It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any recommendations for a good pre-workout?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anybody had a recommendation for a decent pre workout. I've gone through quite a few and to be honest nothing hits like some of the old school supplements from the early 2000s. I've tried Gorilla Mode recently, which offers decent focus, I guess...but not really getting anything else out of it. I understand that it is no stim. Closest things I've found is something from Insane labs called "psychotic" not bad..but yeah...nothing like old school JACK3D haha.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I just had jello before I go do my workout. My workout is going to bed early tonight.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: captinofcats

I am very confused about those terms you used. I just warm up with like about thirty push ups, some jumping jacks and a bit of stretching.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I am very confused about those terms you used. I just warm up with like about thirty push ups, some jumping jacks and a bit of stretching.

Ah, haha. I'm talking about supplements just to clarify.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   

When I was into being fit...maybe forty years or more ago, I used to make three good quality local eggs with two pieces of toast before working out. It seemed to keep my endurance up. I mostly did situps, pushups, and weight lifting, many repititions of say fifty to seventy pounds. I did not do running much, weak ankle cartilage and flat feet. But I would swim across a lake and back and I did a lot of hiking and walked a lot. Now I am sixty eight, my idea of a workout is shoveling snow or raking, mowing, gardening, and cutting dead trees and hauling and splitting firewood.

Supplements to build muscle and joints are a multimineral with copper, molybdenum, and a B complex vitamin with a decent diet. Appropriate amounts of meat and eggs work well to build muscle, and I make bone broth and beef soup made with soup bones for collagen and elastin fiber protein for strong muscles, bones, joints, and tendons. Before I knew about how this stuff works, I ate that way and I would work ten to twelve hours per day doing construction work plus maintained our house and five acres of land with gardens. That is seven days a week I worked usually. But I built up my body when I was younger. I was skinny and strong at two hundred thirty pounds and six foot one. I'm not skinny and strong anymore though that ship has sailed, I won't have nearly the muscle I used to have if I lose ten pounds to get back to the two thirty pound range anymore.

You can buy collagen powder these days, I tried a tub of it, I would rather do homemade soup...which replaces a meal with a healthier meal.

edit on 26-1-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My go-to was usually Wrecked by Huge Supplements back when i was lifting heavy. Havent been back into the gym unfortunately since the covid shutdowns.
Wrecked is pretty high stim though. Definitely be careful if you try it.

hugesupplements.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatal
My go-to was usually Wrecked by Huge Supplements back when i was lifting heavy. Havent been back into the gym unfortunately since the covid shutdowns.

hugesupplements.com...

Wow, that product seems like it gets you a little high when you exercise. Stimulants and the type of choline in eggs which mellows you at the same time. I have researched a few of those chemicals it contains. Even the black pepper has some positive effects on strengthening because it lowers sentient cells somewhat through atopsis of them. I did read about that leaf, but don't remember what effect it has and yahoo is down around this area. I would say you should only take that before a workout, or you might wind up with too much in the body if you aren't using it up with a workout.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Ahhh ok. Well I have nothing to offer. I will see myself out

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I'd be lucky if I could do five pushups and ten situps these days. Between my back being damaged many times and a couple of hernia patches, I can't do much with situps or pushups anymore. Could never lift a lot of weights anymore unless I wanted to be stuck in bed with a bad back for a couple of days. multiple accidents and over lifting made a mess out of my back over my working career. I got to dust off the bowflex, I could probably start working out on that to keep stress off my backbones and neck.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I take C4 Original by Cellucor (yellow tub 487.5g)

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Nonsense, you made me laugh.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   

If BSN's N.O. Xplod still uses their original formula that might be worth a shot.

Alternatively 2 bananas 90 minutes before your workout starts will raise your performance by 10% guaranteed.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Ha! glad I could be of service .

a reply to: rickymouse

I'm only 38 but already I am beginning to understand your own dilemma as my right shoulder/arm is beginning to suffer some king of joint failure or muscle tearing. I have not seen a physician about it as i have lost all trust in any one of them being honest anymore and suspect they just want to dope me up with pharmaceuticals for the rest of my life. It is getting increasingly difficult to throw the football with my boy for long, and am already feeling the trouble with weight lifting as you said.

I hope I am not doomed, but suspect the only way to prevent it is to see a physician asap. Tell me, am I making a big mistake by delaying?? I feel like I am going to regret if I wait any longer and aggrivate it worse

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: captinofcats
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anybody had a recommendation for a decent pre workout. I've gone through quite a few and to be honest nothing hits like some of the old school supplements from the early 2000s. I've tried Gorilla Mode recently, which offers decent focus, I guess...but not really getting anything else out of it. I understand that it is no stim. Closest things I've found is something from Insane labs called "psychotic" not bad..but yeah...nothing like old school JACK3D haha.

lol Kind of the wrong Website to ask Questions like this mate. Some of the responses are hilarious though

That being said you're not going to find anything close to JACK3D mate there was a massive ban on certain chemicals and that did many of the best Pre-workouts in including JACK3D.

Try C4 Ultimate and mix it with warm water to make your body absorb it quicker , I've stopped using Pre's myself I just take a scoop of Creatine and drink tons of Water while I workout .....sometimes I'll eat a donut or something for the carbs

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Have tried many different ones over the past 15 years. I use 2, alternating between Transparent Labs - Bulk (no caffeine) & Redcon - Total War (has caffeine). Recommend both!

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Yes you are right, just was curious regarding opinions of the community. Yes was aware of the chemical ban. I take creatine already...might just resort to coffee and see how that works out. I have two young kids and a third on the way so energy is scarce

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Have tried many different ones over the past 15 years. I use 2, alternating between Transparent Labs - Bulk (no caffeine) & Redcon - Total War (has caffeine). Recommend both!

Thank you! I will check them out!

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

I take C4 Original by Cellucor (yellow tub 487.5g)

I've heard mixed things about C4, but have never tried it myself. I'll look into it, thank you for the recommendation.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatal

hugesupplements.com...

haha, wrecked "enraged" love it. I'll check it out as well. Thanks.

top topics

join