It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your racism is showing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well well, what do we have here. I thought Liberals were the champions of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.

I guess this is one of those "Yeah I'm all for it, But Not In MY Neighborhood".

See, the problem is, they're talking about combining 2 schools with one being mostly White and the other mostly Black and the parents at the White school are throwing a fit. Some are even saying they'll leave the area if this goes through.

www.foxnews.com...

Plan to blend predominantly Black and White DC schools leads to tense debate in liberal neighborhood

A plan to integrate two nearby Washington, D.C. schools with vastly different racial backgrounds is sparking fierce debate among parents in the predominantly liberal community.

The proposal has sparked in-person and online debate. Petitions for and against the plan have also cropped up, with typically liberal parents criticizing the impact integration could have on their child’s education journey,

Maury parents are concerned that the integration plan could bring down averages at a school that typically scores higher on standardized tests than Miner. Meanwhile, Miner parents are worried that the proposal could jeopardize programs that helped disadvantaged students, such as free eye exams and glasses.

Some Maury parents admitted that they would consider leaving the area if the plan goes through.

Tell me you're racist, without telling me you're racist.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

But their sports teams will be amazing!

Second racist line.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

But their sports teams will be amazing!

Second racist line.

Hey you, I just spit coffee on my IPad.

#facts

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Didn't realize it was the 60s again.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It happened to me when I was a kid in a different way. I started school in 1977 in Fort Worth Texas.
In Second grade they started a new program where we the white kids got bussed across the freeway into the predominantly black area. I had a knife pulled on me my 1st day of school. Later I got hit and my watch stole (a white thug), and me and my best friend got chased and threatened by groups of black kids at recess several times. Annnddd then we moved! Haha. Thanks mom and dad.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So I'm starting to see a pattern here. In DC, they're talking about integration like it's a bad thing.

Over in Illinois, they're talking about segregation as a good thing.

Both places are highly liberal. Both places are highly racist, by any educated glance.

Liberal left and Government; claiming to be the saviors of the problems they've created, since...... forever.

Illinois Link of Absolute Crazy

This year at Evanston Township High School, nearly 200 Black and Latino students signed up for core classes, like math and writing, within the program. Those students will attend classes with students of the same race.

I don't want to be on this planet anymore.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Oh my, awkward.

lol

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Seems Progressive Liberals have Long Term Memory Loss to ........

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Either the combined scores will bring the schools overall average down, or hopefully, it will encourage others to step up and start really achieving.

Here's the problem though. People are going to be people no matter the colors involved. Expect the usual disruptive behavior, fights and a high probability for gang/drug activities and the subsequent shootings that come with it.

Now, I can say this with absolute confidence that it's highly likely that'll be the situation at the school UNTIL the new arrivals who are used to doing pretty much whatever they want, figure out what they can and can't get away with in their new environment.

I know these "educators" are well aware of the implications but they won't say it plainly which is exactly what EVERYONE deserves to hear and discuss. This needs to be aired out.

It's not racist if the problem is widely observable and repetitive. It's actually a behavioral issue. All these kids deserve a chance, but at what point do you draw the line so others don't get sucked down with those flushing themselves?

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

There's only one way this can go wrong, and that's if the parents aren't doing their jobs.

That's right, I'm calling out the parents. Kids of any and every ethnic category are only going to continue emulating the culture they observe at home or in their residential locale, and bring it with them to school.

Nature vs nurture, this isn't a modern concept by any means.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Joe didn't want his kids being taught in a "racial jungle" either.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Yeah, he fought long and hard against desegregation. Funny how being crowned king of America woke him up and ended his life-long racism.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   

A famous politician said the D.C. Schools are a racial jungle.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They just need higher quality teachers all around. Teachers who are knowledgeable of cultures and the environments the students grow up in. I agree that Parents play a HUGE role in their students education. I can tell you first hand that when times at home were good, my grades were better. Not perfect, but better. I had more intrest in school when I was not concerned about the chaos at home. I think it is so important as a teacher to reach each student at their level and build relationships with them. Ultimately the right teacher can make a world of difference.

If the people are having issues with the school and where the students go, Get teachers who are exceptional, get students involved in before and after school improvements. Beautification or high intrest classes. Partner up with the community and bring resources to the school. Display the art. Motivate the student doing projects with high I trust to them. It will give the student ownership of the work. They will be more invested if they know outside audiences will see it and they will have to present to them. An Idea does not need a mountian of items. It needs to start with an idea. Then the real work starts. The teacher and students can work to bring the concept to life. Perseverance can happen. Not always.

My point is that both places can be successful no matter the demographic of student given the right teacher with the right training and expertise.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   

desegregation is a wonderful idea, as long as you don't try that with the privileged kids. NIMBY I believe is the proper term. Not In My Back Yard. Talking the Talk, but not able to Walk the Walk. I never would have thought I'd see this from a liberal.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   
In the south, along the “corridor of shame” most white kids go to private schools, most black kids go to public. Both sides by choice, however if your poor and white, we’ll…
edit on 16-2-2024 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

A racial jungle happens when kids are left with hip hop culture to teach them civic values. Cartels, guns and betches. They don't want education and responsibility because our media industry doesn't promote education and responsibility. In fact accountability has never been more in fashion than when men started wearing lipstick and high heels. Yet violence and drugs have never been more in fashion than when men started wearing lipstick and high heels. Obviously the math isn't adding up.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   
So, segregate to teach the new history of the US.
Non-white will be about the 1619 project and the changing of history to give credit to someone other than who really was involved.

Thomas Roosevelt Washington Jefferson wrote the declaration of anyone but white people independence from the white man mysoginistic British empire…or some other crap like that.

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   
People yell racist all they want but I'm smart enough to walk the other way when I see a group of black kids with earnings and snapback lmao

top topics

join