It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Only focusing on the US is the definition of myopic. We went through a global pandemic that greatly impacted the economy on a global level. The US is pretty much the only country that is in recovery at this point.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The media will tell you everything is great. It is not.

The economy is not booming.
Prices are out of control for rent, gas....food.

McDonalds. A family of four goes to a McDonalds and order meals for everyone it can easily be 40 bucks. 40. Insane.
Groceries. The price of normal groceries since 2021 has risen 50 to 100%.
Fed Rates. Killing loans and ARMs
Gas - Filling up is still almost double

Do not blame COVID...blame China.

Add to that crime is rampant. Millions have poured over our border.

This is what it is like when no one is in charge. It all falls at the feet of this administration.

There is not ONE thing that this administration has done that benefits my community. Not one....
edit on Janam31amf0000002024-01-17T10:20:58-06:001058 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Do not blame COVID...blame China.

You really don't think printing trillions of dollars over a short period of time while a large percentage of the country was out of work isn't going to have an impact on inflation?

Add to that crime is rampant.

2023 had the lowest crime rates since 1961.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Only focusing on the US is the definition of myopic. We went through a global pandemic that greatly impacted the economy on a global level. The US is pretty much the only country that is in recovery at this point.

BS! There's nothing wrong with focusing on the country you're residing in. Don't tell me to stop whining because I only have one shoe when someone, somewhere in the world has no shoes. That does not help put groceries on the table and it doesn't make anyone feel better. Give me an effing break!
edit on 1/17/2024 by Klassified because: I almost said it.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   

When we live in a world with a global economy you have to look at the rest of the world. Do you disagree that the US has bounced back better than the rest of the world?

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Just a moment...I'm going next door to tell my 90+ year old neighbor how myopic, short-sighted, and ungrateful she is for not realizing how good she's got it over the rest of the world, and she needs to remember that the next time she has to choose between groceries and bills, she could stand to lose a few pounds anyway.

Do you disagree that the US has bounced back better than the rest of the world?

What you say MAY be true, but it doesn't change the facts. People in this country are hurting, and most of it has been caused by this administration. Just because you and I are doing okay doesn't mean we can turn a blind eye to those around us who aren't. Well, maybe you can, but I can't.

edit on 1/17/2024 by Klassified because: oopsie

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hey I really did think of something good Biden did for me.
I’m back in my high school jeans for the first time in 25 years.
He’s stripped me of all my savings biologically and financially.
Maybe I’ll start an onlyfans page with this new 30 inch waist of mine. Oh wait, he’s broken onlyfans too.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

How has most of it been caused by this administration? Once again, look outside the US. Everywhere has been experiencing the same inflation that started in 2020 when governments were doing everything to prop up their economies during a once in a lifetime pandemic.

The US is the only one that has completely stabilized and is truly recovering. Why do you think that is?

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

An affect? Sure. Inflation should occur when there more jobs/workers and household incomes rise. Some reasons for inflation....

Wage Increases
Raw Materials increases
Higher Taxes
Decline in Productivity

Yes, printing money will also cause it but you are going to ignore the other 4 indicators? We are told that the economy is roaring. Please. There are more people living check to check now than 8 years ago.

As far as crime, it has fallen since the 70-80's murder boom but crime is rampant right now. Have you seen what stores have to do not to get robbed now? Murders and shootings and not even talking about the Fentynal crisis we have.

NY 8 years ago was very safe. I was there last year and it is far from it now. So many major cities and it is also from an influx of illegals although the MSM says no....

The Joe Biden Administration has done NOTHING for our country...at all. Name ONE thing Thread...one.....

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Lol you just making stuff up now. Basically all first world countries are recovering. Inflation and unemployment are going down everywhere.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If people on this site stepped out of their myopic worldview they would see that under Biden, the US has the strongest post-pandemic economy in the world. We're the first country to get inflation handled to the point that it's starting to drop.

On top of that, we're creating manufacturing jobs at a rate not seen in a long time. So much so that 2023 marked the first time in 30 years that the US economy saw greater growth than China.

Ooow and specifically which Biden policies caused this? Or is it more likely any positive numbers are mostly due to Trumps actions?

For example;

Immediately withdrew from the job-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
Ended the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), and replaced it with the brand new United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).
The USMCA contains powerful new protections for American manufacturers, auto-makers, farmers, dairy producers, and workers.
The USMCA is expected to generate over $68 billion in economic activity and potentially create over 550,000 new jobs over ten years.
Signed an executive order making it government policy to Buy American and Hire American, and took action to stop the outsourcing of jobs overseas.
Negotiated with Japan to slash tariffs and open its market to $7 billion in American agricultural products and ended its ban on potatoes and lamb.
Over 90 percent of American agricultural exports to Japan now receive preferential treatment, and most are duty-free.
Negotiated another deal with Japan to boost $40 billion worth of digital trade.
Renegotiated the United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement, doubling the cap on imports of American vehicles and extending the American light truck tariff.
Reached a written, fully-enforceable Phase One trade agreement with China on confronting pirated and counterfeit goods, and the protection of American ideas, trade secrets, patents, and trademarks.
China agreed to purchase an additional $200 billion worth of United States exports and opened market access for over 4,000 American facilities to exports while all tariffs remained in effect.
Achieved a mutual agreement with the European Union (EU) that addresses unfair trade practices and increases duty-free exports by 180 percent to $420 million.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Eh so doing better means the rest isnt recovering?

ec.europa.eu...

Thats for the EU, meaning it has a dozen of poor countries mixed in the numbers and still massively recovered on avarage.

edit on 17-1-2024 by ElitePlebeian2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nope
edit on 17-1-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah. These are the same people who told you that it would take 2 weeks to stop the spread. G7 comparo....

from your article....

Despite a jump in June, consumer sentiment is still around the levels of the Great Recession, suggesting Americans are still worried about a possible recession. Falling real wages and still-high prices have continued hurting millions of Americans, despite data showing a strong labor market and slowing inflation.

However, the labor market slowed drastically in June, with 209,000 nonfarm payroll jobs added. Job growth in May and April was heavily revised downward, suggesting the job market was not as hot as it seemed.

Credit Card debt is at an all time high and 401k and savings are being wiped....

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

" 2023 had the lowest crime rates since 1961. '

That is Impossible . With Over 30 Million Illegal Foreign Nationals entering the U.S. over the Last 5 Years , and a Good Percentage of them with Criminal Records from their Country or Origin , the Law of Averages say's Crime would have Risen Substantially . Do you Actually Believe some of the Crap Dis Info you Post here on ATS or What ?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

When crimes aren't prosecuted, of course crime rates will be low. No prosecutable crimes = no crime.

And just like that, we'll be crime-free! Woo-hoo!!

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

If 81 million people voted for him and you think he's done such a great job you want him re elected, you must be able to point to all the wonderful things he's done for us.....right ?

So....tell me about them.

OH...I'VE GOT ONE!

Joe just announced today that he's finally going to visit East Palestine, Ohio...the site of the catastrophic toxic train derailment.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

So what would those Crime Statistics be if All Crimes Committed Regardless of Convictions would be then compared to 1961 ? Sounds like he is using " Polling Math " to come up with that Outrageous Statement IMO .

edit on 31-1-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join