It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on posting links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hi, I'm new here. Or rather, my old account stopped working and I re-registered.

I have a question about posting links. I sometimes post links that are relevant to a topic or someone asked specifically about something. I started reading the Terms and didn't get through it due to all the legalese and I did not see a section on posting links.

1. Is there a limit to links we post?
2. Can we post short links? Those are sometimes banned on some sites.
3. Can we post links to storage sites like OneDrive or Dropbox? Some of the material I share is there. I do not share copyrighted works. The Branton files is all I share as he specifically wanted people to share it and copy it.

I have no intention to post referral links, links to spam or questionable websites. I grew up with spam in email and Usenet and I detest spam.

Thank you.
edit on 30-12-2023 by Jgreen because: Clarify questions.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jgreen

I'm not a Mod so I may be wrong, but if it's relevant to the thread, [ sources, quotes etc ] ... you should be fine.

As long as you're not trying to promote your business or yourself, like links to your own Youtube channel, I think you'll be ok.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Answers are in the Ts n Cs you agreed to as a new member. Plz read...

Welcome✌️

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The mods don't have time to check all posts and links. They rely on members to report something inappropriate. As long as the links are not objectionable or unsavoury you should be ok. Also I remember one of the mods a few year back writing a short readable t&c's for members that wanted clarity. Maybe search for that and WB.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No specific limit on number of links, but I'd be mindful too many in a single post will discourage people from reading them all. Please provide a short synopsis of the pertinent material at the link. If you're quoting, include the quote in 'ex' tags to identify it as coming from an external source. Dropbox links are ok, short links are not as they mask the source. Hope that helps.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

As for your old account
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and resetting
www.abovetopsecret.com...

join