It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All they need is 100 years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   
When it comes to UFOs and aliens, we hear "they are a million years more advanced than us"....but are they really ?

Take a look at past technology.

In 1924, the fastest plane flew around 267 mph and that was a speed record. Commercial planes only flew at an altitude of 3,000 ft.

Fast forward a short 100 years and commercial jets fly 500 - 600 mph at 36,000 ft and we have fighter jets that travel at well over 1000 mph. We look back at all the quaint technology of the past and say "Awww isn't that cute ? "
As early as the 1960s we had the SR -71 flying over Mach 2. That's 2000 mph.

Can you imagine what pilots would think of a F-22 or an F-35 showing up in WW II ?

Look at what we take for granted in our modern world. We routinely talk to people on the other side of the planet with the touch of a few buttons. Can you imagine someone from 1924 coming to our time and going to the movies ?
Or go back and take a phone with you. You couldn't make calls but you could take pictures and video. What would they think ?

What will we be like 100 years from now ? What technology will we have that will make us look back at 2024 and say "Aww, wasn't that cute ?"

Aliens don't need to be a million years ahead of us. All they need is 100 years.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

First flight 1903.

And we landed on the Moon in 1969.

Not half bad really, all things considered.

What we need next is a viable cost-effective means of launching Man and machine into low Earth orbit.

So we can colonise and industrialise the area and possibly go on to tackle the Moon.

And once we are able to do that Humanity might even get a new golden age of sorts.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

If you factor in the billions of planets that are considered to be possible life givers, there is absolutely no way to put any lid on how advanced (or not) might be any ETs they may have nourished among them and subsequently sent here on missions of explorations. It is magical thinking to compare us with what is out there, and almost certainly here.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   

There is a book called "The Cryptoterrestrials" by Mac Tonnies that hits precisely on that point. Tonnies didn't believe that UFOs were otherworldly. He believed they were from another civilization on earth with us, and that they were not that much more advanced than us ... just enough to wow us with some of their gear and what it could do. Worth the read if you come across the book.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
When it comes to UFOs and aliens, we hear "they are a million years more advanced than us"....but are they really ?

Take a look at past technology.

In 1924, the fastest plane flew around 267 mph and that was a speed record. Commercial planes only flew at an altitude of 3,000 ft.

Fast forward a short 100 years and commercial jets fly 500 - 600 mph at 36,000 ft and we have fighter jets that travel at well over 1000 mph. We look back at all the quaint technology of the past and say "Awww isn't that cute ? "
As early as the 1960s we had the SR -71 flying over Mach 2. That's 2000 mph.

Can you imagine what pilots would think of a F-22 or an F-35 showing up in WW II ?

Look at what we take for granted in our modern world. We routinely talk to people on the other side of the planet with the touch of a few buttons. Can you imagine someone from 1924 coming to our time and going to the movies ?
Or go back and take a phone with you. You couldn't make calls but you could take pictures and video. What would they think ?

What will we be like 100 years from now ? What technology will we have that will make us look back at 2024 and say "Aww, wasn't that cute ?"

Aliens don't need to be a million years ahead of us. All they need is 100 years.

And aware of big ticket item clearances or Boxing Day Blowouts at a Miami mall. The hope is they don't crash, as is seemingly so often the case.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

There is a book called "The Cryptoterrestrials" by Mac Tonnies that hits precisely on that point. Tonnies didn't believe that UFOs were otherworldly. He believed they were from another civilization on earth with us, and that they were not that much more advanced than us ... just enough to wow us with some of their gear and what it could do. Worth the read if you come across the book.

Cheers

I really like that idea-if only for the fact it is so much more likley (and less scary)than an alien species who can manipulate the fabric of reality/time/space.

I want the crypto terrestrials to be descendents of the Dinosaurs--maybe some lucky dinos survived the meteor in a deep cave formation where they have sinced evolved into a technologically advanced reptilian race.

Ufos piloted by dino reptoids-Is that too much to ask for?

The huge question then is-Why are they hiding from the humans?
Are we the bad guys?

edit on 13-1-2024 by onestonemonkey because: sp

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus

If you factor in the billions of planets that are considered to be possible life givers, there is absolutely no way to put any lid on how advanced (or not) might be any ETs they may have nourished among them and subsequently sent here on missions of explorations. It is magical thinking to compare us with what is out there, and almost certainly here.

What I find fascinating with this whole advanced alien theory is this:

America rejected God in 1969. There was even a headline stating God is Dead. People wanted to live a life with no spiritual guidance. We can see the results...clown world.

Now people are hungry to fill that spiritual void...can't be God, though, educated people told us he doesn't exist.

So here comes alien's to save us. They are smarter, nicer, kinder than us. They have no hidden motives and if we humble ourselves and do what they say, we with live in a new golden age of peace and unity.

Kinda like the life we would live if we followed God's teachings.

Humans are being set up to be slaves to aliens if they exist. Which I highly doubt. I believe aliens to be demons deceiving mankind.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

"So here comes alien's to save us. They are smarter, nicer, kinder than us. They have no hidden motives and if we humble ourselves and do what they say, we with live in a new golden age of peace and unity. "

Not sure the whole "getting abducted/drugged/probed"routine counts as being nice and kind!

and with all the reports of fertility/hybrid related experiments-that kind of sounds similar to Fallen Angels impregnating human women and creating the OG hybrids-the Nephilim.

So the ones doing that may not be very nice and kind at all-they may actually be those who wer once called the fallen angels.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Technology becomes irrelevant when a mentality doesn't understand that it makes them ignorant, insensitive, insular, inconsiderate, lazy, selfish and a liability towards their environment.

Aliens could have the same kind of drug problems, homeless, wars, famine and problems just like any animal on one of these balls of dirt but we will only get to meet the Elite in control if there was contact me thinks and like those Elite, they would just want "stuff" for free.

Also, believing aliens would have a conscience or empathy similar to humans is naive.

Survival of the fittest doesn't include much empathy. If they came, they would do a trolley-dash and a runner perhaps.

Then EVERYBODY is homeless.

Dear People Of Earth. We Will Be Arriving Soon. Remain Calm.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Good one t'day D! Look how far we've gone since 3 channel, black n white TV, no personal phones, headsets, computers in the 1960's!

We've not quite reached "The Jetsons" level...but now a days most everyone has a computer( smart phone) on them.

So, with your point, I'm in agreement. It wouldn't need to be more than a few hundred years ahead, like our jump.

But, if it is millions ahead? Oh.My.God. We've no idea. Not yet....
edit on 01242731America/ChicagoSat, 13 Jan 2024 10:14:27 -060014202400000027 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

That's one of the things I find funny about some people, the need they apparently have for the existence of some kind of "superior being(s)".

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What humanity needs right now to really get out into space would be the Star Trek Impulse drive.

Put simply a thrust generating mechanism that by using electrical energy only can generate thrust to the point of propelling masses through space. And hopefully be strong enough to push a vehicle from planet side into orbit and beyond.

Though initially what would be golden would be a mechanism that could create a couple of ounces of thrust so that a vehicle could eventually break away from earth and get to the moon and beyond.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Do not confuse advances made in technology for those made based on an, as yet incomprehensible, mastery of fundamental Physics!

All of the developments you point to in your OP are traceable to advances in technology, grounded in the already well-established, realm of physics.

To accomplish the feats supposedly witnessed, and reported, "Alien craft/UFO'S/UAP'S" have demonstrated, if real, would require not only advanced technology, but an entirely revised (and expansive) understanding and exploitation of physical laws on which to base such technology.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
We made a lot of jumps up until the 70's? But since then it's just been the Internet, WiFi, and smart tech. So as far from going from the horse and buggy, train, car, airplane, space shuttle....it's kind of stopped. That's over 50 years ago. There's smart tech self driving but it's not like a whole new method of transportation has evolved.

I believe ET either evolved on a planet abundant with natural resources to make space travel easier than it is for humans. I also believe the ET's themselves must have a brain, sensory perception and culture to figure out space travel better than humans. What I'm getting at the planets top species has a better natural ability to understand and travel space better than humans. Impossible to compare their evolution in space travel to humans.

I also believe the ET could be coming from a parallel dimension to Earth, which may or may not have anything to do with a scientific engineering evolution.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021
To accomplish the feats supposedly witnessed, and reported, "Alien craft/UFO'S/UAP'S" have demonstrated, if real, would require not only advanced technology, but an entirely revised (and expansive) understanding and exploitation of physical laws on which to base such technology.

The good thing about that is that finding new laws of physics may happen at any moment.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   

When it comes to UFOs and aliens, we hear

Except reports of Tic-Tac or Propane Tank, or Cigar UFO's have been around for a long time. They don't appear to be changing, well some of them anyway, some have changed.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Except reports of Tic-Tac or Propane Tank, or Cigar UFO's have been around for a long time. They don't appear to be changing, well some of them anyway, some have changed.

But, again I find this sadly funny, go back and look at the old reports or watch some ufo shows. Put them in chronological order of happening...not order the shows were released. They are the perfect example of either mass hysteria, people being manipulated by pop culture, the real time evolution of an alien species, or a combination of all three.

Let me explain.

In the 40's and 50's, eye witnesses all reported or sketched saucer shaped ufos. Kind of like ships depicted in pulp sci-fi and drawn on covers of books and magazines.

The 60's and 70's saw silent flying wing type ufos. Coincidentally similar to the SR-71, and B2 bombers. Which were black projects at the time.

The 80's and 90's brought to the forefront cigar shaped ufos. I have tons of friends who claim to have seen them.

Now we seem to be in the age of tik tac and triangular craft. Really, they are just smaller versions of the crafts from the 60's on forward. Kinda like drones are smaller, unmanned versions of manned craft.

To me, it isn't aliens. It is the military of the 7 families using tech mankind has had before, but became lost bc of some sort of reset. And the 7 families kept the tech hidden so they are the only ones with that power.

It's out there, I know.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   
And then there's the possibility that out of all the species in our universe, that we are the most advanced đź‘Ť.
Just speculating like you guys. I seriously don't believe aliens from another world exist.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I’m reminded of this report….from American Airlines Flight 2292…in 2021.

Tic-Tac, Propane Tank, Cigar…….are basic cylindrical shapes thereof

đź‘˝
edit on 13-1-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech620

I would have gone more with the propulsion method from the likes of the Expanse, the "Epstein Drive".

Which is a speculated highly efficient fusion engine that allows spacecraft to continuously accelerate, providing high thrust and efficiency over long durations, thus essentially allowing spacecraft to cruise around our star system.

toughsf.blogspot.com...

As you can see through there are plenty of problems associated with the type of torch drive in question.
edit on 14-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join