It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you rig a football game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: whyamIhere

twitter.com...

That post is so wild, I can't believe it's real. Does the White House social media person even know the laser-eyes are used by Bitcoin maximalists?

Of course I saw Obama, Hillary, and many other posterchild democrats posting their support of the Chiefs and Taylor Swift (likely as a jab at the right, who are critical of both of them for being big pharma and leftist tribalists)

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The 2002 Superbowl was rigged in favor of the Patriots as a PR stunt after 9/11 in order to keep patriotism high.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The majic words? Patrick Mahomes.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Doesn't need to be rigged, they just rig everything else so it does it's job at distracting a large portion of Americans from putting to much thought into how the federal government is f***ing them over on the daily.

Directions:
"Stand for the anthem, wear this jersey, watch this half-time show, drink this beer!"

*derp*
"Okay!"
Rinse and repeat.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
There is no way to rig an NFL game.

It would be to obvious.

Besides, two people can’t keep their mouths shut.

Let alone a 150 people.

I thought this post was very amusing, considering like 80% of the conspiracies on this board involve like 100 people running the entire world and they are always up to no good, but everyone else in the world is clueless. The COVID conspiracy for example.

But I agree with you and that's why I don't buy into most conspiracies.......2 people can't keep their mouth shut, let hundreds....lol

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, first, i'd set the spread.

49ers -2

Actually, that's pretty much all the proof you need.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   

co-ed,.... nekked....... in the mud..

or

just like wrestling,
lots of bad ref calls
throw a pass, guy runs for td,
someone distracts ref, team gangpiles runner
defence runs for td..

distract ref, and...
the team "jumps in" the opponents qb

have all the teammembers growl at each other to intimidate
each other for 2 minutes each (pre recorded) instead of halftime shows

have the cheerleaders play football at halftime?

have the crowd watch REAL sports (TAG, chess, ribbon dancing)
on bigscreen at halftime
since football is classified as ENTERTAINMENT

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I love it. We're on a conspiracy website with threads going back decades about "impossible" conspiracies that turned out to be true and we have people saying there's no way to rig a Superbowl game.

How though?

How would one begin to do this.

Help me out here.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
There is no rigging here except those who paid for tickets to support the millionaires of the half time show.

Doesn't matter who wins or loses...we all know the artists and elites behind the scenes are making bank

There are plenty of people in the industry known as the NFL that work behind the scenes as support personnel that are also making bank. I'm one of them. Proud union media geek.....

Sports in America is big business!!!!!

www.forbes.com...

not to mention the gaming industry that also makes bank on the fans wagering on sports....

www.economist.com...

blood and circus for the plebes....
edit on 12-2-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

A player could do something to rig a game like miss a tackle, drop a pass, miss a kick..etc.
Not likely a player would do that though because their next contract depends on performance.

A ref could make some bad calls but after a few they would be fired.

I would love a reporter to ask a player about throwing a game.. probably get bitch slapped..😂

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I love it. We're on a conspiracy website with threads going back decades about "impossible" conspiracies that turned out to be true and we have people saying there's no way to rig a Superbowl game.

How though?

Help me out here.

Honestly, I've never given it much thought. I quit watching pro sports a long time ago, but didn't a pro player come out and say pro football is scripted?...... Arian Foster? I think he's the one that said it.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

One guy did say it a half jest...or did he?

I merely think it would be a fun exercise to see how folks would do it if they could.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   

How though?

Help me out here.

Sometimes, for me, it helps to look at these kind of ideas, from a different angle.
So : let's say that the how, is not obvious.

Let's look at the what.
Most of the top pro leagues, and teams, around the world, are registered corporations.
The obligation of a corpo, is to do whatever it takes, to generate the maximum profit for it's shareholders.
The owners are billionaire businessmen, who may love the sport, but sure as heck love money.
The team-owners, and governors, choose who is to be league president. He works for them.
The big leagues are all now " partners ", with the billion-dollar betting firms.
The refs work for the league, therefore for the billionaire team-owners.

Not sure about the actual amounts, but my senses tell me that the amount bet on each game, is superior to the actual salaries, and cost of putting-on that game.

So for a group interested primarily in money : do they let the games play-out themselves, or might they label themselves "Entertainment ", and play-up the drama, to put-on a good-show, to earn maximum profits ?

Because the how, might be some kind of magic, that we don't see.

Then the why : seems to be self-explanatory, well, maybe ... LoL !!

Like in the old Bugs-a-Bunny cartoon : " I don't know how yaz done-it, but I know yaz done-it ! " LoL !!

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

I mean, sure. We could spend hours and pages describing the who and what benefits rigging game and construct a very solid and varied set of motivations.

Yet the how, is what i'm interested in. Even just hypothesis.

Even if its magic.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Why does someone need to explain this to you?

How did FIFA rig games? FIFA is the most watched sport in the world, and they had no problem rigging games.

Why is Pete Rose banned from the Hall of Fame?

Welcome to ATS, I guess.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
SPAMMER

edit on 4/26/2024 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join