It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researches Uncover Giant 10 foot Tall Apes Living in China Around 250,000 Years Ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A team of researchers has found evidence that 10 foot apes once lived in China around 250,000 years ago. The species known as Gigantopithecus blacki, lived in southern China, and it represents the largest great ape known to scientists. It stood 10 feet tall and weighed up to 650 pounds.

An international research team has shown 'beyond doubt' that the largest primates to walk the earth went extinct between 295,000 and 215,000 years ago.

Scientists believe that as the environment changed these great apes weren't able to adapt and thus went extinct. Pretty interesting! Annimals used to be much larger in the past than they are now. There are still some really big apes around and there are some really big chimps too; namely, the Billi Chimps..! Anyway, just want to bring this topic here to discuss. So, what says ATS? Cool discovery or a nothingburger?

www.msn.com... ge/vi-AA1mOlM5?ocid=socialshare&pc=SCOOBE&cvid=03d7dc0ff3a04396ad33fa389446b686&ei=47

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostbook2

I don't believe in animals.
So nothing burger

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

I don't believe in animals.
So nothing burger

Birds Aren't Real

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Excellent!
I remember hearing about that recently, but can't remember where.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Extinct?

Big Foot, and Yeti would disagree...

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I'm surmising they crossed the Bering Straits and became what we call BigFoot...or Sasquatch.

...and perhaps still all alive today.

The Gigantopythicus mention I have is in a 35 yr old book "The Explorers Club".

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Extinct?

But very convienianly they are impossible to track down for that conversation.
edit on 14/1/2024 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   
i believe animals make the best burgers. not a nothing burger, but a something burger. As for China, they will eat anything so they shouldn't have made them extinct. a reply to: Allaroundya4k

edit on 14-1-2024 by AnrkE17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Despite massive deforestation, there is still a lot of woods out there for a intelligent ape to hide in.
This guy Christopher Thomas Knight, hid for 27 years, despite actually being looked for, and not having the senses of a wild animal. Having only 2 brief encounters during that time.
Wiki

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

edit on 1/14/2024 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lostbook2
A team of researchers has found evidence that 10 foot apes once lived in China around 250,000 years ago. The species known as Gigantopithecus blacki, lived in southern China, and it represents the largest great ape known to scientists. It stood 10 feet tall and weighed up to 650 pounds.

An international research team has shown 'beyond doubt' that the largest primates to walk the earth went extinct between 295,000 and 215,000 years ago.

Scientists believe that as the environment changed these great apes weren't able to adapt and thus went extinct. Pretty interesting! Annimals used to be much larger in the past than they are now. There are still some really big apes around and there are some really big chimps too; namely, the Billi Chimps..! Anyway, just want to bring this topic here to discuss. So, what says ATS? Cool discovery or a nothingburger?

www.msn.com... ge/vi-AA1mOlM5?ocid=socialshare&pc=SCOOBE&cvid=03d7dc0ff3a04396ad33fa389446b686&ei=47

Are they the remains of apes? Or Nephilim?. Did the theory of evolution get invented to hide this fact? To take your eyes and heart off the creator?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

edit on 1/14/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
Extinct?

That's what I was thinking.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Your link looks broken.

Also, the Coelacanth would like to have a word with them about assuming extinction.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unknownparadox
a reply to: nerbot

Despite massive deforestation, there is still a lot of woods out there for a intelligent ape to hide in.
This guy Christopher Thomas Knight, hid for 27 years, despite actually being looked for, and not having the senses of a wild animal. Having only 2 brief encounters during that time.
Wiki

Ok?

But his spices as a whole leaves evidence of existing everywhere. So Bigfoot is just one single individual animal? Is that your argument?
edit on 15-1-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 04:21 AM
link   

edit on 1/15/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I didn't see any pictures of any of it.
When I click the link it sends me to some news app.
Why not post some pics of something, or anything that might back this up some more.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Assuming various earth species were "modified" by alien visitors in the distant or not so distant past, this could be the originator of the Bigfoot sightings. If they were increased in intelligence and had advanced technology, they could come to earth for R and R or other reasons and just be toying with us. Like dog men, reptilians, moth men or thunderbirds.
We could be the end reslut of the same manipulation and be sort of a free range species kept for some purpose.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join