It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point is it too late for the Dems to change candidates?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Many have said it, and some are smart people, Joe won't be the nominee in November. So at what point is that not possible? Is there some magical date that you can't just slide in another name? I am asking because I honestly don't know. To be honest, the names for the left are few. Gavin Newsome, and Michelle Obama are the only two I can think of that have enough name recognition to pull this off. Newsome's track record isn't good at all, but when has that mattered?

The only one I fear is Michelle Obama. She could come in and win. To give Obama a 4th and 5th term would be (to quote the left) an End to our Democracy! or something equally as bad. But can Michelle slide in on November 4th and claim to be the new front runner on the left? Or is there some deadline needed?

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They already change Biden every day.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why? Do you think they have a better chance running Nikki Haley? LOL

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I think they can still do some kind of draft at the Dem Convention.
Not sure how it works.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

At this point I can't see it mattering who they run.

Anyone who is going to vote Dem is going to vote it no matter who they put on the card. Simply because they would rather see our country fall even further off the cliff than to see Trump back in office.

Especially since, no matter how many threads people make asking about it, nobody can name/list any good that Biden has actually accomplished while being POTUS.
edit on 16-1-2024 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I did a thread on this subject a couple months ago. It's already too late. As of 12/31/2023, 8 of 10 states had surpassed their legal deadlines for new Democrats or Republicans to enter the race. Independents can continue joining the race until approx June 2024 in most states.

link   
Ballot access laws are determined by the states. Whatever deadlines are in place are determined individually. It would be a mess to change candidates after the state primaries. We'd be in uncharted waters.

link   

I'm pretty sure they can do whatever they want at their convention.

So whenever that is, I expect they'll make their play.

link   
After the election if Bidet wins they can remove him and put in who they want.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

They can nominate someone and make them the nominee right through the DNC convention.

I do think that if they did it at the convention, the average dems would realize the fix is in. By then it will be too late for the people to have a say, except in November.

It will be more dramatic, i think.

Joe will die in office. Even if they pretend.

That way they can play the sympathy card for extra votes.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Ballot access laws are determined by the states. Whatever deadlines are in place are determined individually. It would be a mess to change candidates after the state primaries. We'd be in uncharted waters.

Looks like June 4th, if that's the limit. But the convention isn't until mid August.

This is looking like a strange set of circumstances.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Found THIS:

Three scenarios that will replace Biden on 2024 ballot
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Already too late unless they run Manchelle or The Rock. Maybe Oprah. Biden has name recognition, for good or bad people know who he is. Plus side, The Rock can do the people's elbow on his adversaries.
edit on 16-1-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   

They are going to wait until it's too late to schedule debates with the republican frontrunner.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The only one I fear is Michelle Obama. She could come in and win. To give Obama a 4th and 5th term would be (to quote the left) an End to our Democracy! or something equally as bad. But can Michelle slide in on November 4th and claim to be the new front runner on the left? Or is there some deadline needed?

They will not Run Michelle Obama in 2024 , It is a potential disaster because the USA is so done with the Left at this point that even she could lose. She could win yes but even if she did It would be so close.

2028 on the other hand gives America time to reset it's short term memory and After 4 years of a Republican Michelle Obama will role in looking all shiny and New.

She will win in a massive landslide in 2028.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me if the slipped another candidate in a month before the election itself...

They've already shown (aka flaunted) they can literally do anything they want, at any time, as evidenced over the last decade and the Hilary v Bernie debacle and every other action they've taken since.

I honestly expect Haley to flip at the last minute and get the DNC endorsement for candidacy.

What a great idea, right? Get a bunch of the right pulling for her and then switch out grandpa at the last minute to try and pull a few extra votes their way? Genius.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They are going to wait until it's too late to schedule debates with the republican frontrunner.

2024 general election debates

First presidential debate September 16, 2024 San Marcos, Texas Texas State University
Vice presidential debate September 25, 2024 Easton, Pennsylvania Lafayette College
Second presidential debate October 1, 2024 Petersburg, Virginia Virginia State University
Third presidential debate October 9, 2024 Salt Lake City, Utah The University of Utah

Dates are set. I don't think Joetatoe will be there. at least not all there.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The way it works.
Biden drops out and their super delegates get to CHOOSE who they want to run. The whole damn system is so disgusting
edit on 16-1-2024 by OdinnsPapa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I don't think there'll be any debates. Joe can't hold his own and they know it. If they put anyone else in, it'll be as good as admitting they have no confidence in Joe and if Trump is there, he's going to come out swinging. After the last 3 years of constant failure by the Democrats, they don't stand a chance in a fair election.

Notice I said "fair" election.

posted on Jan, 16 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The white house is becoming a nursing home these days. I think we need to vote in a lot of new sane people to run this country.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join