It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking, mass shooting in Kansas.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   
TonyMiike and Paul Contreras captured one suspect, his wife pulls the gun away as they tackle him.
Twitter video of local news

Here is Full video on Twitter

The general agreement on Twitter seems to be it was gangs shooting at each other. So this will probably disappear from news quick.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Missouri is a constitutional carry state, as long as you are legally able to own and posses a firearm you can carry it in certain places in public.

But, last I checked, Union Station, inside and out, is a "gun free zone".....

One would bet that the guns used in this instance were not obtained or carried legally.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The person killed was a local radio DJ. There are 22 confirmed injuries as well as 7 in Critical Condition.

This is America folks. You voted for it. You created it. You all hated mean tweets and now we have shootings on a daily basis.

It is not the guns. It is the entitlement given to a specific group of folks who know they will not be punished by a government who knelled to George Floyd.

Buy you own guns. Teach your kids to be prepared. We are entering the summer of 2020 again and we all remember that.

We are one felon shot dead of another summer of white hate.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Is a child anyone under 18? Sorry for being abrasive on this... We hardly get a real story without spin.

12 and under = child
13 to 17 = Teenager

18+ = adult

What I always thought anyway

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMisguidedAngel

12 and under = child
13 to 17 = Teenager

18+ = adult

What I always thought anyway

I agree, but not everyone follows that.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123

We need to do SOMETHING to stop this nonsense. I don't know the answer, but we could at least try some things to see if they make a difference. Otherwise, it's a lie when you say you care about your kids. You really don't.

I think the answer is fairly obvious (at least how to mitigate it a bit), but some people in the US don't want to give up their hobby since they prefer satisfying their desire for pleasure (thrills) over doing what God instructed them to do, and taught them along with that (for their own good). Of course, that doesn't mean that people can't start with the...

2 Timothy 3:1-5

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

That last thing is what God would like to see people do. Here's another one:

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare* [“We do not wage warfare.” Lit., “we are not doing military service.” ...; Lat., non . . . mi·li·ta'mus.] according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God;” (2 Cor 10:3-5)

“Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil; because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:11,12)

Note what's shown below from 4:10 - 4:30:

No need for anyone to point out that 'it's not practical or realistic, cause the bad people will take over the world if we did that, or that things would get worse.' Consider if the bad 'people' are already in control (Eph 6:11,12) and that it already can't get (much) worse (or that when it does get worse, that that might be a fulfilment of Bible prophecy, leading to Armageddon and then God's Kingdom, which will set all matters straight and fix all our problems; of course a bit hard to consider if you have been conditioned to treat Bible prophecies with contempt).

“Do not treat prophecies with contempt. Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine” (1 Thessalonians 5:20,21)

“But let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar.” (Romans 3:4)

“And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;” (Dan 2:44)

Revelation 21:3-5

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful* [Or “trustworthy.”] and true.”

They really are, but that's up to each person themselves to figure out (prove to themselves by the accumulation of evidence, it may take a while, cause there's a lot of pieces to the puzzle, and someone is using his entire system of things to interfere with that process, as well as discourage people from even trying to figure it out, as if it can't be done with any sort of certainty anyway, i.e. as if you can't make sure of it).

“And stop being molded by this system of things,* [ Or “this age.”] but be transformed by making your mind over, so that you may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” (Romans 12:2)

2 Corinthians 4:3-9

If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination* [Or “light.”] of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. 5 For we are preaching, not about ourselves, but about Jesus Christ as Lord and ourselves as your slaves for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God is the one who said: “Let the light shine out of darkness,” and he has shone on our hearts to illuminate them with the glorious knowledge of God by the face of Christ.

7 However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not from us. 8 We are hard-pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out;* [Or possibly, “but not left in despair.”] 9 we are persecuted, but not abandoned; we are knocked down, but not destroyed.

I found another one with illustrations, but since the Bible texts are in German, I'll quote them first (I already did Dan 2:44).

Eccl. 8:9 (written by King Solomon, mentioned in my signature, who asked God for divine wisdom, and got it)

All this I have seen, and there was an applying of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, [during] the time that man has dominated man to his injury.

Matthew 6:9,10

“You must pray, then, this way:

“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.

Psalm 83:18 (KJV)

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

(NW; Study edition)

May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah,

You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

edit on 16-2-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I would venture to say that 99%, maybe even more, of the people that commit atrocities such as this are not very religious.....

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Revelation 21:3-5

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful* [Or “trustworthy.”] and true.”

Got one for that one too:

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

“No Part of the World” (2012)

“No Part of the World”

“The world has hated them, because they are no part of the world.”​—JOHN 17:14.

What It Means: Being no part of the world, Jesus was neutral in the social and political conflicts of the day. “If my kingdom were part of this world,” he explained, “my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.” (John 18:36) He also urged his followers to shun attitudes, speech, and conduct condemned in God’s Word.​—Matthew 20:25-27.

How Early Christians Measured Up: According to religion writer Jonathan Dymond, the early Christians “refused to engage in [war]; whatever were the consequences, whether reproach, or imprisonment, or death.” They chose to suffer rather than compromise their neutral stand. Their moral code also set them apart. Christians were told: “Because you do not continue running with them in this course to the same low sink of debauchery, they are puzzled and go on speaking abusively of you.” (1 Peter 4:4) Historian Will Durant wrote that Christians “were troubling the pleasure-mad pagan world with their piety and their decency.”

[whereislogic: "conscientious objection" is the legal term for refusing military service based on one's conscience, remember my quotation of: "we are not doing military service" pointed out by Paul at 2 Cor 10:3-5 quoted in my previous comment, the one you were responding to? Also: “However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron.”(1 Timothy 4:1,2). That means it's numb, one no longer feels the feelings one's conscience is telling one to feel. Their heart has been corrupted, usually by pro-military propaganda or nationalism (see the 3rd and 4th videos in my comment for details). Among many other things that "the ruler of this world" (John 12:31;14:30) is promoting that is causing what the Bible described as "the spirit of the world". Partly described at 2 Timothy 3:1-5 quoted before.]

Who Fit the Pattern Today? Regarding Christian neutrality, the New Catholic Encyclopedia asserts: “Conscientious objection is morally indefensible.” An article in the Reformierte Presse states that a report by African Rights, a human rights organization, on the 1994 Rwandan genocide established the participation of all churches, “with the exception of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

Concerning Babylon the Great/all false religion, Revelation 18:24 says: “Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

Part 21​—1900 onward—​Skirts Splattered With Blood (Religion’s Future in View of It’s Past)

Human Sacrifices to a False God

Since 1914, two world wars and over a hundred smaller conflicts have spilled an ocean of blood. A century ago, French writer Guy de Maupassant said that “the egg from which wars are hatched” is patriotism, which he called “a kind of religion.” In fact, The Encyclopedia of Religion says that patriotism’s cousin, nationalism, “has become a dominant form of religion in the modern world, preempting a void left by the deterioration of traditional religious values.” (Italics ours.) By failing to promote true worship, false religion created the spiritual vacuum into which nationalism was able to pour.

Nowhere was this better illustrated than in Nazi Germany, whose citizens at the beginning of World War II claimed to be 94.4 percent Christian. Of all places, Germany​—birthplace of Protestantism and praised in 1914 by Pope Pius X as home of “the best Catholics in the world”—​should have represented the very best that Christendom had to offer.

Significantly, Catholic Adolf Hitler found readier support among Protestants than among Catholics. Predominantly Protestant districts gave him 20 percent of their votes in the 1930 elections, Catholic districts only 14 percent. And the first absolute majority for the Nazi Party in state elections was in 1932 in Oldenburg, a district 75 percent Protestant.

Apparently, the “void left by the deterioration of traditional religious values” was greater in Protestantism than in Catholicism. Understandably so. Liberalized theology and higher criticism of the Bible were mainly the product of German-speaking Protestant theologians.

Equally significant is what finally solidified lagging Catholic support behind Hitler. German historian Klaus Scholder explains that “by tradition German Catholicism had especially close ties with Rome.” Seeing in Nazism a bulwark against Communism, the Vatican was not averse to using its influence to strengthen Hitler’s hand. “Fundamental decisions shifted more and more to the Curia,” says Scholder, “and in fact Catholicism’s status and future in the Third Reich was finally decided almost solely in Rome.” [whereislogic: there's a lot more to it concerning Catholic influence to strengthen the hand of the Nazis in Germany, and secure their hold over the people, but I just don't have the space, but it involves several Concordats with fascist leaders in Spain, Italy and of course Germany. More info: The Infamous Harlot—Her Destruction. And that article covers only the tip of the iceberg. They've been busy in what is now called Croatia as well.]

The part Christendom played in both world wars led to a severe loss of prestige. As the Concise Dictionary of the Christian World Mission explains: “Non-Christians had before their eyes . . . the evident fact that nations with a thousand years of Christian teaching behind them had failed to control their passions and had set the whole world ablaze for the satisfaction of less than admirable ambitions.”

Of course, religiously motivated wars are nothing new. But in contrast with the past when nations of different religions warred with one another, the 20th century has increasingly found nations of the same religion locked in bitter conflict. The god of nationalism has clearly been able to manipulate the gods of religion. Thus, during World War II, while Catholics and Protestants in Great Britain and the United States were killing Catholics and Protestants in Italy and Germany, Buddhists in Japan were doing the same to their Buddhist brothers in southeast Asia.

Nevertheless, in view of its own bloodstained clothing, Christendom cannot self-righteously shake its finger at others. By advocating, supporting, and at times electing imperfect human governments, professed Christians and non-Christians alike must share responsibility for the blood these governments have shed.

But what kind of religion would put government above God and offer its own members as political sacrifices on the altar of the god of war?

Good question... the answer is obvious:

Context (playlist):

(False) Religion is a Snare and a Racket

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

None of this really has anything to do with the topic at hand.

Also, still does not change the fact that people who commit these acts are not the religious type and don't care to read about what they are doing wrong.

People of this sort are going to continue killing other people for no reason other than that they disagree with them or are simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

None of this really has anything to do with the topic at hand.

There's nothing that is more relevant (pardon the hyperbole). Let's just hope not everyone agrees with your claim, especially not those with the power to remove such vital information.

I can't help it that you don't wanna hear it. Which was obvious from your first comment being made before you had a chance to look at the crucial videos (the 3rd and 4th that I just mentioned in my reply to you as well, for other people who may want to see, without "looking in vain").

Matthew 13:3-23

Then he [Jesus] told them many things by illustrations, saying: “Look! A sower went out to sow. 4 As he was sowing, some seeds fell alongside the road, and the birds came and ate them up. 5 Others fell on rocky ground where there was not much soil, and they immediately sprang up because the soil was not deep. 6 But when the sun rose, they were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. 7 Others fell among the thorns, and the thorns came up and choked them. 8 Still others fell on the fine soil, and they began to yield fruit, this one 100 times more, that one 60, the other 30. 9 Let the one who has ears listen.”

10 So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11 In reply he said: “To you it is granted* [Or “You have been allowed (permitted).”] to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted. 12 For whoever has, more will be given him, and he will be made to abound; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 13 That is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations; for looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, nor do they get the sense of it. 14 And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see. 15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive,* [Lit., “was made thick (fat).”] and with their ears they have heard without response,* [Or “heard unwillingly.”] and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’

16 “However, happy are your eyes because they see and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I say to you, many prophets and righteous men desired to see the things you are observing but did not see them, and to hear the things you are hearing but did not hear them.

18 “Now listen to the illustration of the man who sowed. 19 Where anyone hears the word of the Kingdom but does not get the sense of it, the wicked one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart; this is the one sown alongside the road. 20 As for the one sown on rocky ground, this is the one hearing the word and at once accepting it with joy. 21 Yet, he has no root in himself but continues for a time, and after tribulation or persecution has arisen on account of the word, he is at once stumbled. 22 As for the one sown among the thorns, this is the one hearing the word, but the anxiety of this system of things and the deceptive power of riches* [Or “the seductiveness (deceptive pleasure) of being wealthy.”] choke the word, and it* [Or possibly, “he,” that is, “the one hearing the word.”] becomes unfruitful. 23 As for the one sown upon the fine soil, this is the one hearing the word and getting the sense of it, who really does bear fruit and produces, this one 100 times more, that one 60, the other 30.”

Nevertheless, it remains a falsehood/lie to claim that it's a "fact that people who commit these acts are not the religious type". It happens over and over (acts of violence, including senseless violence, including mass shootings or shootings as a result of an argument that gets out of hand with innocent bystanders getting hurt as well). Mind you, the term "religious type" includes adherents of:

Islam ('nuff said)
Scientism (and its accompanying evolutionary dogma, other types of pseudoscience and philosophy marketed under the marketingbanner "Science", philosophical naturalism, the philosophy of relativism & agnosticism, the 2 go hand in hand, South Park's Agnostic Code describes it fairly well, and shows the conditioning associated with it; I don't expect many people here to know what the philosophy of relativism is, so for those interested, check out: “What Is Truth?”)
Hinduism (they like to burn muslims for merely being suspected of transporting beef)
Buddhism (think of the nationlistic Buddhist monks in Myanmar, getting those Buddhists in the military are riled up against the Rohingya people, definitely not a religion of peace, and neither is Jainism with their suppport of the military and pro-military propaganda at Jain University in India; saw a recruitment video from that university that felt much akin to some of the scenes I saw in the movie Starship Troopers)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

What I stated is true, this is about thugs who decided to have a shootout during a celebration, not about lack of religion. If they had an ounce of spirituality in them they would not have been there to begin with.

These people don't follow laws, what makes you think they are going to think about scripture before they act?

But, I have said all I need to say on this, don't really need to sit here and be touted scripture to all day long for no reason.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

What I stated is true, this is about thugs who decided to have a shootout during a celebration, not about lack of religion. If they had an ounce of spirituality in them they would not have been there to begin with.

These people don't follow laws, what makes you think they are going to think about scripture before they act?

But, I have said all I need to say on this, don't really need to sit here and be touted scripture to all day long for no reason.

Greetings PorkChop. I just happened to wonder in here and see this last comment of yours. I don't mean to intrude here, but wanted to bring one thing out to you that I see you misinterpreting here. And that is the difference between being religious and being spiritual. You are quite correct in your statement that if they were spiritual they wouldn't have been there to begin with. But you seem to confuse the two. For religious people are often at the root of violence and evil. In fact even in the Bible most the evil being committed is by religious people. Just look at the religious leaders of the Jews that persecuted and eventually had Jesus Christ murdered, and then started to persecute and murder his followers (for example Stephen.)

Just wanted to point this out. I think whereislogic is referring to religious people who have no spirituality. You seem to confuse that if you are religious you are a spiritual person. The two are quite distinct. And Jesus said you can tell the difference by the fruit, or the works, that the religious person, or the religion itself produces, as to whether they are spiritual or not.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

What I stated is true, this is about thugs who decided to have a shootout during a celebration, not about lack of religion.

Yet you made a point that people who do this sort of thing are not the religious types, i.e. have a lack of religion. That is simply not true, as I have elaborated on. Where is this truth you speak of in your comment? A half-truth? That they're thugs? That they're not interested in what the Scripture has to say about it? Yeah, that much is obvious from my commentary as well. So why do you say this:

I don't think that. What in my commentary gave you the impression that I think that, and that I can answer that leading question directly before correcting it? Are you going to answer any of my questions? Maybe just one? That is what is done in a reasonable 2-way conversation with mutual respect.

Oh, I guess that's a no then to my last 2 questions. But your feelings on the matter were clear from the start (your first response to me), so why point it out and specifically phrase it like that?

Is it because you wanted other people to see my commentary the way you phrased it as "be touted scripture to all day long for no reason"? Pushing that particular button to trigger what's described at 2 Timothy 4:3,4:

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.”

Have at it, I still enjoyed responding to you. Allowed me to clarify a few more things for those whose 'hearts have not grown unreceptive' (Matthew 13:15), who are not 'dull in their hearing' (Heb 5:11) and who will put up with beneficial teaching (from God and his word, the Bible). Those who do not 'look in vain' or 'hear in vain' and who can 'get the sense of it' (Matthew 13:13). All quoted before in their context. You never know when one of those might show up (or might already be here, I can't tell, only God can, and he'll help them see and get the sense of it by means of his holy spirit, his active force with which he accomplishes his holy will, if they allow it).

Coming back to your description "for no reason". Make no mistake ("do not be misled" Gal. 6:7-10), I have a very good reason for quoting Scripture concerning the topic of this thread (the event). It's more elaborated on in my own thread about "Mother of Michigan Gunman Found Guilty of Manslaughter", which also concerns the topic of gun ownership in the US, and the thrill-seeking hobby of shooting guns (most often at cans or target papers, still don't know how those are called), until... someone gets other ideas as to how to satisfy the desire for that particular thrill (pleasure). Feeling more powerful (or cool, heroic, noble, able to protect family and the community, or appearing as such to others, which is tied to the topic of vanity and pride as discussed in the Bible) is also involved in the desire for gun ownership and target practice. In Texas, many people want to be a good tough Texan that one doens't mess with, so one can be part of that group and seen the same way. Such a Texan commented in my thread so that's why I had to think about that. That particular button was also pushed in the movie Hell or High Water, for those familiar with that movie. Definitely a pro-gun ownership (and how to properly handle them) movie.

From my thread (so the remark I added below pertains to things I said in that thread, where I used the same article):

Violent Crime—What Is Happening? (Awake!—2003)

FRANK and Gabriella strolled along the Oregon, U.S.A., seashore in the early morning hours, watching the sunrise. They had no inkling of what was about to happen. Minutes later, they were both dead, shot in the head at close range. Was it vengeance? Or jealousy? Neither. The gunman, a stranger, fulfilled a fantasy​—he wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. [whereislogic: remember my remark earlier in this thread concerning the topic of shooting as a hobby and family quality time? "I'm sure it's quite the thrill." It's on this page, just below the video about "Target shooting" against those evil soda cans. A real threat those cans.]

“On Sunday 28th April 1996 Martin Bryant won the attention of the Western world by having the time of his life. Shooting everyone he met as he wandered through Port Arthur, Tasmania, he achieved a wonderful thrill of exultation and power.” (A Study of Our Decline, by Philip Atkinson) He also caused the deaths of 35 people!

Why So Many Violent Crimes Now? (Awake!—2003)

Why Do They Do It?

There is no one factor that explains all the varied acts of senseless violence. What makes some crimes more difficult to understand is their irrational nature. For example, it is hard to comprehend why a person would walk up to total strangers and stab them to death or why someone would drive by a house and shoot at random.

Some claim that violence is inherent in people. Others argue that senseless crimes cannot be explained as an unavoidable part of human nature.​—See the box “Doomed to Violence?”

Let's go there right now, cause here is where evolutionary mythology and lies by evolutionary propagandists comes into the picture as well (I think I already addressed it in this thread, but I'm not sure).

Definitely didn't address it in this thread yet.

DOOMED TO VIOLENCE?

Some argue that the propensity for violence or killing has always been inborn in humans. Supporters of evolution maintain that we come from wild animals and have simply inherited their violent characteristics. Such theories would leave us doomed to an endless cycle of violence from which there is no hope of escape.

However, there is much evidence to the contrary. The theories mentioned above do not explain why in different cultures there are wide variations in frequency and types of violence. They do not indicate why in some cultures responding with violence seems to be the norm, whereas other societies report very little violence, with murder almost nil. Psychoanalyst Erich Fromm exposed cracks in the theory that we inherit aggression from primates by pointing out that although some of them are violent as a result of physical needs or for self-protection, humans are the only ones who have been known to kill for the sheer thrill of killing.

In their book The Will to Kill​—Making Sense of Senseless Murder, Professors James Alan Fox and Jack Levin state: “Some individuals are more prone to violence than others, yet free will still exists. The will to kill, though governed by numerous internal and external forces, still includes choice and human decision making, and thus accountability and culpability.”

I guess that's enough for now. You can read about topics such as below in the same article, or in my previously mentioned thread:

Easy Access to Destructive Weapons

All part of the 'why' question raised earlier (also in different forms one can ask the 'why' question, like 'why does this keep happening in the US?', mass shootings that is, or senseless violence, or violent crimes in general, all 3 obviously not limited to the US, but I did see a statistic that stated that last year there were 2 mass shootings per day in the US, counting any shooting with 4 or more dead or wounded as a mass shooting; seems a lot doesn't it? I wonder how it compares to the statistics of other countries, in particular those with more stringent gun laws. The article mentions: "One report shows that there were only 32 gun murders in Japan in 1995, most involving gangsters killed by other gangsters. In contrast, the United States had more than 15,000 gun murders. Why the difference? Japan’s stringent gun ownership laws have been cited by some as a reason.").

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   
A rhetorical question is not a leading question.(or let's say it doesn't need to be, of course if someone wants to phrase a rhetorical question as a leading question they're both)

Thought I'd head that one off early. (or close that door early) Perhaps it wasnt necessary, but just in case someone was thinking it (that it's the same type of question, that there is never a difference, regardless how it's phrased).

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   

... Allowed me to clarify a few more things for those whose 'hearts have not grown unreceptive' (Matthew 13:15), who are not 'dull in their hearing' (Heb 5:11) and who will put up with beneficial teaching (from God and his word, the Bible). Those who do not 'look in vain' or 'hear in vain' and who can 'get the sense of it' (Matthew 13:13). All quoted before in their context. ...

I really thought I had already quoted Heb 5:11-14 in this thread but apparently I hadn't. Anyway...

“Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” “We have much to say about him, and it is difficult to explain, because you have become dull in your hearing. For although by now* [Lit., “in view of the time.”] you should be teachers, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God, and you have gone back to needing milk, not solid food. For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment* [Or “their perceptive powers.”] trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” (Col 2:8; Hebrews 5:11-14)

Ah, it was my comment in this thread I was confused with.

If anyone feels like I'm talking too much, or that my comments are too long, I'm sorry, I really can't help it, check out how Jeremiah felt as described below, I feel the same way about it:

At one point in his career, Jeremiah the prophet of God said, “I became an object of laughter all day long; everyone is holding me in derision.” Momentarily he weakened and considered stopping his prophetic work because of the unceasing reproach and jeering. But he recognized that it was “for the word of Jehovah” that the derision came, and God’s word in his heart proved to be like a burning fire that he could not endure to hold in. For his faithfulness Jehovah was with him “like a terrible mighty one,” and Jeremiah was strengthened to keep on loyally.​—Jer 20:7-11.

Source: Ridicule (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2)

Not that I'm too concerned with my own justification rather than God’s. That's not why I shared that feeling. So, as Paul said, "I wish you would put up with me in a little unreasonableness." (2 Cor 11:1) And "Let no one think I am unreasonable. But even if you do, then accept me as an unreasonable person, so that I too may boast a little." (verse 16) Cause I do realize it's a bit much all at once.

I may also leave this site soon, and then I will not likely return (don't really know my heart all that well, so I can't really predict what I'll do all that well either). So that would make these my final comments if that happens.

The expression "dull in your hearing" at Heb. 5:11, is important concerning any discussion about gun ownership laws in the US in relation to the topic of mass shootings. Hence, in my eyes, on topic. Many people on ATS have become 'dull in their hearing' regarding any argument or point that does not originate from pro-gun (and the connected pro-military) propaganda, but is in accordance with the teachings of Christ and about Christ (as said there in the context, Heb. 5:11-14). The difference between "right" and "wrong" (morally speaking now, and again, as Christ taught). The things I said about nationalism, the Kingdom of God, not doing military service, "the spirit of the world", "light in a darkened world", it's all connected (it becomes clearer if you've seen the 3rd and 4th video in my first comment). The video below elaborates on the spirit of the world (which is what is causing these mass shootings and other violent crimes, people being gun crazy, war, support of the military, support of war policies and profiteering, and accompanying propagandistic arguments that are repeated many times, etc.):

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I would venture to say that 99%, maybe even more, of the people that commit atrocities such as this are not very religious.....

I would say do not have a belief in their religion even if they say they follow one. If they had belief they would be more concerns with their actions.
edit on x29Fri, 16 Feb 2024 12:48:03 -0600202446America/ChicagoFri, 16 Feb 2024 12:48:03 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I love your enthusiasm, but your posts are too damn long...lol

I'm saying this because you put so much effort into them while most here don't really care. I would say focus more on your points than do a sermon. You might have some interesting points in your posts but I just do not want to read through it all finding them.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Funny, I was just adding some remarks about that with my last edit. Before I read your comment (possibly also before you made your comment). I like to read back my comment by putting myself in the shoes of a potential reader on ATS, and then make edits concerning what I think they may be thinking of when confronted (or reading) my comments. Guess I made a good guess there concerning what you were thinking (or might be thinking, I also think you're not the only one who feels that way).

But no problem, plenty of time to waste on other comments if mine are too long.
There were already 4 pages of comments before I made my first, I'm sure it'll take longer to read through those than my first comment (+ the videos), perhaps even all my comments and videos. And otherwise there are other threads to fill your time. Or you can make your own, which often takes longer than reading as well (depending on their quantity and total length if counted together; all 41,352 of them for example
).

Just joking a bit, while still making a point. I can't always be as succinct as Bob Marley, depending on the subject.

I think I'm done for today though, and like I said, perhaps even done for good (on ATS). Or soon, I don't know. Almost 6000 comments is enough time-wasting. Don't think I want to cross that barrier (maybe 7000, because of the meaning of the number 7 in the Bible compared to 6; I'd hate to end on 6666
).

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Funny, I was just adding some remarks about that with my last edit. Before I read your comment (possibly also before you made your comment).

I would want you to stop, just not put so much effort into each post. Get your thoughts down and relax. I can't imagine after 6000 posts like you do would wear anyone out. That is why a post like mine here gets a good point out and does not take me 45 minutes to make in the effort needed.

Cheers

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join