It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump teases putting Doug Burgum in his orbit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Former President Trump praised ex-rival North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum on an Iowa stage Monday night, promising him an "important" role in the next administration.

Trump, who swept all but one of Iowa's 99 counties during the first in the nation caucuses Monday, has yet to announce his choice of a 2024 running mate.

"Doug Burgum from North Dakota, the governor and his beautiful wife, Catherine, and he got out of the race," Trump said following his projected Iowa win, addressing the North Dakota governor on stage beside him. Burgum notably suspended his 2024 campaign in December, just six months after launching his dark horse presidential bid.

"What people don't know is that he actually supported me on the other side twice already. Right?" Trump said of Burgum. "That he decided to do it and he was outstanding. But the traction is never easy, right? You need controversy for traction sometimes. And this guy is the most solid guy. There's no controversy whatsoever. And he's one of the best governors in our country. And I hope that I'm going to be able to call on him to be a piece of the administration, a very important piece of the administration."

I'm not Nostradumbass but I'm close. I predict that if Trump picks a strong running mate, he will win in a landslide. While I don't know too much about this guy, what little I have heard is all good. Those from his state likely can say more, but this would be a wise move as far as I can see.

There is such a glut of talent currently on the right, that if they are used correctly, some amazing things can and will happen. Tim Scott is another who's time hasn't come yet, but might with some seat time. I would love to see things get so damn good that even the haters have trouble finding things to hate. But we have to get past the current snafu first.

Trump/Burgum has a nice ring to it.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Trump promised that Newt Gingrich would have an important post in his administration. Yet after the election we never heard from Newt Gingrich again.

I doubt this Doug Burgum is Trumps VP choice. Gov Kristi Noem is who I'd guess. He'll go with a female and someone who won't get in the way. Second guess .... Sen Tim Scott. Not a female, but someone who Trump gets along with very well and could do the job.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I could be all wet, but with Ramaswamy dropping out and endorsing Trump a whole lot of possibilities open up.

We all know Biden won't be in the running and Newsome will be the most likely person to be segued in.
We also know that there's no way in hell the Deep State is going to allow Trump to win again-unless he is part of the sham our government has become. IF Trump were to choose Vivik as his running mate, he would most likely be our next POTUS.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Did Newt want to get into the fray again? he seems pretty happy giving opinions on political shows.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Better than Trump/Ramaswamy

Although, Vivek will be on the stage with Trump in Portsmouth NH on Wed night.

V.R. would make an excellent communications director, however. So many interviewers have been shut down on live TV by this guy.
edit on 1612024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I fail to understand how that would make some qualified for a communications director?
Seems ohh I don't know....counter intuitive.
Not that any has ever done that job as I would like but only as I expected.
Wouldn't some transparency be a good thing? Or are you of the mind that any interviews that don't support the President should be nixed?

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k
a reply to: WeMustCare

I fail to understand

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Having been "burned" once, already, by Pence (Pence, remember, failed to exhibit "courage" and did not accede to Trump's wishes regarding the certification of the 2020 vote),

Is it likely that Trump would risk placing in the number two spot of his administration, someone he could not, absolutely trust to "do as he/she was told"?

That doesn't seem to be a "genius" plan.

Especially considering the likelihood that when/if Trump's "reign" ends, he will be the subject of even more intense prosecution.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Especially considering the likelihood that when/if Trump's "reign" ends, he will be the subject of even more intense prosecution.

I think everyone expects that now out of the litigious left. It's how things are done now. lawfare is used when you suck at having a winning political plan.
edit on 16-1-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Did Trump not run on locking up his political opponent for the 2016 election?
And the dude already said his potential next term will be a vindictive one and you even made a thread in support of it.
Good to see where you stand.
We don't expect much in regards to critical thinking from you much as is.
You guys started this whole thing. Your bed now sleep in it dude.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Kinda sucks when the boy cries wolf constantly and then.....well this happens. You and your like will get no remorse from me or anyone I know. We warned you on numerous occasions but your puppet master tells you what to think as it seems your memory is not serving you well. You have become too clouded by buzz words. Kinda expected when you only follow one person and cling to everything they say.
I would say sad but in all reality I find your type to be funny more than sad.
Best of luck dude.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I just hope it's not an uniparty-establishment douche-weasel.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They are politicians the douce weasel is in most politicians' DNA

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I just hope it's not an uniparty-establishment douche-weasel.

Dammit!

I officially suspend my campaign.
edit on 16-1-2024 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
They are politicians the douce weasel is in most politicians' DNA

I wish we had a vaccine for douche-weasel DNA expression.

The only thing now is a baseball bat.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It won't happen but Vivek and Trump would rock lol

Edit- when I read the thread title I thought Trump wanted to send Doug to outer space as a joke cause it said "Orbit" haha
edit on 16-1-2024 by TheMisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMisguidedAngel
It won't happen but Vivek and Trump would rock lol

I do not think Trump will pick anyone who primaried against him.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I could be all wet, but with Ramaswamy dropping out and endorsing Trump a whole lot of possibilities open up.

We all know Biden won't be in the running and Newsome will be the most likely person to be segued in.
We also know that there's no way in hell the Deep State is going to allow Trump to win again-unless he is part of the sham our government has become. IF Trump were to choose Vivik as his running mate, he would most likely be our next POTUS.

Viv-ake is how you say his name, and yes, without a doubt. In fact a mentorship from Trump could be exactly what he needs to complete his resume and earn the trust of the public with results not just words. A formidable team, one that could actually make America great again assuming they can sustain a full decade between them.

edit on 16-1-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: network dude

Better than Trump/Ramaswamy

Although, Vivek will be on the stage with Trump in Portsmouth NH on Wed night.

V.R. would make an excellent communications director, however. So many interviewers have been shut down on live TV by this guy.

Wednesday tomorrow? I'll have to set a reminder.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If you have not looked up who Doug Burgum is you should. Only one from the debates other than V that had a unique idea or approach.

VP, not sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join