It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Portraits - Amazing New Photos of Saturn's Moons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
NASA's Cassini may be gone but its extensive catalogue of photographs remain many of them not seen , like these stunning family groups of Saturn's Moons.

From front to back Janus, Pandora, Enceladus, Mimas to the left and Rhea snuggling within the ring band pose for the camera.

My favourite shows big boy Titan with its sibling Dione in front , to the right just outside the ring lurks Pandora.

What a lovely bunch , Saturn should be proud.

Near-Saturnian space is crowded with moons. We've found 156 to date; a population that has made for some strikingly dramatic photos from the Cassini probe that studied Saturn and its satellites from 2004 to 2017.

Although Cassini plunged into Saturn's tempestuous atmosphere some years ago now, it left behind an extensive catalog of photographs. Some of the most beautiful are those that barely include the planet Saturn, if it's seen at all, highlighting instead the rings that circle its equator, and the moons nearby.

If you didn't know you were looking at an actual photograph beamed from a position more than a billion kilometers from Earth, you might think you were looking at works of science fiction.
www.sciencealert.com...

Cassini Gallery Here
edit on 11-2-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Finally some cool stuff.

They look so great.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wicked. Thanks as usual Gortex.

I remember using some of these actual texture and bump maps from the Cassini mission to create 3D models and then renders of them to share in 2009.

Yes, I'm blowing my own trumpet, but why not... lol

Enjoy...

TETHYS
REAH
PHOEBE
MIMAS
JANUS
IAPETAS
HYPERION
ENCELADUS
DIONE
edit on 11/2/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/2/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   

As the twin Viking missions of the late 1970's proved that Phobos and Deimos of Mars are artificially placed by their dynamics and physical evidences, so we should wonder about other satellites in the system, their placements and other details. I know, some of people in ATS are finally and begrudgingly accepting that ETs are here. No. They never really left.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There are a lot of great images from Saturn as moons in the raw archive and I'm going to try and take some photo reels and color them with no strange things attached into a video if possible in the near future

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Amazing south pole infrared images for Enceladus.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

join