It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: The EU have surrendered to the farmers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hell yeah!

BREAKING: The EU have surrendered to the farmers
1. Dropping its 30% reduction target on emissions from farming
2. Reversing unrealistic pesticide quotas
3. Allowing more land for agricultural use
4. Agreeing to stop telling EU citizens to eat less meat

Twitter

Haven’t read the fine print yet. I’m sure they will try to throw some fu's in there.
sauce

Still,

Great news!

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 09:04 PM
link   
About time... I guess they realized farmers are important. Plus they have a lot of crap they can put everywhere.

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yep!

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear this OP. The farmers have a hard enough life, they should not be persecuted for supplying food for their countrymen....or should I say countrythey nowadays.

The EU has no clue about reality on a subject like this. They think farmers can just raise prices or cut corners to save money like a wasteful business can. Farmers are usually pretty efficient or they are out of business. Equipment and fuels are really high. An electric tractor would need to be charged every couple of hours on their machinery, it would be really hard to switch everything over to battery power. I would bet the majority of citizens in all countries of the EU would vote to leave the EU before they drove farmers out of business. I think they need to replace the leaders of the EU who do not show common sense...half of them is my estimate.

People need food, take away meats and they will have to graze like a horse which means more farmland will be utilized to grow our food, and more water and fertilizers and pesticides will be used. Think of it this way, you do not need to put pesticides on grazing land for cows, and you do not have to fertilize them nearly as much, the cow poops out fertilizer.

We need people with common sense overseeing the climate change agenda, not a bunch of idiots who only see what they believe is real. If you want to lessen climate change, people need to stop the wasting of food. People waste lots of food, we are spoiled...especially here in America. Perishable foods should be bought to properly match consumption. Tossing out food is not good for the environment, and recycling food waste is not as beneficial as making sure to not waste it.

Same with recycling, it takes lots of water to thoroughly rinse out cans and jars for recycling. Much of the plastic generated in our country winds up in the dump, not many places recycle the thin plastic bags, and washing plastic bags out to recycle is worse for the environment than the savings it promotes. I remember when all soda pop and beer bottles were recycled, sent back to the factories, cleaned and refilled and a new cap put on them...now the glass bottles there are is just sent to the furnaces....that is not recycling right, reusing the bottle was much better. Now they go into a big machine and get smashed into glass. Also, even new bottles need to be cleaned before filling, not much difference in water at all.

Everything is a mess, yet they do not address the items that are most important...they push new refrigerators that last a short time and the old time fridges lasted twenty five years. The old round refrigerators cost little to run, but you had to defrost the freezers once a year...They were thickly insulated and there was no defrost cycle including a heating element. Another thing, fridges give off heat when they cool, that heat helps to heat the house in cold weather. and those incandescent bulbs...it may not be efficient for light, but it is efficient in helping heat a house in the cold weather. Better to have those light bulbs than to have a secondary space heater. In the summer lights aren't needed so much because the nights are shorter in the north...we only have one on in the dining room most times when eating or reading in the summer. Of course, you do need light in the kitchen when cutting and cooking in the summer, so there the LED lights might be better.

But the people who run these environmental programs seem to lack intuition or common sense much of the time....LED lights are hard on the eyes...that is why our dining room lights where we read have incandescent lights in them. The little savings from LED lamps is not going to come close to cover eye care and blindness in older people that LED lights cause. What good is having a nice forest or field to look at if you cannot see it.
edit on 7-2-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Good for the farmers , those guys work their a$$ off 7 days a week.

It’s amazing how out of touch the government is with the people. It’s happening all over the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   
logic over politics is the real lesson here.
I hope it catches on.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Great news, but sadly I remain cynical. I do not trust the 1%ers at all. They will place another head on the snake and try again .

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There's no man-made 'climate change'. Normal earth cycles in weather. But fear sells and ultimate control of the 99% is the only reason. I believe in the 70s we were told we were heading towards a new ice age. Yeah.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Mostly peaceful protests...

The second my ass, Manure is more effective than bullets!

Eat that NRA...

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

Ya sure about that?
I'm no expert but I do believe we are contributing to the speed at which the climate normally would go through its cycles.
But again I am no expert but I am pretty sure dogs and cats aren't pumping oil and burning petrol on the daily. Nor are they mining materials that are all kinds of not good.
Just sayin is all

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Re: LED lights. We have 2 light fixtures in our master bathroom. They both had regular bulbs and then one burnt out. My husband got LED bulbs because that was all he could find and WOW. I dont even turn that light on anymore because the light is so harsh and white. Reminds me of fluorescent light and I dislike it. Legit when you turn this light on it is like a tractor beam from a UFO. I'm not looking forward to any other bulbs burning out if we have to use these LED monstrosities.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 06:32 AM
link   
While this all sounds good to the masses I`ll bet it will have the same effect as when Chicago declared a cease fire in the Gaza strip. Not even a peep out of the propaganda outlets in the States.

The war continues....

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Great stuff! The EU have bowed down under extreme pressure from the farmers, what I’ve always wondered is who exactly was pressuring them to push their ridiculous policies in the first place? Surely not Greta Thunberg?

I am all for protecting the environment, but they have gone about it entirely the wrong way. They want to re-wild areas for example but don’t realise invasive species will just take over, making those areas actually have less diversity of plants and wildlife.

Others talk of growing vegetables instead of grazing sheep/cows with obviously no idea that much of the land grazed is in no way suitable for growing vegetables. Only hardy grass which the animals graze will grow well in these areas. And the animals in turn fertilise it with their piss and poo. If only they had consulted the farmers with their real hands on experience in the first place, they would have realised this.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Lets STOP spending money on Large Hadron Colliders.
It only costs £3.75 billion plus to build.

"Ongoing costs are split across various projects with the CMS and ATLAS Detectors - those responsible for the Higgs boson discovery, which is estimated to have cost over $13 billion in total - being responsible for around $5.5 billion a year"

"The total power consumption of the LHC (and experiments) is equivalent to 600 GWh per year, with a maximum of 650 GWh in 2012 when the LHC was running at 4 TeV."

So if they shut it down, They will Save Earth!
And that is Just one project !
Shut them all down over earth down.

edit on 8-2-2024 by Scratchpost because: mice

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Good progress.

One thing TPTB fear the most is a politically active and conscious working class, and historically agricultural workers have always sparked some of the bloodiest revolts. They're lucky they aren't some lord in 1230ad otherwise they'd all be dead.

Europe isn't primed for a sudden shift in fertilizer and pesticide use. It needs to be gradual and proven to work. I guess they didn't pay attention to what happened in India?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scratchpost
Lets STOP spending money on Large Hadron Colliders.
It only costs £3.75 billion plus to build.

"Ongoing costs are split across various projects with the CMS and ATLAS Detectors - those responsible for the Higgs boson discovery, which is estimated to have cost over $13 billion in total - being responsible for around $5.5 billion a year"

"The total power consumption of the LHC (and experiments) is equivalent to 600 GWh per year, with a maximum of 650 GWh in 2012 when the LHC was running at 4 TeV."

So if they shut it down, They will Save Earth!
And that is Just one project !
Shut them all down over earth down.

we can't shut it down just yet. The LHC is what opened up the portal to clown world. We need to find a way back to the timeline we were in before things got cartoonish.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Grassroot movements work. Great news. The only important action needed now is for farmer's to learn how to farm on an industrial scale without using poisons.
edit on q00000007229America/Chicago0404America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ScarletDarkness

Oh, we are definitely screwing up the environment. I have no doubt about that. People are wasteful, and they are dumping a lot of unnatural chemicals and concentrated natural chemicals into the environment which inhibits the earths ability to fix what we are screwing up.

There are no trees a mile up to catch the carbon dioxide from the jets flying around and turn it back into soils by the plants. The chemicals dumped on our fields asnd in our sewers destroy the microbes that fix things too. It is science that creates the things that are causing the problem. Nature did not create all those jets flying around or the rockets that punch holes into our atmosphere hauling satellites up there. Nature did not create the cars we drive or nuclear bombs that can cause major issues. Nature did not create DDT or Glyphosate. Science did. Science is trying to put the blame on us for messing up the world....Can't blame this on the Amish people. Then blaming cows for farting instead of blaming science that made changes in their diet to increase the speed of their growth so they fart more is kind of weird too.

I read a lot of scientific research, but see what is being researched is often twisted to make our belief in science stronger. You have to evaluate things properly. You cannot shift the blame of this to people who have been led to believe a lie.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

Re: LED lights. We have 2 light fixtures in our master bathroom. They both had regular bulbs and then one burnt out. My husband got LED bulbs because that was all he could find and WOW. I dont even turn that light on anymore because the light is so harsh and white. Reminds me of fluorescent light and I dislike it. Legit when you turn this light on it is like a tractor beam from a UFO. I'm not looking forward to any other bulbs burning out if we have to use these LED monstrosities.

They say that LED lights only hurt the elderly because regeneration of cells is reduced. I study this kind of stuff. when cells regenerate, the telomeres get less and less and the cells die off if over used too ofteh which limits replacement. In the long term, since damage is done in the younger people, they will have vision loss earlier in life. They ignore how things work because it will take twenty years till evidence shows up that damage is done....LED lights are not good for anyone or any animals.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
About time... I guess they realized farmers are important. Plus they have a lot of crap they can put everywhere.

Guess who's going to foot the cleanup bill and who's going to shout about those costs to stick a knife in?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join