It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first ever sighting of a possible UFO.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I've been fascinated with UFO related things since I was a teenager. I'm now 58 years old and I've spent hours upon hours stargazing over the years. I desperately want to see something.
I do believe that there's something in the UFO phenomenon but I've never actually seen anything at all even remotely suspicious.
I've seen 'shooting stars', satellites etc and many aircraft.

I live in a town in North East England and the A1(M) runs about 1/2 mile away from where I live.
We are on the flight path to Newcastle airport and just a few miles north of Catterick Garrison and RAF Leeming.
I've been accustomed to seeing military flights, police helicopters, Air/Sea Rescue etc literally for as long as I can remember.

Like I said, I love stargazing and the last thing I do on a night is have smoke by the back door before going to kip.
I've spent hours watching, amazing at the shear expanse of it all and desperately hoping to see something.
All to no avail....until tonight.

So, as usual been out for a few pints with my mates, got dropped off by a taxi, hung my coat up and opened the door and lit a smoke up.
Lovely clear sky with no cloud cover and there was Orion just to my left.
I was staring at the sky having my cigarette and something caught my eye, a light up in the sky travelling from my left to right more or less adjacent to the A1(M). Not very fast at all but clearly moving.
Now there was no flashing lights or any of the signs I've become accustomed to seeing when an aircraft has been going through the sky.
Then all of a sudden it stopped dead.....and stayed motionless in the sky.

So I finished my smoke and continued watching it - nothing, just stayed in the same place.

After a few minutes without it moving I thought I must have imagined it and closed the door and went to bed.
Mrs Freeborn was sat reading in bed.
'Er indoors is a massive sceptic and thinks I'm a crank but I decided to relate to her what I'd seen.
When I'd finished she laughed and said lets go and have a look.

The light was still in the same place and she called me a dickhead and said I'd had too much to drink - which is an oxymoron.
We had another smoke and then noticed the light start moving again. It did more or less a full circle and then started moving northwards again at about the same speed it was moving before.
Then in an instant it accelerated, not at a ridiculously fast speed but far faster than any aircraft I've witnessed before.
Whatever it was changed direction a few times then once again proceed north at an even faster speed.

My wife was literally gobsmacked and said she never thought she see anything like that.

I don't know if it was an alien spaceship, some secret military craft or what.....but it was certainly the most strangest thing I've ever seen in the night sky.

I tried to take a few photos on my phone but they are all blurred or 'the thing' was stationery and just looks like a star or something.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that.....I have no idea what it was, but nothing like I've ever seen before.
edit on 6/1/24 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   
So you think you just spotted them? They spotted you two too. When you stare at them, they take it as an invitation to visit you at your home. They find it very attractive when you stare....

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

In 1966 I was at a drive-in movie theater and the movie was SO boring I was staring at the beautiful full moon-and the 'planet' next to it that was every bit as big. I found myself wondering if that was venus; at 16 years old I wasn't really up on the size of planets.

After 3/4 minutes of watching this 'second full moon' shot up nad to the left faster than I could blink and disappeared.

I told Dad about the strage moon the next day, and he had seen it too. I got my first leson in planets that day.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Something is going on. My cousin was up in Northern Wisconsin at his private land, deer hunting. He was sitting around his own private campfire when he said a massive spotlight shown down on the pines above him then was gone. In the morning he had a burn on his face. I saw his face and for the first time in my life I believed. He died last week of throat cancer. This is the first time I've ever mentioned this but felt like I needed to say something. He never mentioned what he thought it was but he's a genuine guy.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I honestly don't know what it was, but it was certainly nothing like I've seen before in the night sky.

The thought of aliens watching me doesn't scare me, in fact I wouldn't mind them whisking me off on a whistle stop tour of the local galaxy....as long as they kept their anal probing to themselves.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
So you think you just spotted them? They spotted you two too. When you stare at them, they take it as an invitation to visit you at your home. They find it very attractive when you stare....

You know the ones you are talking about are just gatekeepers, right?

They protect access to the waters (the heart gateway, or "ark or the covenant") and the understanding contained within it, so it cannot be accessed by those who are considered unworthy, or unready (those with fear in their heart)

Many Christians mistake them for "demons", when they are actually what Christians would refer to as "Seraphim", "burning ones" or "Illuminated"

Lights circling above the throne (the body which houses the individuals mind) shouting "Holy, Holy, Holy". Meaning they intentionally target pain, fear and impurities within the individual. To show them all the ways in which they are not Holy

They are not attracted to staring. They are interested in souls who seek to understand a greater truth about creation and the universe

And are willing to put in the time and effort to earn it. Those who will give up everything, including their own life if necessary, for the greater good

Those that "The secrets of the universe", or "secrets of the kingdom of heaven", need to earn it, and prove themselves worthy

They need to be prepared to face the darkest things in existence, on their own two feet, to prove the light within their own heart

Those who open their heart in wonder, seeking a greater understanding of the universe, are confronted with their deepest, darkest shortcomings as a test, asking "why do you think you deserve this?"

"If you can't find the light and beauty within your own heart here, yourself, why would we trust you with something greater?"

Confronted with a mirror to the darkness of their own heart, most are scared away, give up, or seek the safety and comfort of religion

"They" are only interested (attracted, as you said) to those who are willing to go through purge (purgatory), make amends however they need, and give up whatever they need give up, to become one who is considered "blameless"

It is the Egyptian heart weighed on the scales against a feather. With a crocodile-headed canine guarding the scales

They are not your enemy. Nor are they anything sinister, as you made them out to be

They will be as dark and disgusting, as the depths of your own heart

But, it is always your own heart being reflected

The lighter you are, the lighter they are. The darker you are, the darker they are

This is why they are referred to as the "burning ones", not the "cuddly friendly ones". Their purpose is to very literally burn all the darkness from an individuals soul, by forcing them to confront and experience that darkness over and over again, to whatever extent necessary, until they have dealt with it

"They" are no different to what is described as "the burning bush", who brought understanding to someone willing to go to the mountain, and experience everything they needed to, to obtain it

You either go through the process while you are alive (usually in your early 30's), to free yourself to then live the best life possible for yourself (a type of living heaven) whilst you are on this Earth

Or you go through it when you die

Which is supposed to be much, much more painful. Because it only allows you to heal your own soul, not the pain you caused others. Making it impossible to reconcile some parts of the darkness you caused (and left behind) in this world

Most importantly, passing on your own pains, fears and impurities to your children

"They" are not anything sinister or dark. Unless your carry such a darkness in your own heart

If you were visited by "them" you were being offered an opportunity to go through a type of purge within the mysteries

If you rejected this opportunity, or drove them away with something like religion? You gave up a truly amazing opportunity to experience and understand this world, and creation, in a way very few around you likely ever will
edit on 7 1 24 by Compendium because: Clarification

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I remember the excitement of my first encounter

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing

Where they in the direction of, or near the coast, or a body of water by any chance?

Also, what colour was it?

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

I'm about 15 miles or so inland from the north east coast of England.
It was slightly yellowish white in colour.
The light was only the size of the surrounding stars and I don't think I'm qualified to guess what altitude it was at but certainly not close to the ground and equally not at a great height.

It was more or less travelling in a North/North East path pretty much adjacent to the A1(M) which passes very close to where I live.

If it was some sort of craft I couldn't discern any noticeable shape or outline other than the light.

I'm fairly accustomed to seeing commercial and military aircraft at night along with Police, Air Ambulance and Air/Sea Rescue helicopters.
It was nothing like any of them.

Since I was a child I've been desperate to see 'something' but until now I have never seen anything I could call even slightly suspicious.
Just a shame I haven't got a clue what it was I saw?

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I had my very first sighting of a UFO in 1977 with my mother, sister and a schoolfriend. We were travelling to our ballet exams. My mum even stopped the car as we watched it and declared.... "that is no plane!". When we got home later that day, we told my father about it and he dismissed it as a plane. I remember my mum saying to dad, "no way it was a plane, Bob, this was something else!"
Imagine his surprise when the incident we witnessed, came up on the news later that evening, as it was also seen by a group of school children in a nearby school to where we were driving.
Here's a link:
Link
In the link you will see a map. We were travelling south on the A5025 from Amlwch to Benllech for our exams. We had just left Amlwch and to our right is a mountain/hill called Parys Mountain, which you have to drive over to get to Rhosybol where the other school children saw the 'craft'.
This 'thing' was like a large silver cigar case shape. If I extended my arm out as though to grab it, it was bigger than my hand, it was huge! I do not recall the dark dome on the top that the school children reported, neither did my mother, sister or friend. It was silent and wasn't travelling at any significant speed.
Anyway, the point being all 4 of us were exonerated by our dad when it got reported on the news

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   

If it moved along the coastline, and was unnatural in speed and movement, I have plenty of experience with "whatever it is". Hundreds of encounters over many years

To the point where I no longer needed to go down the coast at night to visit them

First time I saw one, I used the flashlight on my phone to try communicate with them in morse code

This, apparently, made me "interesting" to them

I wouldn't worry too much about trying to work out "what" you saw, if it is the same phenomena

I've seen one of these orbs around 2 metres in diameter, in full detail, directly in front of my face. And I still couldn't tell you "what" it is

It had a transparent external aura part, or halo, surrounding its centre, like clear egg white surrounding a yolk. The middle part looked like a ball of hundreds of thick strings, curving into and through each other, in a perfect geometric formation, like some type of flower of life, morphing in a way that the churning centre was constantly expanding outwards and contracting outwards at the same time

One of these orbs flew into me once, and "burst" over my body, which felt like a massive water balloon of super heavy water being burst over me. Except when it burst, the liquid crawled over me slowly, conforming to my body and enveloping me

It caused the left half of my body to seize up, and felt like having my half my conscious mind ripped from my body and turned inside out

Point is, that even if you saw phenomena like orbs up close, you still likely would not know who or what they are

Its fun to wonder and consider the possibilities

But some of these things remain very specially "strange" to us intentionally

visitedbythem is right about one thing. Once you get their attention, they are nearly impossible to get rid of

So maybe, don't try communicating with them if you see them again. Unless you want your life to get very interesting

And yes. The "probing" is very unpleasant. But it seems it is somehow necessary for some type of reverse sync, and establishing some type of medical connection or technology to your spine

In my case, I believe whatever it is they were doing, prevented me from developing cancer, and cured a spinal condition I had, which should have seen me paralysed

The reason I say this, is I experienced dimensional "probing" which connected some type of pulsating energy through my tailbone, into my spine. Along with experiences of physical procedures being carried out on the injury to my spine

I could feel them operating and drilling into my spine, as if I were awake. They had done something to me, so I could not feel any pain, but it was no less a horrible experience, because I could still feel the pressure and vibration of them drilling into my spine

Laying on my side, something I could not see, held my hand and told me to relax, as they kept operating

I think they needed me conscious for some reason

After a few tries to repair the damage to one of vertebrae, I had an experience where it felt like they replaced my spine completely

One of the strangest things I have ever felt. The sensation of my spine pulsating electrically, as if it was detached from my flesh

Then, I feel it slip downwards and out of my body, whilst another spine slips inwards from the top

Anyways, my point is. That these particular entities do not carry out medical procedures for fun

They do it for the benefit of those they are doing it to

I would likely not be here today, as healthy as I am, or standing on my feet, had I not endured their procedures

Our doctors sure as hell couldn't help me
edit on 7 1 24 by Compendium because: Added a word that was left out and made corrections

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I find stories like that fascinating Jane.

I can't express just how much I've wanted to see 'something' like what you describe and I don't think any close encounter of any kind would unduly scare me.

I've had a quick look at local reports and can't find any corroborating reports, which is a shame because as you point out it does gave a certain amount of validation to the story.

I'll continue gazing up at the night sky and hopefully one day I'll witness something more conclusive.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

That's a truly fascinating story.

For all our conceit and arrogance there is so much out there that is still beyond our comprehension.

The thought of any direct contact does not worry me but I suspect it would lead to more questions than answers.

edit on 7/1/24 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I've been fascinated with UFO related things since I was a teenager. I'm now 58 years old and I've spent hours upon hours stargazing over the years. I desperately want to see something.
I do believe that there's something in the UFO phenomenon but I've never actually seen anything at all even remotely suspicious.
I've seen 'shooting stars', satellites etc and many aircraft.

I live in a town in North East England and the A1(M) runs about 1/2 mile away from where I live.
We are on the flight path to Newcastle airport and just a few miles north of Catterick Garrison and RAF Leeming.
I've been accustomed to seeing military flights, police helicopters, Air/Sea Rescue etc literally for as long as I can remember.

Like I said, I love stargazing and the last thing I do on a night is have smoke by the back door before going to kip.
I've spent hours watching, amazing at the shear expanse of it all and desperately hoping to see something.
All to no avail....until tonight.

So, as usual been out for a few pints with my mates, got dropped off by a taxi, hung my coat up and opened the door and lit a smoke up.
Lovely clear sky with no cloud cover and there was Orion just to my left.
I was staring at the sky having my cigarette and something caught my eye, a light up in the sky travelling from my left to right more or less adjacent to the A1(M). Not very fast at all but clearly moving.
Now there was no flashing lights or any of the signs I've become accustomed to seeing when an aircraft has been going through the sky.
Then all of a sudden it stopped dead.....and stayed motionless in the sky.

So I finished my smoke and continued watching it - nothing, just stayed in the same place.

After a few minutes without it moving I thought I must have imagined it and closed the door and went to bed.
Mrs Freeborn was sat reading in bed.
'Er indoors is a massive sceptic and thinks I'm a crank but I decided to relate to her what I'd seen.
When I'd finished she laughed and said lets go and have a look.

The light was still in the same place and she called me a dickhead and said I'd had too much to drink - which is an oxymoron.
We had another smoke and then noticed the light start moving again. It did more or less a full circle and then started moving northwards again at about the same speed it was moving before.
Then in an instant it accelerated, not at a ridiculously fast speed but far faster than any aircraft I've witnessed before.
Whatever it was changed direction a few times then once again proceed north at an even faster speed.

My wife was literally gobsmacked and said she never thought she see anything like that.

I don't know if it was an alien spaceship, some secret military craft or what.....but it was certainly the most strangest thing I've ever seen in the night sky.

I tried to take a few photos on my phone but they are all blurred or 'the thing' was stationery and just looks like a star or something.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that.....I have no idea what it was, but nothing like I've ever seen before.

What do you think it was?

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
I had my very first sighting of a UFO in 1977 with my mother, sister and a schoolfriend. We were travelling to our ballet exams. My mum even stopped the car as we watched it and declared.... "that is no plane!". When we got home later that day, we told my father about it and he dismissed it as a plane. I remember my mum saying to dad, "no way it was a plane, Bob, this was something else!"
Imagine his surprise when the incident we witnessed, came up on the news later that evening, as it was also seen by a group of school children in a nearby school to where we were driving.
Here's a link:
Link
In the link you will see a map. We were travelling south on the A5025 from Amlwch to Benllech for our exams. We had just left Amlwch and to our right is a mountain/hill called Parys Mountain, which you have to drive over to get to Rhosybol where the other school children saw the 'craft'.
This 'thing' was like a large silver cigar case shape. If I extended my arm out as though to grab it, it was bigger than my hand, it was huge! I do not recall the dark dome on the top that the school children reported, neither did my mother, sister or friend. It was silent and wasn't travelling at any significant speed.
Anyway, the point being all 4 of us were exonerated by our dad when it got reported on the news

Rainbows
Jane

It's tricky amazing when you ask people and many will have some sort of experience with UFOs or even other mysterious events. It seems the unexplained and mysterious are well embedded in our culture.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NemesisB

I honestly have no idea....I just know it was like nothing I've ever witnessed before in the night sky and I certainly don't think it was any sort of natural phenomenon that I'm aware of.

Some sort of craft or Orb maybe?

I really wish I could be of more help.....I was sort of hoping some of the more informed members here could help with that?

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

If it wasn't for the colour it could have been a drone.

They can hover in the same place and have a characteristic steady way of moving. Not having a way of knowing the distance it could have been closer and being small, so the speed would not be that fast.

But one thing is sure, it was not identified.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I honestly have no idea....I just know it was like nothing I've ever witnessed before in the night sky and I certainly don't think it was any sort of natural phenomenon that I'm aware of.

Some sort of craft or Orb maybe?

I really wish I could be of more help.....I was sort of hoping some of the more informed members here could help with that?

Only the fact that it's something you haven't seen before in your entire life is very interesting. Did you try to ask the local authorities if any police helicopters or other aircrafts were in the area at that time and place? This way you will start excluding what it wasn't there.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Hi Freeborn, nice thread and welcome to the " sightings club "

What you observed sounds very similar to what i sighted some years ago. Here is the thread i posted at the time,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep looking.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Definitely not police/military/Air Sea/Air Ambulance helicopter.
They are regular sights where I live and they are pretty easy to recognise.

I'd never considered a drone but that would be most unusual and I'm not sure if they could manoeuvre or accelerate like this object did, but I wouldn't disconsider the possibility.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Now then mate.

That does seem strangely similar doesn't it.
I hope it returns like your object did.

Have you seen it since?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join