It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons face call to fight in the armed forces if UK goes to war with Russia, top chief warns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

With all that austerity and Brexit still on our plate.

They better dig deep into their own pockets this time around.

Because they simply cannot get any more blood out of the stone that is the UK.

We don't have the money for another world war as far as i can establish never mind an adequately equipped military force to fight such a thing.

And even if we were forced to consider such a thing i don't imagine we would be able to train enough people in time to make much difference.

They would-be cannon fodder, not that that's not the case trained or otherwise.
edit on 25-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 05:53 AM
link   
the important bit, which most of the commentators I have seen on telly and such are missing, is that this is in the event of war with Russia.

At no point since the start of the cold war has there ever been a time when, in the event of a war with Russia, conscription wouldn't have been required.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I suppose it is worth considering that it might be best to be deployed overseas depending on where you are as opposed to being back home here in the UK should a real shooting war occur with the Russians.

After all 67.33 million people don't bode too well on an island that comprises 94,060 square miles, the majority of such all crammed into cities, should the nukes happen to fall.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We don't have the money for another world war

Oh..... but the 'bankers' have a Plan B........
Rainbows
Jane
PS.... saw you said this in your next post...

After all 67.33 million people don't bode too well on an island that comprises 94,060 square miles, the majority of such all crammed into cities, should the nukes happen to fall.

About the only way, if Russia chose to do so, that they would obliterate the UK...... totally isolated being an island. Sounds like a good reason to sign up to the military and be off our little island, deployed in some foreign country with better chance of surviving perhaps? Just me thinking of an escape route from being nuked. Hey ho.... I'm too old.... so I'll just bend over and kiss my arse goodbye.
edit on am16America/ChicagoThursday2024-01-25T06:24:53-06:0006America/Chicago01000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

LoL

Aye, i imagine that would indeed be the case at the expense of everyone else as usual.

Our plan A should be to send the bankers and prats like Putin/Sunak off to fight their own wars by my guess.

Edit:

Sounds like a good reason to sign up to the military and be off our little island

I suggested something along similar lines to SprocketUK, but to be honest, i would not wish to live through a nuclear war if everyone i knew and loved back home perished.
edit on 25-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I hope this army guy is just trying to worry the government into putting more GDP into the armed forces..

The thing is-if UK and Russia went to war-does anyone think it would be similar to the war in Ukraine?
I highly doubt it.
It would be an air and missile focused war,rather than a land based war of attriton.

Oh well on the bright side-the state of the UK today means than there are more than a few areas which may actually look better after a Kinzahl strike or two.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Cmon guys....fighting against the orcs
would you really want to miss all the fun

Edit: just kidding of course .

edit on 25-1-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Send all the loud-mouthed patriotic flag shaggers first. Let's see how many show up for basic.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

And while we are away fighting for king and country the invading army... Sorry, I mean illegal immigrants....sorry again, asylum seekers get to run riot amongst our mothers, wives and children.

edit on CSTam724 by Tagz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tagz

Good point...

Seek solution to this you will , after that report to boot camp .

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: stu119

originally posted by: DISRAELI2
a reply to: djz3ro
In truth, untrained civilians won't be much help in a modern war.

The UK is safe from an army invasion, any agressor has to take Europe first and thats just not going to happen nowadays.

Not if they are already here.
I remember reading an article of a foreign family living in a nice area and good family man.
He was caught making bombs.

Neighbours were shocked, one neighbour said
"we cant believe this the family have been part of the community for 20 yrs"

So much paranoia nowadays its getting silly.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   
None of you see the real very very dangerous implications for the UK. look at the left hand do not look at the right. What I read into this. Please ,please, prove me wrong.
Our young people are more educated (barely) than years ago and they realise that they would only be fighting and dying for the elites who are never near any fighting or chances to get killed. Anybody else should join the regular army if they're worried about invasion.

Now we have 2 sects of people that would love to be in a "citizens army". The first consideration is they would NOT be sent into any war zone (only in the UK itself) so no chance of being killed or maimed.

First lot, Muslim extremists (there are more in the UK than people realise) Now think of a Muslim militia backed by the government Roaming the streets. First legal steps for sharia law, all their actions backed by the government.

Then secondly, think of all these young military aged illegal immigrants. A slight announcement that any illegal joining the "citizens army" would get permanent fast tracked to British citizenship. The recruiters would get killed in the stampede.

Now think on those two scenarios, either separately or together. Both have absolutely no elegance to the country or culture and both would very much like to take over the UK. Very frightening road to go down.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   
PS. I forgot to add. The chance of any foreign army and that includes Russia, invading the UK are impossible in the extreme and this army officer who is voicing this BS. should be sacked with immediate effect.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
PS. I forgot to add. The chance of any foreign army and that includes Russia, invading the UK are impossible in the extreme and this army officer who is voicing this BS. should be sacked with immediate effect.

You could say the same for WW1 & WW2, Yet British conscripts died in their millions. If there is a war to come it'll be fought in Eastern Europe...Unless Putin has a Blitzkrieg maneuver up his sleeve, which I doubt.

Then We have the Chinese who will no doubt make a move on Taiwan whilst the West's attention is elsewhere. Then the Arabs make a move on Israel. Over to you US, are you bailing Europe out again? while the Israelis and the Taiwanese burn?..or are you sitting this one out?

Anyway, So far Putin is happy with what he has at the moment. He's got his buffer zone and holding. He's costing the West trillions while his own country, (under sanction ima) is doing just fine...unlike the UK and the US economies. He's doing to the West what the West did to Russia during the Cold War.

If all or some of these above-mentioned power plays come to pass, nukes will be used somewhere. It's a certainty. I'm guessing Israel will be the first. Let's face it, they are getting away with genocide as it is right now and the Western leaders turn a blind eye. A nuke or two to halt the possibility of another extermination will be seen as a fair game.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
British troops would not be fighting Russia in a foreign land. The only way this ever happens is if Russia went for Poland and NATO got involved and that would only involve the regular Forces, not conscripts.

The UK needs to close borders and stay the # out of wars which are of no consequence to us. If Russia take Ukraine they wont keep pushing West and Ukraine is of no significance to our safety.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Yes, and what can be said of the public media who are picking up the story so avidly, when they are not talking about measles?

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

From what I have seen, Putin has steered the nation towards an ultra nationalist, hyper masculine society. Which also means promoting popping out as many children as possible. The ukraine conflict may drag on for a while, who knows how many future soldiers are 'in the works' sort of speak.

I just hope the conflict ends soon. Or else the war mongers will start to find ways to weasle in more military equipment and personnel. I've had a discussion before with a friend about how the conflict might just be an elaborate scheme to use up old military machines and tech to build more. War feeds corporations and industry, not a far fetched idea.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Yup, the 'enemy within' is already here 'citizen army' or not!
I'm with you on this.
Just my half-penny worth.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Not going to happen.

Can you imagine going door to door trying to get those aged over 16 to join the army??

first off, there's lots of people who are into gangland/drugs etc.. these people aren't going to sign up for anything and wouldn't really be good for anything anyway... unless they are dragged to the field to be canon fodder and drain some ammunition. At this point, those who are into gangs, fighting, killing etc might go head first into it and just fight what they can before they get killed.

secondly, you have all these idiots out there who participate in Protests against war, even when they don't know what they are protesting for or why (as seen on some videos uploaded to tiktok).

Thirdly... do you think the Muslim population would want to fight for Britain?? The Royals?? Christianity?? etc.. Not going to happen. Thats quite a lot of people already who wouldn't sign up to fight.

Fourth... many people like myself who dislike Government, Royalty and rich Billionaires who only look out for themselves and all who have underground bunkers (Just in case of war) and all wouldn't let you/us/we in if a war came... so, thats another lot of people who wouldn't sign up.

Fifth... the LGBTQ Communities? Can you imagine them on the battlefield?? Neither can I.

Have I missed any?

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

Can you imagine going door to door trying to get those aged over 16 to join the army??

I'm no fan of younger generations; weak, woke and entitled.
But I know enough young 'uns to know that its not all of them, far from it.
If the need arose they'd step up to the plate.....let's just hope they never have to.

In the build up to WWII a lot of old WWI veterans expressed very similar opinions about those younger than themselves then, and look how they managed - Balls of Steel all of them.

Whether people like to acknowledge or accept it or not the fact is we are a fighting nation.....and we are at our very best when out backs are against the wall.
That is why every country wants us on their side come any war or conflict.

Unfortunately we try to force that spirit out of people in times of relative peace. That conditioning has been ongoing for quite some time now and its in danger of changing the very fabric of British society.
This has been aided by the unmitigated disaster that has been this country's immigration policy for the last 30-40 years.
Enough is enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join