It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Banned From A States Ballot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Not taking either side here.

I just saw the breaking news that Donald Trump has been banned from appearing on Maine's Presidential Ballot.

I think this is wrong. For any candidate, Republican, Democrat, no matter the party. This is just wrong, In my opinion.

So a question popped into my tiny little brain...

Even if a person is banned from appearing on a ballot, could you still write them in? Could they win by write in votes?

I have no idea and wanted to bring it up to the great minds here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: elevatedone

Holy crap you decided to be a part of the community.

Even if a person is banned from appearing on a ballot, could you still write them in? Could they win by write in votes?

No. If a candidate is ineligible, then even a write in cannot be counted.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, that's just wrong as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

So someone that is under 35 or not a Natural Born Citizen should be allowed on the ballot?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Not saying that.

If you meet all the requirements to be president, you should be allowed on the ballot.

This is nothing but more attacks from one party to prevent another party from becoming president. IMO.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Not participating in an insurrection is a requirement to be President.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This is even crazier than Colorado Supreme Court ruling. Maines Democratic Secretary of State determined that Trump can’t be on ballot.

Not only Election interference it looks like voter intimidation to me. 1 democrat saying you can’t vote for Trump.

If this is allowed Texas should boot Biden off the ballot for his border shenanigans.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Karma.

Trump tried to remove Obama under the 14th Amendment eligibility. He was saying he was not eligible to be president because of Trump's birth certificate lies. That did not need a conviction. He was just saying he is disqualified. Automatically.

Karma strikes back.

Only this time for an actual traitorous coup attempt.

edit on 28-12-2023 by SharpyMoyron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Enduro

The decision is stayed until it works its way through the courts.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Not participating in an insurrection is a requirement to be President.

Also a statute offense where a conviction of "beyond reasonable doubt" is required....

+7 more 
link   

originally posted by: SharpyMoyron
Karma.

Trump tried to remove Obama under the 14th Amendment, Section 3. He was saying he was not eligible to be president because of Trump's birth certificate lies. That did not need a conviction. He was just saying he is disqualified. Automatically.

Karma strikes back.

Oh was Obama kept of any ballots? Didn’t think so

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SharpyMoyron

So Obama was ineligible then....?

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Karma.

Trump tried to remove Obama under the 14th Amendment eligibility. He was saying he was not eligible to be president because of Trump's birth certificate lies. That did not need a conviction. He was just saying he is disqualified. Automatically.

Karma strikes back.

And that failed legally right? Like these will fail ROFLOLz

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enduro

Karma.

Trump tried to remove Obama under the 14th Amendment, Section 3. He was saying he was not eligible to be president because of Trump's birth certificate lies. That did not need a conviction. He was just saying he is disqualified. Automatically.

Karma strikes back.

Oh was Obama kept of any ballots? Didn’t think so

No, because Trump lied and it didn't go anywhere.

This time there is evidence of an insurrection and two courts even decided he did participate in it.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Where in the 14th Amendment does it say a conviction is required? Is "Accessory to insurrection" also a statute? I mean the amendment does state it also applies to those that have aided participants in insurrection.

+10 more 
link   

Why are they doing this if Biden won honestly with more than 7 million votes?

+4 more 
link   
a reply to: SharpyMoyron

This time there is evidence of an insurrection and two courts even decided he did participate in it.

Link to the trial please......?

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey

Karma.

Karma strikes back.

And that failed legally right? Like these will fail ROFLOLz

No, it failed spectacularly. Becuase it was all made up lies.

These people are actually using the constitution to remove him because his organizing a coup qualifies.

But it's the same amaendment that he tried to use. That is why it's funny karma strikes back.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Nice try.

I was speaking in generalizations. Obviously, we know it's happening now, it's Trump and Biden.

Let's ask and answer my question without assuming we're talking about Trump and Biden.

posted on Dec, 28 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Where in the 14th Amendment does it say a conviction is required? Is "Accessory to insurrection" also a statute? I mean the amendment does state it also applies to those that have aided participants in insurrection.

Also covered by the statute:

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18 USC 2383

It is required because it is a statutory offense......

Or can I call you a felon and now you can't vote?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join