It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ecological Imperative Hypothesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's not only not inconceivable but seemingly most likely that contact with “ET” would result in new knowledge/science that would at least substantially improve the health of the planet, nature itself, prolonging sustainability for however long. If it ever can actually happen, in order to properly inform the public of the new eco-centric political paradigm being implemented, there must be (finally) proper education on the emergency of environmental TOXICITY and extinctions/depletions, that's on the level of clearly more importance, urgency even than climate change/global warming.

Be assured that, unlike a religious fanatic, I'm plenty aware of the difference between desire and hope and “certainty” of what precisely will actually transpire in the future. I believe the Second Law of Thermodynamics, the law of entropy, is something that with advanced enough science/technology can be at least greatly held off, reversed, but I don't claim to know it factually. I do know very much of the overall unexplained defies established physics in multiple ways, so I don't see how that couldn't be applied in the most useful and meaningful way. To me the real burden of proof is to the contrary.

Perhaps this, Contact-Disclosure etc is what consciously or not the recent (relative) openness in the media about (mere) unknowns in the sky is leading to. I would love the irony of the world actually being changed by a/the nonhuman presence not, or at least not so much, because of humanity's sinful-wicked ways, but because of the ecological imperative.

(Former name was Plunkenstein, which is the one I use on GLP, or when I'm not banned/shadow banned).

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grozzvian

Thank you, sorta, if you have taken notice of some of my more direct postings about what the ETs are bringing to us in their mandates for us to survive our own selves. If you came up with that hypothesis entirely on your own, congratulations, most mindsets cannot reach that far...yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 11:47 PM
link   
One fear of contact is how did that work out for the American Indians or Australian Aboriginals when faced with a more advanced species?

I don't know the exact ET situation, but it looks long and complex. Here on Earth the human form works well. Maybe there are some aliens fully good or bad, I see most of them in the gray zone like most of us doing what they can. There is something in life looking for a better way and seams to be working with technology making it this far. As for what becomes of this potential is up to all of us.

We are all going to die one day, what world do we leave behind?

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

The thing of it is that we humans are naturally going to only see ourselves and the balance of the universe from our personal perspective. That view is entirely wrong and naive from a cosmological viewpoint which the ETs undoubtedly have attained. The situation becomes rather complicated for us if not them. Are we the norm for a developing species of life needing outside help as we find our way or miscreants to be summarily dealt with? I suggest, since we still exist on this place, that we are being guided to more sustainable manners of interacting with our environment.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

One fear of contact is how did that work out for the American Indians or Australian Aboriginals when faced with a more advanced species?

Saying they were more "advanced" is a bit of a stretch. Some archeologists and ecologists have given evidence that the inhabitants of the America's (S, central and N America) had such control over the environments, and had such advanced agriculture that it had a global impact to the point when Europeans arrived and mass die off happened the sudden lack of stewardship over the land started the pre conditions for the Anthropocene, and even had a global impact from a sudden surge in regrowth of plant life in the Americas as well.

If a truly more advanced alien species came to earth and, let's pretend they weren't hostile, it might steer us towards a more outward approach to how we operate in terms of going outside our planet and returning earth to its more natural state. I mean, the further we get away from the industrial revolution the more we are seemingly repairing our home, the alien visitor might give us tech to finally become space travelers and find resources elsewhere.
But then there's the high probability they are hostile and want our planet for resources and kill us all... which is a much less complicated scenario since we will all be dead.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

There's no solid enough reason to suspect the Hollywood horror scenario will happen. In fact I'd wager big that they're smart enough to correctly factor in all the most primitive-paranoid minds within the Plan/Program with something similar enough to a Prime Directive.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If you want to get anyone on board with the problems of environmental toxicity, speak to China, speak to India, then speak to the USA. Without China & India getting on board there's really no point haranguing Americans & Europeans about these issues. Our environmental damage is like a fart in a tornado compared to China & India.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You mean, 'they' would just allow us to go about our business?

If they did come all this way it was for a purpose, we won't really know would we, until it happens.

From my imagination perspective, or just personal perspective (if I was in the shoes of the space travelers) I would be out there to find new worlds and new technologies, and new life, but I'm not going all that way without getting something out of it for my own species.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
If you want to get anyone on board with the problems of environmental toxicity, speak to China, speak to India, then speak to the USA. Without China & India getting on board there's really no point haranguing Americans & Europeans about these issues. Our environmental damage is like a fart in a tornado compared to China & India.

Exactly this.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka

I don't know the exact ET situation, but it looks long and complex. Here on Earth the human form works well. Maybe there are some aliens fully good or bad, I see most of them in the gray zone like most of us doing what they can. There is something in life looking for a better way and seams to be working with technology making it this far. As for what becomes of this potential is up to all of us.

We are all going to die one day, what world do we leave behind?

More advanced species??? Can't believe I read that....you must think they're 2/3rds human?? Please don't answer. I honestly thought you were going to talk about ancient encounters with Star beings, like the Hopi tribe for example.

Back to this thread, I'm super confused by an issue of ecology? The grammar is also brutal to read. What do you mean exactly OP?

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sendhelp

I don't think it's an accurate assessment that my grammar is allegedly "brutal." Seems it's clear enough for most people anyway. The "issue of ecology" is that the industrial world as we know it is too poisonous for any seriously long term sustainability, and there doesn't appear to be any humanly generated way out of inevitable environmental collapse. Whatever that amounts to no one knows.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Well if we adapt something like ET's zero point energy to everything that would solve a lot, if not all ecology issues. However it would also completely destroy the current global macro economy of fossil fuel energy and probably electricity too. It would also change logistics globally forever.

So much money is involved in all of this it would be a huge challenge to change everything over, if that were to happen one day.

If we ever get to this point I imagine there would be some excuse not to implement ET tech throughout society to protect the fossil fuel industry. Or it is very slowly implemented into society.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sendhelp

All going well we are on the verge of a new epoch for humanity and we will find a new way to live without money.

I know, I know but I can dream....

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Agreed on the basic truth that some (very major) places need more cleaning up than others, but there's also the REALLY scary s#*t like the huge number of uncapped gas and oil wells that doesn't really make the news. The overall task, to the extent it can be performed, is beyond gargantuan and by no means certain can be applied in an effective enough manner. However I believe it's worth a shot in the legitimately desperate measure sense.

new topics

top topics

join