It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets discuss the US Energy Grid and it's Future.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

As soon as they figure out how to meter it 😉

Right
They meter everything else including Cancer and how long you will live and how much money they will make off of your Chemotherapy use.

We could have started with Hybrid power houses back in the 60's and by now they would be the Standard , No different than putting plumbing in your home .

By Hybrid Power I mean , Every home has it's own Solar panels and Wind mill to supply power while also the home is still hooked into the main power grid to draw what it needs.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Absolutely. The electricity grid could have been decentralised into a grid of micro nets( consisting of several houses netted together by a common power source and then hooked up to its neighbor in a grid)

An idea that was floated around these parts last time I remember this being discussed on ATS.

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
"As it stands Our Grid could not provide enough power for even one of these three. Especially with Coal Power plants being shut down and Nuclear power Plants taking decades to build ."

Good Lord. With that kind of thinking, we wouldn't even have gas stations. Things CHANGE. PROGRESS is made.

Guess what? We, America, can actually build a new or better system. I'm an optimist. All we need is for our priorities to change, and presto, we could do it.

posted on Jan, 23 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

Guess what? We, America, can actually build a new or better system. I'm an optimist. All we need is for our priorities to change, and presto, we could do it.

Mate I'm an eternal optimist and I'm also a realist.

We literally forgot how to build Nuclear Power plants which is why the one in Georgia took and is taking way longer than expected to build.

But yes As Americans we can build a better system but will the Politicians allow it ?

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: tanstaafl
But A Digital Dollar not using energy ? Are you out of your mind ?

Nope.

Imagine the Safe guards and Algorithms that would surround the use of a Digital Dollar.... Look at the lengths they go to to keep Paper money from being counter-fitted.

The word is 'counterfeited', and sure, there will be safeguards, but you are the one who is out of your mind if you think said safeguards, or the entire scheme, will consume anywhere near enough energy to even be more than a blip on the world's energy consumption.

"It’s estimated that Bitcoin consumes electricity at an annualized rate of 127 terawatt-hours (TWh). That usage exceeds the entire annual electricity consumption of Norway.

I see that you failed to even read the linked article I posted that totally debunks all of these baseless claims in this anti-bitcoin piece of crap published by one of the State's mouthpieces.

In fact, Bitcoin uses 707 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity per transaction, which is 11 times that of Ethereum,"

Etherium, as I said, is no longer a 'proof of work' protocol, which means it uses probably far less than that now. Also, it used far less when it was still proof of work because the network was far smaller, by orders of magnitude.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: Disgusted123

We literally forgot how to build Nuclear Power plants which is why the one in Georgia took and is taking way longer than expected to build.

Or... could it just be the ridiculously insane, ancient/dated regulatory framework?

But yes As Americans we can build a better system but will the Politicians allow it ?

That is indeed the problem. There are already far, far superior designs that have all of the following properties:

1. Extremely safe, with virtually ZERO risk of a meltdown

2. Extremely safe, with NO long term radioactive waste to deal with, and they can even slowly consume the existing stockpiles we have of long term radioactive waste (by long term I mean thousands of years)

3. Extremely profitable due to their ability to manufacture valuable radio isotopes useful for nuclear medicine and other purposes in addition to the production of energy.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i think peoples expectancy of electric cars becoming the norm anytime soon is a bit far fetched. They lose half their value in about a year, the batteries need replaced at enormous cost after X amount of charge cycles and they don't get you very far without charges.

People want to be able to do things quicker, including travel. Electric cars slow you down owing to the regular charge required compared to petrol or diesel.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I agree Stu, if they were serious the batteries would be built in and the internals would be able to be replaced.

a reply to: stu119

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   
12 years mining in the world biggest rare earth mining capital of the world. All electric vehicles batteries etc use mineral that is mined with 10s of thousands of litres of Diesel fuel daily. The electric agenda will not work unless the produce batteries that can run Mobile Mining Machiner 24/7 365 in the worlds harshest consitions, the green effect will never materialise.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
We sold our new, better non-lithium battery tech to China.

We are shutting down nuclear, our best source of abundant electricity.

Stopping our abundant oil industry.

They want you in "smart" cities where they can controll your every move, have no mobility, and own nothing.

Basically peasants and nobility again. SSDD.

Where do you get this idea that anyone is shutting down our oil industry? We produced more domestic oil in the United States in 2023 than in any time in our country's history. That is a fact.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If Trump is back in as president I think you'll see him lean in harder against green policies and that's likely going to mean incentives to the consumer to but petrol and diesel cars via tax cuts to producers or imports of vehicles.

There's no savings that can currently be passed onto EV's, as has been said, the mining for materials to make the batteries is an eye watering expense in itself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join