It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These kids are good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Some of you may remember Gerry Rafferty and the song "Baker Street". He was also a founding member of Stealers Wheel who played "Stuck In The Middle With You"

"Baker Street" came out in 1978 when I was just 14 and I remember it had a lot of play time on the radio.

I'm usually not a big fan of bands doing cover songs. There always seems to be something a little off and the vocals are just not up to par, but these kids are pretty damn good.

Here's the original -

This is the cover -

edit on 11-1-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I still have Night Owl ....... in vinyl! It was an 18th birthday present from a friend, *mumbles 44 years ago*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Some of you may remember Gerry Rafferty and the song "Baker Street". He was also a founding member of Stealers Wheel who played "Stuck In The Middle With You"

"Baker Street" came out in 1978 when I was just 14 and I remember it had a lot of play time on the radio.

I'm usually not a big fan of bands doing cover songs. There always seems to be something a little off and the vocals are just not up to par, but these kids are pretty damn good.

Here's the original -

This is the cover -

That was a masterful cover.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I do. As a bar band guitar player I played that song a Zillion times.

Guitar players of today can rip thru YouTube taught sweeps and taps....cool.

But get em in a band and say " Key of Bb" to a Whitney or ACDC or Taylor song? Can't play em, chord wise.

I've seen many phenomenal players who can rip leads but couldn't play 20-30 different songs each night.

top topics

join