It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry Considering American Citizenship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wasn't sure if this was 'politicians and people' or just 'people'. Since Harry is international, well known, tries to tell people what to do, is in line for the English throne, and is controversial .. I went with 'politicians and people'.

Prince Harry is in line for the English throne. He married an American and moved to America. He 'makes a living' (if you can call it that) grifting and writing/talking about his version of events being an English royal.

He recently said that he likes living in America and is considering becoming an American citizen. The article doesn't say 'duel citizen' of UK and America, but I assume that's what it would be if he did it. This brings up that he would probably have to give up his royal title and his place in line for the crown. He's way down the list so it probably wouldn't matter much, but for someone who claims to be wanting nothing to do with the monarchy, he really is attached to his royal title and he's attached to making money off of it.

I don't see him becoming an American citizen. I think he likes being a royal too much .. even if he's claiming to be running away from it. If he ever actually gives up his royal title, then I'll think about believing him that he's authentic. Until then ... not so much. I had hoped that he and his wife would move back to England, but it doesn't sound like that's what he wants to do. Oh well.

Prince Harry Breaks Silence - Says Considering American Citizenship

Elsewhere, Harry was asked about life in sunny California, and how it felt to be 5,459 miles away from his family when he found out the news about His Majesty’s diagnosis.

Harry has been loving life in California so much that he’s even considered becoming an official US citizen.

“It’s amazing,” he said of life in the Golden State. “I love every single day.”

“Would you think about becoming a citizen?” Harry was asked, to which he responded, “I have considered it, yeah.”

When asked what’s stopping him, Harry said, “I have no idea. I’m here doing this … The thought has crossed my mind, but not a high priority right now.”

Should Harry decide to become a US citizen, he would be compelled to renounce his royal title.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Its amazing for him in Cali because he's an extremely wealthy celebrity who is probably narcissistic bc I get narc vibes from that wife of his. I'm sure if he was regular Joe he wouldn't like it so much. But seriously though doesn't all the royal news nonsense that's been going on since they moved here just scream distraction to you? But what are they distracting us from? Why are these people famous?!? They seem whiny and attention seeking to me. And the claims of racism by the royal family honestly if I was the Queen or King and hearing my grandson or son was marrying a half black chick I would wonder about the complexion of the baby too. Thats just normal # right there. Just more bs and what MSM wants us to be focusing on.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Geez I thought by now he would have dumped that desperate and delusional airhead and gone back to the UK. This is horrible news hoping their whole fiasco will just be over.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I believe there is a hearing scheduled for Friday next week(?) about his Visa Application..... there might be an issue with him admitting his drug taking days....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The succession to the throne is controlled by Act of Parliament, so it would take an Act of Parliament to exclude him altogether. It could be done, but the sheer inconvenience of doing the work would probably save him from that fate. George I was a German when he inherited, so the issue obviously isn't covered in the 1702 Act.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Make Harry come across the southern border like everyone else.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I didn’t think drug users were eligible for US citizenship? In his book Spare Prince Todger admits to using illegal drugs.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Does this mean he will get an actual job?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn4

Exactly!
Also, apparently, his visa application was submitted before his book..... so did he lie on his visa application and say no to drugs?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

But, isn't he behind all of William's children?
As a non-Brit, I am unsure of the line of succession.

Although as an American, I believe the Brits should take him back, along with his partner and children.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   
He didn't inhale.

He's safe to be Trumps running mate.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

This^^^^^^

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I hope he does and you keep the whinging sod. Honestly can’t stand the slimy idiot.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Why doesnt he just fly to Mexico and walk across...same thing

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
Oh, certainly. That's another reason why officially cutting him out would not be an urgent matter. More political trouble than it was worth.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Although as an American, I believe the Brits should take him back, along with his partner and children.

Sorry DTOM, you sent Piers Morgan back to us so now its your turn to get the #ty end of the stick....he stays with you guys.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

Actually, doesn't marrying a commoner eliminate him, ala Wallace Simpson?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeah, we keep wanting to send that skinny female singer back to Canada....and that hasn't worked very well.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 01:42 AM
link   
No, the problem with Wallace Simpson was that she was divorced, which was morally offensive to the public at the time. He could have got away with it legally, and the cabinet had to twist his arm to get him to abdicate. They may have used the argument that he would have been "acting against the advice of his ministers", which is unconstitutional. That doctrine certainly prevented him from making a public speech in defence of his intentions, which is what he wanted to do.

Our royals gave up trying to marry foreign royalty when the supply ran out. I think the last effort in that direction was the newspaper speculation which once tried to marry off Prince Charles to Princess Astrid of Luxemburg. In the end, they had to transfer their attentions to the British aristocracy. Hence Diana and Fergie and Kate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join