It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw it - we are living in a virtual reality.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Reality: really It’s like Who’s line is it rules.

It’s all made up. Common sense is pointless.

Science… go #@$& yourself.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Forgive my obtuse humor.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
As crazy as this world is right now I am not surprised if it actually is.
Who expected Clown World?

Also this sounds like the same lady that I learn to play the Ukulele lessons on youtube?
edit on 12 30 23 by CataclysmicRockets because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

If this is a simulation, then are you admitting that you dont exist or nothing really exists. Just asking.

I find it interesting that a simulation would be allowed to understand that it is only a simulation. You would think they would have programmed out the ability for the simulation to figure out that it is all just a simulation.

Funny how it can't be a simulation because a simulation would never learn it was simulated.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Since it seems clear we are reasonably close to creating our own simulations, it stands to reason we could be thousands of iterations removed from base reality.

Heady stuff. But then I realize what difference does any of that make? I'm in THIS simulation and from my perspective it's the one that matters to me.

Try to enjoy life. Try to do something meaningful to improve your experience here...and to improve the experience of others. In my view, that's the objective of the game.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Of course it is a simulation.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Since it seems clear we are reasonably close to creating our own simulations, it stands to reason we could be thousands of iterations removed from base reality.

Heady stuff. But then I realize what difference does any of that make? I'm in THIS simulation and from my perspective it's the one that matters to me.

Try to enjoy life. Try to do something meaningful to improve your experience here...and to improve the experience of others. In my view, that's the objective of the game.

if this was truly a simulation, we need to put some serious effort into finding the reset switch. As a computer nerd, the very first thing you do when sh!t starts to act this wrong, is reboot.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Once we can resolve the individual Planck unit we may be able to determine if the holographic principle holds weight and give us a more precise understanding of the fundamental nature of the universe.

And the technology to do just that may only be a few years distant.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OmegaLogos

That’s the spirit!

Then look at the night sky and realize it’s all a lie.

Everything you see is from a different time. The nearest galaxies we see is what happened years ago. The furthest happened millions to billions of years ago.

And we are seeing them all at the same time right now!

We are literally seeing the impossible.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Aye, the cheat codes or operation manual might be nice, and a reboot may indeed be in order.

But here is something to ponder.

If indeed our reality is holographic or a simulation.

And we did manage to somehow be able to turn off the simulation.

Who/what would be there to turn reality back on again?

Guess that may be where the likes of God/creator come into play.
edit on 31-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   

We basically need to Control Alt delete the whole globe right now. It’s becoming too clownish for my taste.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I have wracked my noodle over the nature of light for a while. I consider it as a wave that moves through a sea of electrons at this time. When getting into the optics of lens, the wave follows the path of least resistance. With all the stars we see at night, The relative positions might be off a bit in spots. We won't really know until we send something there that makes it.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

We basically need to Control Alt delete the whole globe right now. It’s becoming too clownish for my taste.

perhaps if you just tried to dress the part? Put on some big red shoes and the nose and see how you feel.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Funny how it can't be a simulation because a simulation would never learn it was simulated.
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3
I don't believe there are any limitations on running a simulation. Except for how much computer power you have. You could run a simulation just to see how long it takes the simulated, to figure out it is simulated.

If you have enough computer power, you could create a AI/human consciousness within a reality, and let it run, it does what it does, and doesn't do what it doesn't do.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: 38181

perhaps if you just tried to dress the part? Put on some big red shoes and the nose and see how you feel.

Yes! I could identify as a clown and once I put on silly clothes and makeup, it is undeniable that I am a clown! No need for surgery or hormone therapy and a transition period, put on the outfit and makeup and "TAH DAHHH!" I'm a clown.

Of course, I might want to attend clown college, but an Ivy League education is too costly for me to afford.

If I could afford clown college, I could specialize in a clown subgroup like Fool or Jester and have more appeal to the elite crowd. After graduating Clown World University, I could even see a career as a politician.
edit on 12/31/2023 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: loam

if this was truly a simulation, we need to put some serious effort into finding the reset switch. As a computer nerd, the very first thing you do when sh!t starts to act this wrong, is reboot.

They did that already. It’s called the Younger Dryas.

We need another one.

edit on 31-12-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A simulation? Interesting word to use I suppose. It suggests that this would be a simulation created by a simulator rather than the simulated or, us. Are we part of the simulation or are we maybe at least somewhat free inside this simulation. I think we would have to be at least somewhat free to move around and think around inside a simulation otherwise we would have no chance at even guessing that we live inside a simulation.

The word simulation is now in kind of popular usage in describing this philosophical idea. To me it sounds a lot like the idea that has come from religions and philosophies from around the world and throughout time. Simulation sounds like that old mantra that it is all illusion. Sound familiar?

In my own considerations of this idea I concluded that even if it is all an illusion this doesn't mean it isn't real

Dropping that down to what really matters, I agree with Loam who pointed out above

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Happy Hogmanay ya bunch of filthy simulated animals.

And "Lang may yer lum's reek"
edit on 31-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2024 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Wise words!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join