It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional "Hush Fund" and Rape Culture of DC Politicians.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Since 1997, the Office of Congressional Workplace Rights has paid out $18.2 million to settle 291 cases of workplace disputes for Congress, the Capitol Police, the Architect of the Capitol, and the Library of Congress.

When news first broke of the settlement account, Congress was accused of having a veritable #MeToo slush fund to secretly pay off victims of sexual harassment. Reports surfaced that then-Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) negotiated a secret settlement with a female staffer who accused him of sexual misconduct, and the 88-year-old quickly resigned from Congress.

It turns out Conyers’ Congressional office budget paid out his sexual misconduct settlement, meaning that total wasn’t even included in the multi-million-dollar “slush” fund’s reported total.

Slowly, it has emerged that the fund, appropriated annually by Congress, includes payouts for workplace safety and pay disputes, in addition to sexual harassment claims, though many specifics are not reported.

Until June 18 of fiscal year 2018, two Senator’s offices and five House member’s offices had claims filed against them. An additional House member’s office had a case filed against it from June 19 through December 2019, out of the total 20 filed. Though 32 allegations of “Sex/Gender/Pregnancy” discrimination were filed in FY2018 and 28 were filed in FY2019, it is not known if those types of discrimination or harassment cases were against congressional offices or other offices under the fund.

A 2019 report noted 16 employees were paid a total of $600,363 in settlements, and while 20 claims were filed, just 16 appear to have been filed by protected class: three under “Sex/Gender/Pregnancy,” three under “National Origin,” four under “Disability,” and six under “Race/Color.”

After 23 years and $18 million in payouts from the Workplace Rights office, it seems like taxpayers might have a right to know more details.

PASTE HERE

2021 imagine what has happened under o'biden...

Not good.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

I wouldn't be surprised if that's where a lot of that Sea Turtle Grant money is headed.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   
People with power, money and influence will always seek out that which they do not have or control. Taboo ideas and actions for them is the next challenge.

A sick and perverse group with no morals or a brake for their needs.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Sadly this is what we get to know, I am sure that is more secret funds using taxpayer funds for more nefarious purposes.

Politicians are like leaches; they will suck up every hard-working dollar out of the taxpayer any way they can as long as their on money is not touch.

Paying for briberies nothing more and nothing else that is what we are paying for.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Darn dirty horny goats old farts, how despicable, they are just despicable.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

We have been waiting since 2017, to see more transparency.

Six years later, and nothing except Russia Russia Russia, not a peep about the hush fund of Politicians, like Pelosi, you can bet she's on that list. It is not all dirty old men...

This list is probably identical, to Epsteins. Very close if not.

Time to stay focused on the Politicians, not who they accused falsely.

I want to see the names.

Also for the record, there is no such thing as a "protected class" under American laws;

House member’s office had a case filed against it from June 19 through December 2019, out of the total 20 filed. Though 32 allegations of “Sex/Gender/Pregnancy” discrimination were filed in FY2018 and 28 were filed in FY2019, it is not known if those types of discrimination or harassment cases were against congressional offices or other offices under the fund.

A 2019 report noted 16 employees were paid a total of $600,363 in settlements, and while 20 claims were filed, just 16 appear to have been filed by protected class: three under “Sex/Gender/Pregnancy,” three under “National Origin,” four under “Disability,” and six under “Race/Color.”

Since 2017

For people to be equal, no one, can be above another;

On the Constitutional Prohibition Against Titles of Nobility
wunschlaw.com...
Section 9 of the Constitution reads: “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States…” Section 10 reads: “No State shall…grant any Title of Nobility.” Thus, both federal and state governments are prevented from conferring a Title of Nobility upon any of its citizens. These are not only laws, they’re constitutional ...

What exactly is a "title of nobility" under the US Constitution?
law.stackexchange.com...
Titles of Nobility confer legal privileges. Titles of Nobility in U.K. law at the time the U.S. Constitution was adopted in 1789, among other things, conferred immunity to a trial by an ordinary jury and instead gave rise to a jury of one's peers (i.e. other nobles of the same rank or higher) if one was charged with a crime

Politicians are not Nobilty, they may fancy themselves as such, but America was founded to get away from Monarchs.

Not the insect that flies either, Monarchy of Nobilty.
Yet we see too many of these "elected" officials staying in position for decades over a lifetime.

Who makes careers, to get rich politics?

Harry Truman — ‘Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.’.

Not only are they getting rich off off taxpayers, they are misappropriating tax payed funds, to settle sexual criminal cases...why are we not pushing the media to uncover that?

Because the media is beholden to corrupt career parasite politicians, who are in violation of Smith Mundt Act.
It needs to be re-enacted, or media will always be a mockingbird...

edit on 15-4-2024 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I wonder how many of the pay outs are from complain or deeds done in Epstein Island, I would love to know about that, is remarkable how the elite in the US cover their butts from all the dirty laundry they protect each other regardless of party lines, but at the same time they get blackmailed, I am sure.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   

If it wasn't for double standards, they would have no standards at all.

Yeah, scary how this has been ongoing since 1995, and still no word as of 2017...

"Optics" or politic speak for perspective, is worse than looks.

🙄

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Is blackmailing, what else could be, I do not mind a fund for sexual discrimination and race, but for sexual harassment and pregnancy? really give me a darn break.

Are we paying for abortions for the top feeders too?

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 03:46 AM
link   

That's a very likely possibility, that the system would be abused by even the richest of people, who care more about money than human life. Typical politican & ignorant sheeple.

I find it amazing that every one who is for abortion, has already been born.

Perhaps they should stand by their conviction, and self abort. The left doesn't seem to think there's any thing wrong with late term...so what's stopping them from doing so?

Seriously, all those people who are so gung ho abortion, can just self abort themselves.

How about take responsibility for adult acts, like sex, and the responsibility of safe sex or being an adult and raising the child. After all, those of us reading this, had pro life parents.

I know that much, because ya'll are reading this.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Speaking of legalized child murder, there was a thread about how much money was being made from baby parts.

Seems like it was buried in the threads of time.
But it wasn't too long ago that it was posted.

Things get buried faster when it breaks the narrative mold.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join