funding the actual fighters. Provide safe passage and resettle.

Put US money where America needs it. Quite financing hatred.

Continuing the fighting will create terrorists ( from both sides) for generations to come.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Have all the hostages been returned?

Have the palestinians surrendered?

If no, then . . .

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: gortex
supporters of this Genocide

It's not genocide. You continue to use that rhetoric. Shameful.

is the UN has received "credible reports" of Israeli soldiers raping , sexually assaulting and killing Palestinian women and girls

So if someone makes an allegation against the IDF claiming rape ... you buy it. But the massive evidence against Hamas and the Palestinians ... mass raping and sexually mutilating both men and women on October 7th is just bunk? Yeah .. right.

Middle East latest: US proposes UN resolution calling for ceasefire in Gaza; reports of Israeli soldiers raping Palestinian girls, UN says

Allegations of Israeli officers raping and sexually assaulting detained Palestinian women and girls have been received by the United Nations Human Rights Office.

So it’s okay to rape some people but not others?

Your inhumanity is showing.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
So it’s okay to rape some people but not others?

I never said that. I point out that someone ignores overwhelming evidence against Hamas in that they committed mass rape of both men and women and mass mutilation of sexual organs, but they automatically believe allegations against Jews when no proof except allegations is given.

Your inhumanity is showing.

Your lack of reading comprehension is showing.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 04:18 AM
link   

edit on 2/20/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You know I really don’t give a # about Israel, nor do I care for the shameful manner in which they have prosecuted this war, and have been pro-Palestine my whole life but I think they should continue it until Hamas is totally destroyed. There can be no peace with respect to either Israel or Palestine so long as they remain an extant force.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

USA has been systematically blocking with its veto in the UN Security Council each and every one of the measures/resolutions/investigations that affect Israel. From 1972 to 2011 he used his veto power as a permanent member on up to 41 occasions.

U.N. Security Council: U.S. Vetoes of Resolutions Critical to Israel
(1972 - Present)

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...
www.un.org...
www.lavanguardia.com...
I imagine that the USA is seeing the path of its support, its blockade and its direct influence with its veto power as a permanent member of the UN, make the USA a totally essential actor so that Israel can carry out this genocide with impunity.

Although the USA knows that at a global level it will control each and every one of the resolutions against themselves or against Israel. They know that they cannot control the truth indefinitely over time, all the reliable testimonies, the investigations and the real data that are taken over time by independent researchers...

They are aware that when all this appears, history will put in its rightful place who made this possible, opposing at the end of the war in palestine, even opposing something as basic as fulfilling Palestinian human rights. Now comes the fear that Israel will not be able to stop its desire to exterminate and expel each of the Palestinians from Gaza and that it will be impossible to hide Israel's final act from the world, which hopefully will not happen and will be prevented by all means. There are more than a million people crowded in the area that they threaten to attack.

Good contribution Gortex. The light will show us what is really under the shadows.
edit on 20-2-2024 by HopeForTheFuture because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2024 by HopeForTheFuture because: translation errors

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I wonder if this is true, if so why aren't more people talking about it? Anyway, it's an RFK quote and someone added a caption:

The awkward moment when you realize Palestinian Arabs only came to the Holy Land after Jews developed the land.

"The Jews point with pride to the fact that over 500,000 Arabs, in the 12 years between 1932 and 1944, came into Palestine to take advantage of living conditions existing in no other Arab state." -RFK, Boston Post, June 3, 1948.

edit on 26-2-2024 by Solvedit because: format

new topics

top topics

join