It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All they need is 100 years

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
We are great at shooting things down , or confiscating exotic craft from other nations and reverse engineering it to speed up our own evolution

As always we cheat

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   

edit on 1/15/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Not get any argument out of me on that score.

Way too much stuff, and far too little common sense.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 05:29 AM
link   

edit on 1/15/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sendhelp
I completely agree on your assessment of homes too, for example our doors. In sci Fi movies futuristic doors would open up to down super fast by the touch of button or sensor of some kind. It's still a door knob and key hole, although you might use an electronic key, nothing's changed.

We have had the technology to do that in a relatively cheap way for the last 40 years or so, but "traditional" doors are even cheaper.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Where I live they posted the train timetables from 100 years ago and when I checked against the modern one there was more trains back then than now and exactly the same timetable with exactly the same journey times

There were less people with private cars back then as well.

A train can take you just so far but if you want to move around wherever you are going you may as well drive there.

True even in my 58 years on the planet ,when I look back at old photographs of my area it looks like a ghost town there are so few cars on the roads or parked up ,But the bus services when I was young were fantastic and every 15 minutes now there are no timetables at the stops anywhere in the area they expect you to download one , and now you are lucky to get a bus every hour Very lucky ! .

They are even talking about scrapping weekend services and on holidays they change the timetables when they feel like it without notice ,Buses stop at 4pm if they turn up at all and years ago they changed the timetable 16 times 8n one year , even the drivers do not know the timetable and are told when to go out .

We are going back the way at a high speed in the UK

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

After some thought made this up in my head. It probably doesn't work but I don't see why not.

What I envisioned as a completed simple space drive was this. You take two mirrored flywheels spinning in unison but opposite directions. There is a strong permanent magnet mounted on each flywheel. Also there is two arms with electromagnets at the 9:00 and 3:00 positions. Then you spin up the flywheels to an optimum speed clockwise.

Then you generate motion here by doing this. When the magnets pass the 12:00 position both electromagnets at the respective 3:00 positions turn on strongly attracting the magnet. Then as the magnets hits the 2:59 mark they shut off. What happens? Each electromagnet gets a bump towards the 12:00 direction. And the flywheel speeds up.

Then at the 6:00 positions the electromagnet at the 9:00 positions turn on strongly opposing the magnets. Then at the 8:59 position the electromagnets turn off. What happens? Another set of strong bumps on the electromagnets towards the 12:00 direction and the flywheels slow.

Run that for a few hours in space and you're generating motion. Why would it work? Because it's a MacGyver of Newtons 3rd law of motion combined with his law on energy. When the magnets and electromagnets are interacting with each other that's his 3rd law of motion. Kinetic energy in motion. But also being energy they also obey his law of energy which states it can be transformed. So the magnets and electromagnets are also acting as a transformation layer. The total energy remains equal but the reaction is transformed. And no longer opposes the action. And the duplicate flywheel prevents the mechanism from rotating around it's self.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech620
Look up magnet car meme.

Your flywheels would be spinning in opposite directions and attached to the same craft. They would just be opposing forces that cancel each other out.

To be honest I like this kind of stuff, spent some time trying to get an off-balance wheel to work. Never got it to work.
Was watching a Robert Murray-Smith video where he just said it so nonchalantly (paraphrasing), the reason these don't work is because whatever arrangement is made to make it unbalanced changes the center of gravity so they end up swinging back and forth for a bit and then stop.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Perhaps it’s like Richard S. Shaver wrote in the short story “I Remember Lemuria”……..

Out on the street I took one of the many vehicles that are provided for travel about the city. These vehicles, their weight reduced by a gravity deflection device, are powered by motors whose energy is derived from a gravity focusing magnetic field, by which one side of a flywheel becomes much heavier than the other. This is accomplished by bending gravity fall [*3] in the same way that a lens bends a light ray.

*3 The reader will note the curious use of the word "fall" in connection with gravity. Later in the story, the author elaborates on the subject of gravity in a very amazing manner, propounding a theory which your editor has examined in detail and by which he has been utterly confounded. This glib "focusing" and "deflecting" of gravity your editor cautions you to accept in the literal sense until Mu-tan Mion's story gives us more on the subject of gravity.--Ed.

Source written in 1948: I Remember Lemuria

👽

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nice, but all I've ever seen is wheels with mechanisms that cause things like ball bearings, a liquid, or an extended arm with a weight to be closer or further from the center of the wheel.

When I saw that video I realized that I "wasted" many hours trying to get that to work. Wasted is in commas because it was fun, so not really wasted.

A gravity deflection device and gravity focusing magnetic field might be something that the big boys are playing with, but, even if they did exist, your average backyard tinkerer wouldn't have access.

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech620

This almost looks like what your describing perhaps?

The top flywheel is there but out of frame in the vid…

This is not the first time this is attempted

Some Russian guy supposedly had better success and it actually levitated or so it seemed. It’s on YouTube somewhere…

👽
edit on 17-1-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think the movement was due to vibration, right before the thing came to pieces. It was after all 3D printed at 13k RPM.

A significant jump would have added a little credence.

edit on 17-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
I think the movement was due to vibration, right before the thing came to pieces. It was after all 3D printed at 13k RPM.

A significant jump would have added a little credence.

I just had to throw this in……😆

What are the chances that everything is upside down including the guy anchored to the chair….table….pic of Einstein…etc.

👽
edit on 18-1-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised that some hoaxer would do that.

The way he is handling things does seem off but, even if legit, it isn't what ntech620 was describing. This thing is using freaking alpha particles!!!

edit on 18-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Not quite. My idea involves having two/four fixed electromagnets at the sides of the flywheels. Those are the action points of the action/reaction process. Generating the thrust. The reaction is the flywheels gaining and losing speed. You still have the reaction but it's transformed. So the overall net difference is your thrust. And hopefully having two/four action/reaction points would counteract the urge of the device from rotating around the flywheels.

Also if you wanted more thrust you could build a hundred of these drives and mount them in what you would consider the "floor" of the spaceship. All of them running at the same time could create a sizable amount of thrust and make it harder for the drives to rotate around the axis of the flywheels.

But if they ever figure out what I would call a pseudo reactionless drive it'll have some way to convert the energy of the reaction.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Gautama Buddha was born about 2500 years ago
Not enough people are following the word of Buddha, if they did
the world would be a nice and happy place.

The human race will be dead lucky to be around in 100 years the way its behaving
towards its fellow beings.

Simply get in touch with Buddhism in any way you can and watch yourself grow
Learn to be at peace with ones self
No need to seek power over another.

edit on Thu, 18 Jan 2024 17:53:14 -0600535America/ChicagoThursday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join