It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘TAKE OUR BORDER BACK’: 700K trucks will take part in border convoy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   
‘TAKE OUR BORDER BACK’: 700K trucks will take part in border convoy

Now first of all I don't know where they get the number of 700K trucks out to the Texas border or however far they want to expand along the border to send a clear message about the migration crisis.

According to The Dailymail

People's Convoy 2.0: Huge cavalcade of TRUCKERS will head to border hotspots in bid to shame Biden administration into cracking down on migration crisis
www.dailymail.co.uk... isis.html

A massive convoy of truckers will make its way to three migrant hotspots across three states in a bid to shame the White House into tackling the worsening crisis.

Hundreds - possibly thousands - of big rigs will head for Eagle Pass in Texas, Yuma in Arizona and San Ysidro in California from January 29 for the four day 'Take Back Our Border' event.

'The time is NOW to take action and secure our borders!'

Despite the Supreme Court ruling on Monday in favor of the Biden Administration that Border Patrol agents can cut razor wire placed at the border (placed there by Texas) if they feel the need to, Texas is doubling down.

The state added more wire fencing, a is refusing to give up control of a Eagle Pass park it seized control of on Jan. 10.

Bizarrely, a golf course remains open in the park for locals to enjoy the genteel pastime - while federally-employed Border Patrol agents are barred.

The feds have given the state a deadline of Jan. 26 to allow Border Patrol agents, were have been banned from the park, access to Shelby Park.

It's unknown what, if anything, will happen if Texas refuses to comply with the federal government by Friday, but San Antonio Congressman Joaquin Castro ratcheted up the language-- suggesting Biden use force.

“Governor Greg Abbott is using the Texas National Guard to obstruct and create chaos at the border. If Abbott is defying yesterday’s Supreme Court ruling, @POTUS needs to establish sole federal control of the Texas National Guard now,” Castro

So I am in favour of applying legally to get into a country but when your government fails to deliver and not listening to people, it's We The People that will end up taking action in a peaceful protest to express our concerns.

Whether or not the National Guard will be deployed or not but regardless of that, should Trump win Presidency, be prepared for mass deportation of illegals and restoring the border wall.

This reminds me of the Canadian Truckers convoy, except instead of blocking the borders, they were blocking Trudeau at parliament...essentially.

Let's see what happenikng in the coming days...this should get really interesting with other state governer's backing up the Texan governor.
edit on 26-1-2024 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I don't know how this will pan out.

But I know how it will be framed.

"Worse than J6!!!"

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I don't know how this will pan out.

But I know how it will be framed.

"Worse than J6!!!"

Hopefully it doesn't get to the point of the liberal government pulling off the illegal and unconstitutional Emergency Act like it happened in Canada 2 years ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I haven't been able to get to Yahoo search or google search for some reason...sucks, can't check things out Have to try a different browser, maybe there is a problem with Firefox.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I haven't been able to get to Yahoo search or google search for some reason...sucks, can't check things out Have to try a different browser, maybe there is a problem with Firefox.

try using Duckduckgo?

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I regret to inform you of 42 current national emergencies currently being observed by the government according to Wikipedia.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I regret to inform you of 42 current national emergencies currently being observed by the government according to Wikipedia.

I am no political expert but how does the National Emergency Act differ from declaring a State of Emergency as multiple state borders would be affected?

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The revolution has begun!

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Simply put, it results in more power and control for the government at the loss of freedom and liberties from the populace.

My opinion is that the feds have absolute control over the border as defined by law. Yet those laws are openly and purposely being violated to the detriment of Texas.

Thus the conundrum. The confusion only deepens when "emergency acts" are applied as by their definition they lead to the loss of rights.

If that helps.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hope the cartels dont take that as a challenge to their sovereignty over the border.

really really really tired of living in interesting times.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:06 PM
link   
And the Mainstream Media are already churning out their propaganda about it. This was one of the first articles that came up for me in a search about it. I must warn you first that it is full of outright lies and obvious propaganda. Why their choice of title alone is a dead giveaway:

Far-Right Extremists Are Organizing An Armed Convoy To The Texas Border

See, "Far-Right Extremists" is just their ugly and libelous term for ordinary Americans who love their country. That's all I've got to say about the rag that published that story. But, like I said, beware when reading it or enjoy it for the chuckles it provides.

The organziers of this event have even set up a website for people to follow the action:

Take Our Border Back

I would say more about the situation, but since the Supreme Court issued their ruling on June 23rd, 2022, "The New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen," at least we as citizens can now legally protects ourselves when we're away from home. Put that in your peace pipe and smoke it.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Trucks?

Well, I guess that'll show 'em. 🙄

I beginning to think "convoys" are nothing more than deployed distractions to circumvent the use of more appropriate direct action by the populace.

We don't need protesting 18 wheelers. We need STATES and CITIZENS doing their GD civic duty; instead of sitting back down because "the big rigs are here to save the day!"

For those who care, stay focused.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

A State of Emergency by definition:

A state of emergency is a situation in which a government is empowered to put through policies that it would normally not be permitted to do, for the safety and protection of its citizens. A government can declare such a state during a natural disaster, civil unrest, armed conflict, medical pandemic or epidemic or other biosecurity risk.

Do you think that if the convoy got too massive that this could be implemented? The only thing I could think of would be armed conflict, but that could be a reflection if the army or national guard was sent in, or, civil unrest (at the border).

But I see the rise of illegal migration as a state of emergency? Like if you can't even hold the line and there is a pourous invasion of who knows who is entering the USA? Undocumented and unvetted these floods could foster some terrorist groups and some other "bad people"

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Hope the cartels dont take that as a challenge to their sovereignty over the border.

They already have MS13 and other gangs here...so the challenge is here...just in hiding.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Seven hundred thousand? Don't make me laugh. There are just short of 3 million trucks registered in the US, and they're going to get almost three quarters of a million to the border? Please. They couldn't even a fraction of that to go on strike to improve wages and living conditions for truckers. You can't even get two truck drivers to agree what time the sun comes up, let alone lose the money that you're talking about them losing pulling off something like this.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Station27
And the Mainstream Media are already churning out their propaganda about it. This was one of the first articles that came up for me in a search about it. I must warn you first that it is full of outright lies and obvious propaganda. Why their choice of title alone is a dead giveaway:

Far-Right Extremists Are Organizing An Armed Convoy To The Texas Border

See, "Far-Right Extremists" is just their ugly and libelous term for ordinary Americans who love their country. That's all I've got to say about the rag that published that story. But, like I said, beware when reading it or enjoy it for the chuckles it provides.

The organziers of this event have even set up a website for people to follow the action:

Take Our Border Back

I would say more about the situation, but since the Supreme Court issued their ruling on June 23rd, 2022, "The New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen," at least we as citizens can now legally protects ourselves when we're away from home. Put that in your peace pipe and smoke it.

Armed? Are there documented pictures or proof in the trucker pouding to show this? Where is the evidence? Likely the lefts are going to stage some sort of hoax like the Russian dossier on Trump...

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Do you think that if the convoy got too massive that this could be implemented?

My point was/is that it doesn't require a new emergency. Plenty on the table already that they could easily attach this to.

Look again at the list from Wikipedia. How many deal with commerce, people, contraband and illegality across borders?

While I appreciate your concern over the border, it has been an existing concern since Bush. Clinton, Obama and Biden campaigned on it even.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Disabling Ad Blockers help. Search Engines are hurting ($$$). Need to show those ads.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Seven hundred thousand? Don't make me laugh. There are just short of 3 million trucks registered in the US, and they're going to get almost three quarters of a million to the border? Please. They couldn't even a fraction of that to go on strike to improve wages and living conditions for truckers. You can't even get two truck drivers to agree what time the sun comes up, let alone lose the money that you're talking about them losing pulling off something like this.

Is there maybe a crowd fund happening like they did in Canada? (before bank accounts were frozen). I don't know about you but countries like Germany, France, Poland and others have their farmers out taming their government with loads of issues there. True patriots will fight at whatever cost to keep their country great.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole
We don't need protesting 18 wheelers. We need STATES and CITIZENS

Who do you think are driving these 18 wheelers? The article I referenced above did have some quotes from some of the truckers going to the rallys, to be held in three separate states: Texas, Arizona and California. These participants were quoted as saying, paraphrased, "Come prepared and bring your 'kits.' And make sure they're fully stocked." I don't know about you, but it sounds to me like people have finally had enough.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join