It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming truth about the border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is the largest issue on voters minds coupled with the economy. Biden has claimed he needs congress to act in order to secure the border. That is all well and good, and as long as nobody comes along and fixes it without congress, that lie will hold up. But therein lies the issue. It's looking like Trump will be the new president, and we already know he has the tools needed to fix the border, as he has done this before.

So when this happens, will there be more of this?

I hope so. That kind of thing won't go over like it did before. I think even some of the lefties have opened their eyes to the chaos that exists, and quietly, silently, they know. It's doubtful they will take it that step farther and vote for a better nation, but at least they will know that electing a potato isn't a good look on anyone.

I suspect a paradigm shift will happen, the woke garbage will be laughed away, the pendulum will swing back towards the center, and things will even out for a bit. I do worry about the fruition of the pendulum swing, as extremes of any kind aren't a good thing. And that is what happens when you go this far in one direction. Newton's third law always seems to creep in.

When this is all better, will anyone admit it? time will tell.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I saw an article where Joe said "Give me the money" in reference to border security.

Well Joe, you already had the money and materials, but you stopped all that. Now, he and the Democrats want to blame Congress.
Typical Democrat tactics...shift the blame.

www.usatoday.com...

Biden’s executive order paused work on each construction project on the southern border wall within seven days and paused the obligation of funds related to the construction of that wall. He also rescinded former President Donald Trump’s national declaration of emergency at the southern border from February 2019.

“There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration,”

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Yep, but as I said, if Trump is elected, and fixes it in a few weeks, the narrative that congress must act to save this, will be the bad joke it started out to be. And there won't be any way to hide it. They made too much of a big deal about it. And all the sad antics last time about separating families, yea, that sh!t won't fly this time either. Know what else separates families? Having kids drown in the river trying to cross illegally.

This is all going to be exposed, and the MSM will be reminded of their lies on a continual basis.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yup.

He didn't need congress to stop the remain in Mexico policy and to divert funds away from border construction on his first day in office.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   

this would be a serious blow to the Democrats' position. They will be forced to admit that their policies have failed and that they are unable to protect the security of the country. As for the MSM, I am not sure that they will constantly be reminded of their lies. The media tends to support the side that is in power. If Trump is elected, the media will likely support his policies

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
It's looking like Trump will be the new president,...

Not so sure of that. I'm now thinking Biden won't be on the ticket in November.
This race could be very different in the next few months.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It must not be that much of a crisis if Republicans just want to let things go on for another year, on the chance Trump will be re-elected.

Why not let Congress fix what they can, right now? Then, when/if Trump is elected, he can fix what Congress didn't in this bill.

I mean, if there's such a crisis on the border, and Texas and their allies don't want the federal government on the border in their state, then let Congress fix what they can now, and Trump can perfect it on Day One!

edit on 4920242024k00America/Chicago2024-01-30T10:00:49-06:0010am2024-01-30T10:00:49-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: network dude
It's looking like Trump will be the new president,...

Not so sure of that. I'm now thinking Biden won't be on the ticket in November.
This race could be very different in the next few months.

This^^^

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

MSM?

Oh. You mean the information warfare arm of the Democratic Party.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Well Joe, you already had the money and materials, but you stopped all that. Now, he and the Democrats want to blame Congress.

Dems had control of Presidency, Senate and House for TWO years and did nothing about this until its now biting them on the ass at election time.
Biden ALSO has a pen and a phone and could reinstate Trump's 'Stay in Mexico' EO...any time.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: alonzopo

If Trump is elected, the media will likely support his policies

😂
I can’t. I keep deleting. I literally can’t.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

As for the MSM, I am not sure that they will constantly be reminded of their lies. The media tends to support the side that is in power. If Trump is elected, the media will likely support his policies

You must be joking. Do you live in a foreign country or something? Seriously, this statement seems so out there I just don't even know what to say.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

On a long enough time line, we're all doomed and that goes for the US.

No the "woke" garbage won't go away and even if Trump were to be elected, he'll be a lame duck president from the jump. (don't trust me on that, it's an analysis from the Wall Street Journal).

Nothing will really change. The rhetoric will continue, the border jumpers will continue to flow into the US and the US will continue it's path to third world status. When Trump is done, and he will be after the 2nd year of his next Presidency, the Woke Dems will take all of Congress in 2026 and re-take the White Hut in 2028. There will be barely a discernable pause in the progress of their agenda and the march to a One Party State will continue unabated as Texas goes purple.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It must not be that much of a crisis if Republicans just want to let things go on for another year, on the chance Trump will be re-elected.

Why not let Congress fix what they can, right now? Then, when/if Trump is elected, he can fix what Congress didn't in this bill.

I mean, if there's such a crisis on the border, and Texas and their allies don't want the federal government on the border in their state, then let Congress fix what they can now, and Trump can perfect it on Day One!

LOL, I knew I could count on someone to puke up their talking points.

Tell me, if the truth is, we could stop the flow of illegals by re-instating the remain in Mexico policy, what can congress do to make Biden sign that EO?

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

anything is possible, but it's just about to be February, and the election is in November. Tick tock.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If Trump is elected, the media will likely support his policies

Like they did in his first 4 years?

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I suspect a paradigm shift will happen,

This is on the horizon which will one day be realized as a reality, but not what's in your boggled imagination.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

They already took back the money...and are still asking for more.

The Biden administration on Friday announced it is returning $2.2 billion in Defense Department funds diverted to construct former President Donald Trump's border wall back to the Pentagon to be used for deferred defense construction projects.
n

link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I suspect a paradigm shift will happen,

This is on the horizon which will one day be realized as a reality, but not what's in your boggled imagination.

LOL, tell me it will be a scientific breakthrough enabling a dude to sh!t out a kid from his.......from his what?
It's physics, I don't think it's something you can argue with, but you sure can try. Your battle with Biology doesn't seem to be going well at all.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Because anything the Republicans pass in Congress is DOA when it gets to the Senate.

Democrats need someone to blame for their failures.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join