It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: The EU have surrendered to the farmers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I never liked the French. Maybe it's the French Canadians I actually dislike. After this protest, I like the French now and see that they have a great sense of humor, at least their farmers do. Certainly, it was a creative and effective use of manure that produced results.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What is sad here is that the EU farmers use of more hazardous pesticides is on the rise. The Euopean Commission tried to halve the pesticide use and this was one of the issues the farmers protested against. I suppose the pest management strategies don't work? No Plan B or C?

Member States are encouraged to keep ensuring that chemical pesticides are only used as a last resort, in non-agricultural settings as well as on farms. as foreseen under the Farm to Fork strategy. By consistently applying the principles of integrated pest management (IPM), farmers can reduce their reliance on chemical pesticides without jeopardising the profitability of their enterprises.

food.ec.europa.eu...

Farm to Fork strategies:

food.ec.europa.eu...

This might be an unsolvable problem for industralized farming.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If the organic farms the elites get their food from were all gone they stop trying to manipulate how the farmers feed the rest of the planet. Draconian legislation is only possible when it doesn't affect those who create it. Go farmers! Spray manure until they get the picture then spray some more in their faces. It would be an improvement.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It just hit me this is yet another expression of the age old competition between nomadic herding societies and those with an agricultural base. The nomads had a "rape the land and move on" philosophy which still holds today. The NWO thinks like nomads.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

The biggest issue is that Europe for the most part is not sustainable in the long run for large scale farming. By the mid 1800s the 'organic' methods of fertilization weren't working very well, the soil was becoming barren. So, Europeans as they traditionally did, went elsewhere to find a source of fertilizer, and they found mountains of it a while before, guano.

Well, that got used up quickly, and then 'artificial' fertilizer was invented, but along with long term farming and keeping natural habitats filled with freakishly unnatural foods came pests of course that just evolve around the not so evolving foods that can't naturally deter pests.

It's a sticky situation.
edit on 8-2-2024 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

This right here is why the Western media tries it's best to stay silent on matters like this.

If word got out that people could actually *audible gasp* actually get together and accomplish something, the elite and politicians would unravel.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness
a reply to: pianopraze

Great news, but sadly I remain cynical. I do not trust the 1%ers at all. They will place another head on the snake and try again .

You're correct. Like the movie character, "they'll be back", and more fanatical than ever. These protests were just one skirmish between ordinary people and the, eh, "elites" running the EU.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: quintessentone

The biggest issue is that Europe for the most part is not sustainable in the long run for large scale farming. By the mid 1800s the 'organic' methods of fertilization weren't working very well, the soil was becoming barren. So, Europeans as they traditionally did, went elsewhere to find a source of fertilizer, and they found mountains of it a while before, guano.

Well, that got used up quickly, and then 'artificial' fertilizer was invented, but along with long term farming and keeping natural habitats filled with freakishly unnatural foods came pests of course that just evolve around the not so evolving foods that can't naturally deter pests.

It's a sticky situation.

It's just an unhealthy situation because the farmers are increasing their use of hazardous chemicals and there are no other strategies to try. Unless they do go for smaller farms where back to natural farming methods work, vertical farming etc.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 2/8/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join