It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can it be things worked better under Trump because his supporters stopped not cooperating?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech620
a reply to: chr0naut

One problem there is what would the world look like if the US defense umbrella had never existed after WW2? If all the Western countries had been paying up to 20% of their GDP on national defense instead of the 1% they were paying?

The reason most of those cities rank so high is that the US taxpayer has been paying for the national defense of all the western countries since WW2. And they have been buying social services and everything else instead. We have been buying the guns while they buy the butter.

It makes sense, no-one can eat guns.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS
Using this same logic what would explain the not so great condition that the country is in under Biden?

I'm honestly fine, tbh.

Biden doesn't have the power to make the gas expensiver, just like Trump didn't have the power to give us the economy and quality of life that Obama gave us.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: Solvedit2 Most of us, in fact, the great majority of us, are normal, hardworking people.

I agree, many of you have no choice because your taxes are deducted for you by your employer.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Myhandle

He was a rich punk teenager, when I was a teen.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit2

As you get older, you'll see you are correct. EVERYTHING gets a bit...."better"-your word, and worse too 1st..

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Myhandle

Matter of fact FOLKS...My band played for an event he was at at Tavern on the Green in New York. I was 19...he was like 25. His bodyguards and hangers on...

Thes folk are in their own world.....
edit on 01242031America/ChicagoSun, 14 Jan 2024 08:50:20 -060050202400000020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit2

And today we are BOOMING. Read up son. It's in the papers. What is today, Sundays unemployment figure?

We'll wait....crickets......see.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Of course not. I wasn't addressing you, but their...comment. Condolences right back at you.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech620

How old are you? Some of us grew up alongside him in age. Me? Saw him in person, nighrclub '74. Rich punk. Sorry.

Where were you in 1974? Cause I was in a room w him...AND voting in elections.

Because you've read about him, based opinions on that...and we all know the media is whacked ...you gotta understand, he has all kinds bad stuff we saw...as he grew up....

Wait a minute ..Donny Traitor Rich never grew up. Watch the news you quote....
edit on 01243831America/ChicagoSun, 14 Jan 2024 09:00:38 -060000202400000038 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 01243031America/ChicagoSun, 14 Jan 2024 09:01:30 -060001202400000030 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Could be either way. Correct. Thnx✌️

(post by tresear removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

edit on 1/14/2024 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   

edit on 1/15/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 04:40 AM
link   

edit on 1/15/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 05:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech620
a reply to: chr0naut

One problem there is what would the world look like if the US defense umbrella had never existed after WW2? If all the Western countries had been paying up to 20% of their GDP on national defense instead of the 1% they were paying?

The reason most of those cities rank so high is that the US taxpayer has been paying for the national defense of all the western countries since WW2. And they have been buying social services and everything else instead. We have been buying the guns while they buy the butter.

WHat an absolute load of rubbish. The US government has used those guns to invade how many countries and impose the petro-dollar globally. 'Paying for the western countries security'.. man you Americans have a over inflated sense of importance

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Saibot3052

Not knowing the nation you're from. But. Western Europe was and is protected by the US since WW2. With that protection they spent very little on national defense. Now take away the US nuclear umbrella and armed forces from NATO and suddenly they're looking at a possible Russian invasion in the 1950s, 60s, 70s and 80s. Them looking down the barrel of Russian guns means they're spending orders of magnitude larger amounts of money on standing armies and weapons. They wouldn't have been able to afford all the social spending they did instead. No national health services. Marginal welfare programs if that and so on.

The same goes for other nations as well. Taiwan, Japan, Australia, and so on from the Chinese threat. If it hadn't been for the USA. The rest of the world would have been a much poorer place.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: ntech620

How old are you? Some of us grew up alongside him in age. Me? Saw him in person, nighrclub '74. Rich punk. Sorry.

Where were you in 1974? Cause I was in a room w him...AND voting in elections.

Because you've read about him, based opinions on that...and we all know the media is whacked ...you gotta understand, he has all kinds bad stuff we saw...as he grew up....

Wait a minute ..Donny Traitor Rich never grew up. Watch the news you quote....

That was 50 years ago. People evolve. But what I have been seeing since 2015 is a bunch of self centered leftist Democrats (and that includes the news media) screaming their heads off because he was dismantling their little fiefdoms in the government and cutting off their monies. Woke this and woke that. Like the video I posted. Who's the real baddies there?

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech620If it hadn't been for the USA. The rest of the world would have been a much poorer place.

Had the Soviets captured the factories and intellectual capital of Western Europe, they would have increased in strength perhaps enough to conquer the US. At best, the US would have had far fewer nations to trade with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join