It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Mars helicopter finds 'otherworldly' wreckage on the surface of the Red Planet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Utter clickbait!

It’s the NASA craft they new was there… they didn’t "find" anything.

This is utter bull# journalism.

It’s being posted all over Twitter. Makes me want to cuss.

Here is the express article spawning this crap.

NASA's Mars helicopter finds 'otherworldly' wreckage on the surface of the Red Planet

NASA's Ingenuity helicopter - dubbed the Marscopter - took incredible photos of the wreckage on the surface of the Red Planet that has been dubbed "otherworldly".

The images, taken last April, show a destroyed wreckage on the surface of Mars, but while they have been dubbed "otherworldly" are not alien in origin.

The debris is actually from the landing equipment that touched down with the Ingenuity and the Perseverance rover in 2021.

People are posting the photos without links pretending they are UFO’s.

Well we are the Aliens on mars crashing our craft. That part is a little humorous.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I bet there's a guy there living off potatoes...

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I was excited,for a quick second…

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Looks like human made trash to me. I wouldn't be posting a picture of this anywhere and saying it is a UFO, that is an insult to the aliens. They may decide to abduct you and test to see why you are not very smart.

It says it is part of some piece of our technology to deploy something. You would think that that thing would have been made a little stronger than that if it was going to mars. Funny it even made it there in one piece. Was this thing somehow protected by a cap or something to handle the tiny pieces of space debris flying through space?

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Our "stuff" is that fragile? No wonder we won't risk sending a man to the Moon (for real).

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Our "stuff" is that fragile? No wonder we won't risk sending a man to the Moon (for real).

Terminal velocity on Mars is about 125 mph, because of the low atmospheric density. Try crashing your car into the ground at that speed and see what it looks like.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What kind of "advanced" civilization sends spacecraft that travel millions of miles and the ship just crashes onto the surface of the planet?

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gspatfound
What kind of "advanced" civilization sends spacecraft that travel millions of miles and the ship just crashes onto the surface of the planet?

You had to ask.

Just typical human behavior. Go and visit then leave trash all over.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Yeah, "science" loves to dangle the alien/ufo clickbait.

I suppose this is proof that UFOs -do- crash on occasion.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Utter clickbait!

It’s the NASA craft they new was there… they didn’t "find" anything.

This is utter bull# journalism.

It’s being posted all over Twitter. Makes me want to cuss.

Here is the express article spawning this crap.

NASA's Ingenuity helicopter - dubbed the Marscopter - took incredible photos of the wreckage on the surface of the Red Planet that has been dubbed "otherworldly".

The images, taken last April, show a destroyed wreckage on the surface of Mars, but while they have been dubbed "otherworldly" are not alien in origin.

The debris is actually from the landing equipment that touched down with the Ingenuity and the Perseverance rover in 2021.

People are posting the photos without links pretending they are UFO’s.

Well we are the Aliens on mars crashing our craft. That part is a little humorous.

Utterly untrue and misleading headlines.
edit on 20-12-2023 by Farboso because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I was excited,for a quick second…

None of these stories have any truth in them.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It says it is part of some piece of our technology to deploy something. You would think that that thing would have been made a little stronger than that if it was going to mars. Funny it even made it there in one piece. Was this thing somehow protected by a cap or something to handle the tiny pieces of space debris flying through space?

Some things are supposed to break.

Looking at the original photos we can see that a parachute attached to the debris, so it's possible that what we are seeing is the upper cover of the landing assembly that was dropped when it changed from parachute to powered descent.
(click on the thumbnails to see the bigger images)

PS: the bigger images are only half the size of the original photos, that are too big for ATS.
You can see them here.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

edit on 12/20/2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It Is a IFO .
Identified Fying(not any more) Object.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Protective cover for the skycranes that brought our rovers to Mars.

here is a link to a picture :

Rover cover with rocket fairings
edit on 20-12-2023 by Greazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Utter clickbait!

Yea, this is getting pretty normal now on the "Internet" news cycle. I've even caught AP taking things out of context to make clickbait headlines and the news stories themselves are so poorly written it's painful. Another trend I've noticed is that they come out with a saucey headline like " Strange craft lands on White House Lawn" and then bury the details 15 adverts below the headline. Usually even when you skip to the bottom it's inconclusive junk instead of the "interesting details" you were looking for.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The only reporting you can trust.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Cvastar

Not only that, if you do a search by the title you will see that many "news" sites used exactly the same title and several even used the same text.

To make things worse, this was originally published in April 2022, more than one year ago, but I suppose someone thought it was a good idea to "recycle" the article, probably thinking it would get more clicks because of the recent increase in interest in UFOs/UAPs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join