It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycotts Against Israel in the US Can Be Punishable By Law

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I boycott coca cola , Hershey, Budweiser and a handful of other brands. Who do I hate??

Don't be cute with me . Those are Brands / Corporations with corporate interest.

I know in Pure context " Boycott " is an innocent word , But this whole thing with Israel is nothing but Passive Aggressive Hate . It's right there just beneath the surface . People are just cowards , to scared to come out with it They hide behind Mask and temporary accounts on social media sites.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Here's my question. How exactly do you boycott a country?

I'm genuinely curious what that actually means.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Don't be cute with me . Those are Brands / Corporations with corporate interest.

I know in Pure context " Boycott " is an innocent word , But this whole thing with Israel is nothing but Passive Aggressive Hate . It's right there just beneath the surface . People are just cowards , to scared to come out with it They hide behind Mask and temporary accounts on social media sites.

You're the one who made the statement that boycott means hate, and there's nothing wrong with wanting you to explain that statement or expand on the meaning.

For the record, I don't disagree with you on the topic of people hating Israel deep down and not having the balls to just admit it.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

There's nothing cute about being forced to do business with anyone if you're truly an American and understand our history and foundations.

you mean like a Christian who owns a Bakery being forced to make a Cake for an LGBTQ wedding ?

Boycotting equals hate? Is that what black people were expressing when they stopped riding the buses?

From a certain point of view yes , They were expressing their Hatred for the way they were being treated .

Like I said earlier , All of this Anti-Israel BS is just Passive Aggressive Hatred . Israel is Fighting a War and Defending themselves and also they are Solving an unfortunate Problem just like countless other nations have done over the history of this Planet .

The Difference is ....They are Jewish .
edit on 26-12-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The difference is their influence, especially in the US.

You can't search anymore for dual citizenship politicians, but if the Obama administration and the 112th Congress are any indication of dual loyalties, just check out the list from 2018:

112 CONGRESS (2018)

THE US SENATE

Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Benjamin Cardin (D-MD)
Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Al Franken (D-MN)
Herb Kohl (D-WI)
Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Joseph Lieberman (Independent-CT)
Carl Levin (D-MI)
Bernie Sanders (Independent-VT)
Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Ron Wyden (D-OR)
Michael Bennet (D-CO)

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Gary Ackerman (D-NY)
Shelley Berkley (D-NV)
Howard Berman (D-CA)
Eric Cantor (R-VA)
David Cicilline (D-RI)
Stephen Cohen (D-TN)
Susan Davis (D-CA)
Ted Deutch (D-FL)
Eliot Engel (D-NY)
Bob Filner (D-CA)
Barney Frank (D-MA)
Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ)
Jane Harman (D-CA)
Steve Israel (D-NY)
Sander Levin (D-MI)
Nita Lowey (D-NY)
Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)
Jared Polis (D-CO)
Steve Rothman (D-NJ)
Jan Schakowsky (D-IL)
Allyson Schwartz (D-PA)
Adam Schiff (D-CA)
Brad Sherman (D-CA)
Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
Henry Waxman (D-CA)
Anthony Weiner (D-NY Currently in Prison)
John Yarmuth (D-KY)

And that’s just the Democrats! I’m sure the Republicans are just as bad if not worse, but it seems harder to find information on them.

Here’s an explanation of how this used to not be allowed, then the law was changed, and also points out many big-name dual citizenship holders in the Bush and Clinton administrations: www.viewzone.com/dualcitizen.html

Why is this allowed?

It is not allowed for regular US citizens to have dual citizenship, is it? (Actually, Italians who can prove their lineage, can become Italian citizens, for example.)

I think this type of thing is allowed because “Israel first” Zionists essentially own our government, which is because the Rothschilds own the central banking system and have money creation powers and they promote Zionism. So you play by their rules, or you don’t get big money access. This is why most industry monopolies are headed by Zionists. It’s not a random chance thing that the tops of most all industries are super gung-ho about Israel. This is also why they get the most aid, and why they have the biggest lobbying groups.

And to be clear, I’m not talking about Jews, half of whom reject zionism. I’m talking about the ideological belief system, that says the Israeli government deserves to own Mt. Zion, aka that Palestine needs to be removed and regional security for Israel needs to be ensured in the middle east. Obama is a Zionist, Biden is a Zionist. Bush is a Zionist. So is Hillary, and Trump, as their AIPAC speeches showed quite clearly.

These big bankers need to stop being able to pull everyone’s strings, but that won’t stop until people realize their money creation abilities are based on legal narratives that come from false hopes and the false appearance of authority.

The government should be able to create its own money, not borrow from a private bank in a debt-based money creation system where there will always, mathematically, be more debt owed than money exists, which gives them power over the government because they are the debt collectors.

The whole thing is an absurd farce to anyone who sees the truth of it.

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” – Henry Ford
conservative-headlines.org...

That was the lineup in 2018. 89 representatives serving two masters with the distinct possibility that certain legislation and decisions we're made with Israel's interests ahead of the US.

I'm sure not much has changed, just some of the names and positions we're swapped out overtime. You can try to find dual citizenship status for reps after 2018, but I couldn't find anything.

What about dual citizenship governors and state officials? Surely you can't expect one to be as naive to think they'd stop with Congress. 🤷🏻

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

Here's my question. How exactly do you boycott a country?

I'm genuinely curious what that actually means.

Took me literally 2 minutes to look it up. Here's a fresh list: kpmg.com...

US Treasury seems to know how, ask them.
edit on 26-12-2023 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   

woah man, I only hate Muslims and Arabs, especially Palestinians. Every Jew tells me this is ok. Otherwise I worship Jews as my masters and seek to curry favor with furry faced white/brown/black/Korean sky man. Can you waive my kosher taxes and make sure I get my $1.20 in accumulated extra cost over the year back in its own printed check?

To be fair though, I only ever see made in Israel at the mall in those little booths, and its usually some hand carved figures or scene in olive wood and soaps and moisturizers. Not really my market. I like UZI's. Israel should sell us some more UZI's, those have always worked really nice.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

What about Grandpa who only wants to buy made in America, not have for others but just wants to support his own?

Can someone decide not to buy stuff made in China?

Not everything is black and white. There are people out there capable of nuance and it doesn’t just boil down to hating Jews.

How is this different than other entities just jumping to racism because they don’t like someone’s conclusion?

People have different reasons for their opinions. And it’s not fair to just reduce them to being antisemitic or racist.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So the anti-boycott was designed originally back in the 1970s and I think John McCain authored it.

The EAA's regulations prohibit U.S. companies from implementing a foreign country's boycott policies when those policies violate U.S. policies.

So what was happening was countries would boycott another country and then tell companies they needed to boycott too if they wanted to do business in their country. It did start with the ME boycotting Israel and then saying everyone else needs to also even if it violates U.S. policies.

In a way, it protects companies from being strong-armed into supporting the agendas of foreign countries.

I'm not sure how you all took this to mean if you decide not to buy something from Israel you might go to jail. You can buy or not buy from anyone you want that isn't on the no-buy list from the US government.

edit on x31Wed, 27 Dec 2023 08:47:43 -06002023360America/ChicagoWed, 27 Dec 2023 08:47:43 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I'm not sure how you all took this to mean if you decide not to buy something from Israel you might go to jail. You can buy or not buy from anyone you want that isn't on the no-buy list from the US government.

But you can't do business with the state if you boycott Israel. What other countries hold such unconstitutional sway in the US? Why only 37 states? The other 13 are in violation then??

It's not even consistent, it's more preferential really, like it should be. However, if it's punishable by law, it's neither preferential or Constitutional, considering equal protection under the law and what not.
edit on 27-12-2023 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What about Grandpa who only wants to buy made in America, not have for others but just wants to support his own?

Can someone decide not to buy stuff made in China?

Not everything is black and white. There are people out there capable of nuance and it doesn’t just boil down to hating Jews.

How is this different than other entities just jumping to racism because they don’t like someone’s conclusion?

People have different reasons for their opinions. And it’s not fair to just reduce them to being antisemitic or racist.

Like I said the word ' Boycott' in context is innocent enough . But it's my opinion that in this instance it's just a passive aggressive way of saying hate . Perhaps I'm wrong and I'll accept it if I am and move along with more wisdom.

and you're right people are completely entitled to their opinions .

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

That was the lineup in 2018. 89 representatives serving two masters with the distinct possibility that certain legislation and decisions we're made with Israel's interests ahead of the US.

That is some interesting information mate for sure .

But I do wonder how long the list is For the 'Saudi Royal Family '? How much influence do they peddle ?

Or ohhh What about the list for the "Chinese Communist Party ' ? One can only imagine how many Senators and Representatives they have in their pocket.

But the interesting part is I'm talking about Jewish people in Israel , and you're on about the Jews who run the Global Banking system ......
edit on 27-12-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

But the interesting part is I'm talking about Jewish people in Israel , and you're on about the Jews who run the Global Banking system ......

Sorry, but you're going to have to explain to me the difference, I'm kinda stupid like you seem to think I am. Take note however, that I'm not talking about every Jewish person is running some portion of the global central banks, so just don't..

And..

Yes, I am talking about the same people and country, not the Saudis or the Chinese as they do not overwhelming hold positions in our government with dual citizenship status, but by all means, deflect away to your hearts content!

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Sorry, but you're going to have to explain to me the difference, I'm kinda stupid like you seem to think I am. Take note however, that I'm not talking about every Jewish person is running some portion of the global central banks, so just don't..

I never said every Jew was involved in the banking system so lets not start with the Hyperbole. Also you are far from stupid and I never insinuated that you were stupid so again lets not with the Hyperbole.

Yes, I am talking about the same people and country, not the Saudis or the Chinese as they do not overwhelming hold positions in our government with dual citizenship status, but by all means, deflect away to your hearts content!

I get it mate , but just because they hold duel citizenship does not make them some sort of foreign agent . It is very common for Jewish Americans to travel to Israel at some point and acquire Duel Citizenship . It's information that is widely available hence the list you provided.

What is not widely available is the list of Representatives taking money from the CCP , the Saudi Royal Family and or in bed with Ukraine etc etc etc .

I'm not scared of Jewish people mate and It is honestly a recent understanding that so many people are .
edit on 27-12-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Can you quote the actual law or laws. What’s the official listing of the statutes.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Anti-boycott

The anti-boycott laws are a set of regulations in the EAR that essentially prohibit U.S. companies from complying with aspects of other countries’ boycotts that the U.S. does not support. Boycott is another name for export controls or embargoes administered by other countries. The regulations were implemented to prevent U.S. business from participating directly or indirectly in the Arab League’s boycott of Israel. The Arab League’s boycott has lessened over the years, but still remains in effect in some countries. These laws are enforced by BIS, and more specifically by the Office of Anti-boycott Compliance (OAC). The applicable regulations are at 15 C.F.R. § 760.

www.tradecompliance.pitt.edu...#:~:text=The%20anti%2Dboycott%20laws%20are,embargoes%20administered %20by%20other%20countries.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I bet you’re right that many of them do have passive aggressive or outright hateful intent. But I just don’t think we should change policy purely for them if it affects others too.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I never said every Jew was involved in the banking system so lets not start with the Hyperbole.

Neither did I! I simply highlighted portions of the article that are considered antisemitic but are in fact the truth of things. Hence, your sycophantic deflecting is insulting my intelligence and anyone else who has two neurons to rub together. It's widely known and proven.

I get it mate, but just because they hold duel citizenship does not make them some sort of foreign agent.

Sure, innocent until proven guilty. I stand on that myself, wholeheartedly.

It is very common for Jewish Americans to travel to Israel at some point and acquire Duel Citizenship.

For what reason exactly? Because by the list I provided, it seems more mandatory than common.

What is not widely available is the list of Representatives taking money from the CCP, the Saudi Royal Family and or in bed with Ukraine etc etc etc.

So respin it again, huh?🙄 Although true, you have a sitting (napping mostly) president and his skid stain of a son that are on the take. Probably STILL working deals as we speak. The Saudis know he's a joke and he's literally in bed with Ukraine like every taxpayer in this country!! So..

I'm not scared of Jewish people mate and It is honestly a recent understanding that so many people are .

"Jewphobia"? Really???

Is that like "homophobia", where everyone is supposedly terrified of degenerate immorality going mainstream? It has nothing to do with fear. It's just a manipulative guilt trip for people who don't know how to actively listen.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

Can you quote the actual law or laws. What’s the official listing of the statutes.

Perhaps if had more than the three minutes you gave me before you posted it yourself.🙄 Thanks all the same.

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

But you can't do business with the state if you boycott Israel. What other countries hold such unconstitutional sway in the US? Why only 37 states? The other 13 are in violation then??

It's not even consistent, it's more preferential really, like it should be. However, if it's punishable by law, it's neither preferential or Constitutional, considering equal protection under the law and what not.

There are federal laws, so the state laws are just mirroring the federal ones, and in the other 13 states, the federal ones are still in effect. Israel is just a prime example since that is the one country that the ME has worked to boycott in the past and that is not aligned with US policy. Try and boycott England too and you get the same treatment.

This has nothing to do with the Constitution as the US Government has said if US companies want to boycott other countries they will be held accountable if such boycotts violate U.S. policies. Pretty easy to understand.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join