It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Just looking at the extended forecast for my area and it looks like we're going to have a very mild Winter. Today the high is going to be 66 and tomorrow, Christmas Day, it's going to be 60. It's going to stay in the high 30s to mid 40s all through February.

All I can think to say is Thank You !!

Look, I don't want a white Christmas.
I don't want to go dashing through the snow and I don't want to see tree tops glisten.

I don't want ice and snow. You know why ?

Ice and snow are like that hot crazy ex. Beautiful to look at but a pain in the ass to deal with.

If you want a white Christmas, with fresh snow on Christmas morning glinting like a blanket of jewels in the Sun, I hope you get your wish.

.......as long as you don't live near me.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Your title isn't very DEI...

...but I completely agree with your OP.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
35/37 degrees Celsius
Be drinking a few cold beers down the beach after lunch of cold meat, chicken and salads
Be plenty of ice ream, water melon and the plum pudding with custard, hopefully cold
35c is hot though, not what we would consider uncomfortable , it’s actually good beach weather
Snow, can’t say we see that stuff this part of the globe (or flat), don’t think I would like it either

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

57° and 30% rain in my area. Been hearing a lot of chatter about el niño this year.

edit on 24-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I'm not dreaming of a white Christmas either , 50 here with a chance of rain tomorrow .... HoHoHo.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

right there with you. I grew up in Cleveland, and when I came to NC, nobody had snow shovels. I decided to stay. Lord knows I wouldn't want to be some shmuck who shovels his roof or some such nonsense.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

It was 68 degrees at 6:00PM on 12-23-2023 in South Carolina. We sat outside with out pets on the upper deck and had a few sodas.

I still love the snow.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I live in the south west of England were the Christmas weather tends to mild and wet. The seasonal weather I remember from my childhood tended to be cold and sunny. There is even an old saying that if the sun touches the branches of the orchards on Christmas day the summer will be long and hot.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This will be the first time in this area that there won't be snow on Christmas day. I did see Christmas eve without snow a couple of years in the past, but never bare ground on Christmas day. When I lived in Sheboygan Wisconsin one year, there was no snow on Christmas day around there, but not in this part of the U.P of Michigan..Marquette nor Houghton Counties.

I love that I do not need to plow or shovel snow. We had a little on the ground so far, but it is gone again. I will not complain if it does not come back till after the New Year. I have saved over fifty bucks or more in gas in the plow truck already compared to the last five years here.

But I know that this is just a temporary thing, we are not that lucky to have a whole nice winter.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I am north of Detroit, it’s 43 with the worst fog I could see, I really could not see! 👀

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It’s 50F here in da frozen tundra of Wisconsin. Supposed to get rain later. Works for me. I’m driving about 60 miles north to my sister’s house, so I don’t want to deal with ice and snow, since it’s all country two lane roads to get to where she lives in the boonies.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Just looking at the extended forecast for my area and it looks like we're going to have a very mild Winter. Today the high is going to be 66 and tomorrow, Christmas Day, it's going to be 60. It's going to stay in the high 30s to mid 40s all through February.

All I can think to say is Thank You !!

Look, I don't want a white Christmas.
I don't want to go dashing through the snow and I don't want to see tree tops glisten.

I don't want ice and snow. You know why ?

Ice and snow are like that hot crazy ex. Beautiful to look at but a pain in the ass to deal with.

If you want a white Christmas, with fresh snow on Christmas morning glinting like a blanket of jewels in the Sun, I hope you get your wish.

.......as long as you don't live near me.

I don't prefer a drought...

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
56 and rain in Indianapolis. 60s yesterday. Temps supposed to drop in the next few days. I like the change of seasons and snow especially at Christmas. But this weather keeps the heat pump from constantly running, and makes driving more pleasant so I'm enjoying it. I have no doubt bitter cold and snow will be coming. We often get the worst of the winter weather in March.

new topics

top topics

join