It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snakes Come In All Colors And Stripes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Can somebody figure out why the border deal also strips states of the right to protect their borders? ☢️⚠️😧

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Fer Christ's sake already!!!! 🤣

Mitch McConnell Turns Against Border Bill

Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) made the shocking decision to recommend Republicans block the advancement of the Senate pro-migration border bill.

That first procedural vote was set for Wednesday. It is unknown if Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) will forge ahead, although that is likely.

McConnell cited the overwhelming number of Senate Republicans planning to vote against the measure either on substance or because they wanted more time, according to Punchbowl News.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

He realized which way the political winds were blowing and like a true politician, flipped his position. Right and wrong plays no part in his decisions. What a shame his position can not be diminished by his peers in the Senate. They need to find a way to replace him as minority leader.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I can't find why it's drawing so much criticism.

Easy-peasy. Big Daddy 2024 said NO.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 03:50 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 2/6/2024 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The illegals coming into your area have definitely hurt and affected Americans. I lived in LA for many years but I have a couple of close friends that live in Clairemont and Mission Bay, they’re both in the construction trade as was I when I lived out there. I still talk to them regularly and they said it’s bad out there when it comes to the illegals and the trades. Illegals have stagnated pay scales in a huge way and taken a lot of work away from citizens, quality has also greatly dropped. I dealt with it as a employer and employee in CA and CO in the trades.

So…..if you’ve been uneffected feel grateful because that’s not the case with others in your area.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

I can't find why it's drawing so much criticism.

Easy-peasy. Big Daddy 2024 said NO.

Yes. It’s not possible anyone read it and didn’t like the open borders aspect of it. DERP

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

I swore all our construction was out-of-state workers. I remember people boycotting several developments, especially Bosa ones with Labor Dispute signs, because they used workers from AZ.

It hasn't stopped the construction though. Cranes everywhere. So while I can't speak to the ins and outs of what skilled workers are getting hired fir these projects, there still is no shortage of them.

Looking it up average pay seems to be 22 (zip recruiter) dollars an hour. Which is probably why they undercut local unions with an imported labor force. Average local construction union pay sits at around 25 an hour.

All I know is everywhere they can tear down something and put up a highrise they do. From the outside perspective it looks like a lot of jobs.

edit on 6-2-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

The bill legalizes illegals.

The bill appears to be written by doorknob humping retards.

posted on Feb, 6 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   

edit on 2/6/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join