It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver makes Clarence Thomas an offer.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Surely we all know how corrupt our government has become. All branches, the Executative, the Congressional and the Judiciary.

To help ferret out some of the corruption of the Judiciary, in this case the Supreme Court itself, Oliver in his opening program this season offered questionable relationships between members of the SC and private interests. Going back to the Abe Fortas case the late 60s due to a bribary scandal he jumped to our present day court, landing heavily on the Justice many see as being one of the most corrupt of all time, Clarence Thomas.

Through out his commentary Oliver stings Thomas with insinuating accusations of corruption chronicalling his SC decisions that have a strong appearance of being directly connected to gifts he has recieved and billionaire friendships he has made over the years.

One segment of the program featured Thomas and his wife touring the country in their expensive motor home that was bought years ago for a quarter of a million dollar in a loan by the seller which according to records found by Oliver, Thomas never paid back.

So, Oliver has made an offer to Thomas. As there is a strong appearance that Thomas is only on the Court for the perks, Oliver is offering Thomas one million dollars a year until either of them dies.

Oliver noted that he has talked to legal experts who assured him that he wasn’t breaking any laws and said “HBO is not putting up the money for this. I am personally on the hook. You can make me really regret this. I could be doing standup tours to pay for your retirement for years.”

“This offer is not forever,” Oliver continued. “You have exactly 30 days from midnight tonight to make your resignation effective.”

To sweeten the deal, Oliver is also offering to Thomas a brand new motor coach worth over two million dollars with a full bedroom with a king-size bed, one and a half baths, a fireplace, four TVs, a washer/dryer, and a residential-size fridge.

He has a legal document already drawn up and all Thomas needs to do is to sign it and resign from the court.

And of course, Thomas is not likely to accept the offer but in the very least, Oliver has done a good job of pointing out and finding a way to make public the inadequate restrictions on graft among the Supreme Court Justices.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Give us a break already...

They're only digging for dirt because the SC is handing the left some major losses to their HORRENDOUS legislation. 🙄

They don't like their tyranny being brought to heel.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Your advocation for every bit of corruption levied on Trump gives you zero credibility when you're crying about corruption.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

So, no comment on Clarence's corrupt behavior.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
So, no comment on Thomas's corrupt behavior.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Do you support packing of the court?

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

Is that what you call due process? That was quick.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So no comment on the Thomas Corruption allegations again.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Their allegations are "self-executing."

It's the hip new thing.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 04:30 AM
link   

if he has done something illegal, arrest him. Why has he not been arrested? he's not in the protecte(D) class.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   
First sourcing Salon, now Oliver...

It explains a lot, it also gives me zero incentive to consider your opinions in the future...

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 05:48 AM
link   

You have zero credibility. You’re a known liar , trump is living in your head . Time to go back to cnn there Schumer .

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Why do people like you live to hate what is good and just? It seems it is so you can have Demonic things running the USA! Why do you fall for this IDK? OR I do know and it is even worse than I wished you would be.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lovelyldy

You have zero credibility. You’re a known liar , trump is living in your head . Time to go back to cnn there Schumer .

Oliver is a commie and I don't ever give him more than the 1st sentence out of his mouth and I know he is a useful idiot for Communist leaders running our country secretly. If they had to pay Trump a dollar for every lie they told about him, they would go bankrupt.
edit on 19000000152920242America/Chicago02am2 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Not a single person has actually commented on your topic and just immediately started with attacks and deflection.
Oh my how the mighty have fallen.
I guess it's because they can smell commie in the water.....or they just don't have decency anymore....
Good thread BTW and I think J.O. is hilarious most the time and he and his team have done some exceptional work over the years.
The dude may be a prick in private but his skills and comedy are on point.

(post by watchitburn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

That'll happen when you spend years advocating for corruption.

Then, complain about corruption...

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lovelyldy

Well hurrah for you, you managed to hit the party line, line for line. Got any more or will you just repeat and repeat your in-depth analysis of my existence.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He has consulted with the legal branch there at HBO and they have assured him that neither they or he is breaking any laws by his offer to Thomas.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

So you suppose I would have expected your consideration in the first place as I can tell you honestly I will not miss it. Bye

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join