It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think materials have paraphysical attributes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   
For example, we know silver has antibacterial properties. This is for the matter world. But what about other things? Have you ever seen any proof of effects of gold, silver, or any other materials do anything in the paraphysical world like healing someone's something (not by being anti-bacterial) which is not possible by ancient or modern medicine? Another for e.g., is there any proof of wearing gold does something not because "Oh the old Egyptians wore gold for this and that" and creates a placebo but something real that we can measure? (apart from physical effects like silver)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

I know a lot of people that swear by wearing copper bracelets and chains. There are even copper infused knee braces all used for arthritis and other joint pains.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Copper is a really strange metal I agree, especially with magnetic changes it behaves very weird.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Gemstones are known for their special properties.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It is highly likely that there are materials with paraphysical properties, however, there are people who believe that text on a page (or on a computer screen) has the same paraphysical properties.

In Reiki there are those who believe that they can heal people whose only interaction with them is a 'phone call (and a credit card payment).

So, separating actual effect from placebo levels will be an ongoing problem for those who want to believe in any particular association.

edit on 2024-01-07T13:04:45-06:0001Sun, 07 Jan 2024 13:04:45 -060001pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Like monoatomic gold or the like?

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   
A very small amount of copper dust in the mouth for anyone wishing to give up smoking or reduce food intake makes everything taste disgusting for ages.

Does that count?

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I absolutely believe quartz crystals may fit the paraphysical attributes because they have been proven to vibrate with a frequency. I use quartz crystals in my chakra and aura cleansing and spiritual healing.

We know so little about our bodies in relation to natural elements and it would be nice if scientists, as Tesla did, would take up new studies.
edit on q00000008131America/Chicago3939America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I knew a person who had a "Majic carpet"

Turn out to be a secondhand throw rug used in a meth house.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I absolutely believe quartz crystals may fit the paraphysical attributes because they have been proven to vibrate with a frequency. I use quartz crystals in my chakra and aura cleansing and spiritual healing.

But doesn't all matter have a measurable frequency in which it vibrates? Everything has this physical attribute.

What makes quartz's inherent physical characteristic more special than say the frequency a salt crystal or a glass of Ale 8 One ginger ale?

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: davegazi2point1

originally posted by: quintessentone

But doesn't all matter have a measurable frequency in which it vibrates? Everything has this physical attribute.

What makes quartz's inherent physical characteristic more special than say the frequency a salt crystal or a glass of Ale 8 One ginger ale?

It's a mystery to me, all I know it that it works for me either through actual vibrational frequency or the placebo effect.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Quartz is known to have a piezo effect where it produces a charge when put under pressure or squeezed. This can be seen is a spark.

Some mints when crunched with the teeth have been known to also spark due to the added crystals.

Brass and it's alloys (copper and bronze) are used for door knobs because it has antimicrobial properties.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   
When I was in high school, I used to go over and visit a buddy of mine at his girlfriend's house and her mother was big into crystals. One day he took me around the house and showed me his GF's mother's collection of crystals and went on and on about crystals and new-age BS as he took me on this tour. Now, he saved the best for last, a natural quartz crystal with gold flakes peppered throughout the inside.

He handed it to me and I took it with my left hand, the one I had fractured the year before, and I immediately felt an energy and it felt great when it was on where I injured my hand. I could only say "Wow" and rub it in circles on that area on my hand that I fractured. I was a total unbeliever and unwilling participant before I touched that amazing crystal and now, if I could find one like it, I'd buy it on the spot.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Drinking liquids from plastic bottles can have bad long term health effects.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I think neurons have paraphysical properties. They can manifest consciousness.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: montybd

The Hopi and Zuni of North America and the Tukano of South America harness the triboluminescence of quartz in rain ceremonies, banging crystals together to mimic lightning, or making rattles containing crystal fragments, which would flash . . .
www.cambridge.org... thic-at-dorstone-hill-herefordshire-and-the-wider-british-and-irish-context/178B889C1F0443CA2C02ECA6D8BE34DE

The crystals were transported to Dorstone Hill in the form of large crystals up to 4 inches long, possibly through a trading network that brought them from farther afield. An analysis of the crystal chips found suggests that the larger crystals were expertly "knapped" with the techniques used for flint (deliberately broken into smaller pieces) but the resulting fragments were not formed into tools afterward. Instead, many of the tiny chips were collected and deposited at structures on the site, especially over the burial mounds.

"The largest piece we have is 34 millimeters [1.3 inches] in length," Nick Overton said. The 337 fragments from Dorstone Hill represent the largest collection of worked rock crystal pieces ever found in Britain and Ireland; quartz rock crystal pieces have also been found at other Neolithic burial sites in Britain and Ireland, but they've mostly been overlooked before now.
www.intuitive-investigations.com...

The flashes and glows from knapping quartz could transform consciousness in the right setting.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

The flashes and glows from knapping quartz could transform consciousness in the right setting.

How so please explain and which setting?

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

My gran used to claim the same.

A lot of people with arthritis wear copper bracelets to reduce pain/inflammation.

Apparently, there's no scientific or medical evidence that copper bracelets offer any benefit but if the placebo effect works each to their own.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck
When I was in high school, I used to go over and visit a buddy of mine at his girlfriend's house and her mother was big into crystals. One day he took me around the house and showed me his GF's mother's collection of crystals and went on and on about crystals and new-age BS as he took me on this tour. Now, he saved the best for last, a natural quartz crystal with gold flakes peppered throughout the inside.

He handed it to me and I took it with my left hand, the one I had fractured the year before, and I immediately felt an energy and it felt great when it was on where I injured my hand. I could only say "Wow" and rub it in circles on that area on my hand that I fractured. I was a total unbeliever and unwilling participant before I touched that amazing crystal and now, if I could find one like it, I'd buy it on the spot.

I too feel immediate surges of energy when I handle my humble clear crystal. Now that you have described that crystal flaked with gold I want one.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Monder theoretically science tells us there is a lot we can not currently observe about our physical universe. So it only stands to reason that "materials" have properties beyond what we can observe in four detentional space/time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join