It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Lions…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The Lions are the only team in the NFC and one of four teams overall, along with the Browns, Jaguars and Texans, to never reach the Super Bowl.

I am from Detroit and the vibe of the city was super high for the past few months!

People packed restaurants, had parties at home and paid a super large amount of money to watch the Lions tonight.

I had some friends who went to the game and they text me that the first half was a different game than the second half. The Lions got blown away during the second half.

It was a great game but I am sad they lost!

Did anyone else watch the game?
edit on 28-1-2024 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Yeah, watched it as I half passed out on the recliner. Seems like they are up to their old tricks again. Do great in the first half and lose in the second half.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

Lions killed the game….Literally!

They are up to their old tricks again for sure! I hope you had a nice nap! Lol

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It was nice seeing our Lions almost make it to the show. Maybe next year…

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

It was nice and exciting! Yes hopefully next year they can keep the Den open!

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Colts 1st.
Packers 2nd.
Lions 3rd. smashed it the first half.... you know the rest.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: montybd

Yep!

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   
meow

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I grew up with the niners. Out West here Fox has most of the Niner games locked up so in past seasons I got Fox with my Dish subscription. But Fox and Dish are at war during this season so I have had to keep up with highlights on You Tube which has been good enough for me.

So today I watched the highlight reel. Twelve minutes of watching the Niners lose to the Lions 38 to 7. I was crestfallen so I called my buddy who still lives in that area to comiserate. He said no, the niners won in a great comback. I had watched the entire hightlight game from another season. Whoopee. Did Brock Purdy scampered for 50 yards?

FIFTY YARDS??????. That may have sealed the MVP deal for the kid. Purdy for fifty yards on foot?

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 11:17 PM
link   

What the hell was that forth down pass attempt with them so far in the lead? Is that normal for Detriot?

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I live in the Bay Area and am a 49ers fan. Obviously, I experienced the same game from the opposite perspective.

On the first drive, the Lions came out and just walked all over the 49ers defense. Actually, they RAN all over the defense. The two Lions running backs looked to be unstoppable. They were so much quicker than the 49ers defense it was jaw-dropping. On their first drive they went for a touchdown and I thought it was all over, if this was how they were going to play. The 49ers couldn't get their offense going and the Lions came back and scored again and had a two score lead.

By half time, the 49ers had scored one TD but the Lions still held a 2 TD lead, as I recall. I was convinced in was all over but the shouting by this time so I went to the grocery store to avoid watching the humiliation.

But then I came back for the second half, and it was a completely different game. The 49ers put together back to back successful drives and suddenly the game was tied. The fact that Purdy rushed for something like 50 yards is pretty startling, in itself. It's not like he's the biggest most physically imposing QB.

I can't really explain it, but the 49ers managed to pull it out. Everything considered, I think the Chiefs-49ers matchup is actually how it should be for the Super Bowl. Whichever of those teams wins, you can't really say that neither of them belongs in the Super Bowl.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Your team did the most amazing job in the second half! I really love your details about the game and the way you smartly placed the events that took place!

I totally agree with your last statement! Thank you for posting this!

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

What the hell was that forth down pass attempt with them so far in the lead? Is that normal for Detriot?

Lol, it must be their new way to kill the game!

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Remember that last niner chief's superbowl? The niners had the chiefs totally under control except for one thing. Homes. They were just not ready for what he could really do and he alone beat the better team. This year though the niners will have him covered like you know what. Go niners.......

PS, I wasa born in Oakland in 47 and always wondered about your handle.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   

edit on 1/29/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The Laydown Lions.
Thought we had gotten over that, but I guess not. Great out of the gate, lay down in the second half.

Hey, I am still shocked and proud of them, for getting as far as they did.
Feel sorry for the idiot Tatoo guy. LOL

And it could have been worse. I mean Damn, the Ravens didn't get beat by Kansas City.
They beat themselves.

It was sad to watch.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   
How will the 49'ers do versus the Kansas City Swifts?

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hopefully kick their butts

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They are going to write a song and name it “Damn, I am too tall for ball 🏉”

edit on 29-1-2024 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How will the 49'ers do versus the Kansas City Swifts?

<<   2 >>

join