It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Abbott Signs Bill Which Allows Arrest Of Border Crossers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Ah , No they are not applying.............

“This Is An SOS! America Is Being Overtaken”: Citizen Journalists Raise Alarm Over Surge of Military-Aged Illegals in Texas "

www.infowars.com... /

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

If you have to use shooting immigrants as an example of your point, your point isn't worth proving.

I never said it was an executive order. This is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg...

Since President Joe Biden took office in January 2021, his administration has acted on a number of fronts to reverse Trump-era restrictions on immigration to the United States. The steps include plans to boost refugee admissions, preserving deportation relief for unauthorized immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and not enforcing the “public charge” rule that denies green cards to immigrants who might use public benefits like Medicaid.
link

We don't need a new law and no one who wants a secure border will ever say we do. We need to enforce the laws we already have which this administration is NOT doing.

Yes, I know the difference between law, executive order and policy.

I also know you didn't answer one single question I asked you. You just tried to flip them back on me - and failed miserably.

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

"The Trump Era Restrictions" were NOT law. They were Trump era policies, some of which relied on the public health emergency to enforce.

Most of the Trump era immigration policies were not well thought out, cruel and dangerous, emergency stop-gaps. What Biden's administration did was to bring policy back to where it had been for the past 40 years, or so.

edit on 3120232023k35America/Chicago2023-12-21T21:35:31-06:0009pm2023-12-21T21:35:31-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

And aoc staged of photo of herself crying next to a chain link fence in a parking lot and said she was standing next to cages where children were being held. Those cages and the pics of the children in them were from the obama administration, not the Trump administration. The horrible policies were obama policies. Next to biden, the worst immigration numbers this nation ever had was under obama. The Tsarnaev brothers (Boston city marathon bombers), The San Berardino killers, etc, all alleged asylum seekers admitted by obama. And you think returning to his policies is a good thing....

Dems fought tooth and nail to prevent real border security under Trump. EVERYONE knows it. Just admit the truth, just once: if illegal aliens voted republican we would have the most secure border on the planet and not a single person would make it here illegally. Just admit, just once, that these illegal immigrants are being bussed to red states in the middle of the night to influence future elections. Yes, some are sent to so-called sanctuary cities solely for the purpose of making them deal with the problem they begged for. And in typical fashion, they all complained about having the very same people they said they would welcome shipped directly to their door. Its all there for the world to see yet you continue to argue moot points instead of just acknowledging the truth that virtually the entire planet is watching in real time every day.

That tells me everything I need to know about you.
edit on 22-12-2023 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   

My family were asylees from Europe in the 1800's. They were SERFS aka ~ slaves. We as a family have no clue as to where they were born as NO records exist.

They came here legally and were subsequenty subjected to racist people in New York State then under Democrat control as in 2023. So much so my grandfather had to change his last name just to get a job. Our family also had five uncles die on the beaches of Normany on D day in 1944. That blew up our entire extended family.

So now your here and play wordsmith like the Democrats as if they are saints.

You obviously never stood up for your own country. You ran from it and dont even get what is ongoing here.

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Just admit the truth, just once: if illegal aliens voted republican we would have the most secure border on the planet and not a single person would make it here illegally.

I don't believe any of our problems at the border have to do with the possibility of illegal aliens voting for stronger border security.

Just admit, just once, that these illegal immigrants are being bussed to red states in the middle of the night to influence future elections.

I don't know anything about that. However, I have posted in this thread that we still have southern border problems and a problem with a deluge of asylum cases, because Congress would rather use immigration issues as an cudgel politicians use to stir up their voting base, than to fix the problems by actually legislating.

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Dude! There weren't federal immigration laws in the 1800's. There was no such thing as illegal immigration in the 1800s. Ellis Island didn't even start processing immigrants until 1892. We did have strict citizenship laws, though.

The USA's first immigrations laws had to do with people of color migrating from the south to other states, after the Civil War.

edit on 1020232023k43America/Chicago2023-12-22T09:43:10-06:0009am2023-12-22T09:43:10-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Oh really. So why were they processed at Ellis Island when they arrived from Europe.

In the 1880s, state boards or commissions enforced immigration law with direction from U.S. Treasury Department officials. At the Federal level, U.S. Customs Collectors at each port of entry collected the head tax from immigrants while "Chinese Inspectors" enforced the Chinese Exclusion Act.Jul 30, 2020

Link Early USA Immigration Laws

What is so odd is your deep dive of the issue to the point that you berate, chide and trash others who were born here.

Your the poster child and have the MO of typical Anarchism. Did Columbia deport you?
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

"The Trump Era Restrictions" were NOT law. They were Trump era policies, some of which relied on the public health emergency to enforce.

Most of the Trump era immigration policies were not well thought out, cruel and dangerous, emergency stop-gaps. What Biden's administration did was to bring policy back to where it had been for the past 40 years, or so.

I'm not sure you can say that when much of what Trump tried to do was in place by Obama, and even Clinton would agree with Trump. I think just because Trump say it then the liberals say it is bad, so what changed since the last two liberal Presidents that securing our borders is wrong?

edit on x31Fri, 22 Dec 2023 16:28:24 -06002023355America/ChicagoFri, 22 Dec 2023 16:28:24 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm not sure you can say that...

Say what?

I'm going to guess you're talking about my "not well thought out" comment on Trump's immigration policy. I don't think Trump's "family separation" policy nor his "wait in Mexico" policy were very thought out.

Othwise, Same as it ever was!, as far as politicians using immigration complaints as an election cudgel, and never doing anything about the actual problems.

edit on 1620232023k58America/Chicago2023-12-22T18:58:16-06:0006pm2023-12-22T18:58:16-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm going to guess you're talking about my "not well thought out" comment on Trump's immigration policy. I don't think Trump's "family separation" policy nor his "wait in Mexico" policy were very thought out.

So Obama built the immigrant cages that the liberals blamed on Trump. So what was "cruel and dangerous"? Was it dangerous to tell them to stay in Mexico until their court date, if so why as they lived and traveled across central America, but dangerous to prevent them from entering America, BS.

Removing kids from the adults they were with? How is that working today as we did not know who was who and whether or not they were children smugglers or actual relatives? Today it is a free-for-all, so one wonders how many children and very young adults are being brought into the child sex trade now, I'm sure that is much safer than vetting under Trump.

Children are more vulnerable than adults. They're easier to control, cheaper, and less likely to demand working conditions, researchers explained. More than 300,000 young people in the US are considered "at risk" of sexual exploitation.

Who is vetting them now....

edit on x31Fri, 22 Dec 2023 21:43:02 -06002023355America/ChicagoFri, 22 Dec 2023 21:43:02 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Did I say anything about cages? Nope.

I said the family separation policy was poorly planned, not very well thought out. Same with the "wait in Mexico" policy. Too bad too. With the right amount of diplomacy and money, I'm sure a workable plan could have be enacted. Another Trumpian opportunity lost.

Who is vetting them now....

The same folks that were vetting them in June 2018

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border
edit on 2620232023k18America/Chicago2023-12-23T00:18:26-06:0012am2023-12-23T00:18:26-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Did I say anything about cages? Nope.

No, but the other OP did to present you another counterpoint to your statement that you ignored. In brief it provides balance to what Trump did and Obama did. It also sacks your argurment .

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I said the family separation policy was poorly planned, not very well thought out. Same with the "wait in Mexico" policy. Too bad too. With the right amount of diplomacy and money, I'm sure a workable plan could have be enacted. Another Trumpian opportunity lost.

I think you and others have kind of forgotten that anything Trump tried to do was pushed back on at extreme levels by the Left. As he tried to control the influx from the border all the Left did was scream in their TDS anger racism and Xenophobia with liberal Congress unwilling to give a penny for anything. Biden even put a lot of effort into tearing down anything Trump worked on with zero care for the consequences. I said back then that if Trump came out with the cure for Cancer and gave it away for free the Left would fight him on it even if they died from Cancer in the process. That was the mentality of the left under Trump and now today you and others are like, oh Trump didn't do it as well as we think he should have.

It was not Trump's poor planning, it was trying to do what was right with zero support. It was also not Trump running everything and "planning", it was experts trying to do what was the correct thing to do with zero Congress support as the Left worked to undermind everything Trump ever did.

So now today we have what we have at the border and the Left puts their head in the sand saying oh there is nothing wrong now and life is good. Well, I hope you all enjoy what you created.

edit on x31Sat, 23 Dec 2023 07:55:16 -06002023356America/ChicagoSat, 23 Dec 2023 07:55:16 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It was also not Trump running everything and "planning", it was experts trying to do what was the correct thing to do with zero Congress support as the Left worked to undermind everything Trump ever did.

Please! Zero Congress support? He had a SUPER MAJORITY in The House and The Senate! And yet, his "Do Nothing" Congress let him flail like the newbie that he was. LOL Trump had to reverse his "family separation" policy 2 years into his term. Mexico refused to be a "Safe 3rd Country" and has rejected the "Wait in Mexico" policy.

And let me tell you, John Mc Cain wasn't a leftist. Neither was Jim Mattis, Gen Kelly, Jeff Sessions, Mark Milley or Bill Barr.

LOL "Only the Best People!"

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: tanstaafl

Ah , No they are not applying.............

“This Is An SOS! America Is Being Overtaken”: Citizen Journalists Raise Alarm Over Surge of Military-Aged Illegals in Texas "

www.infowars.com... /
The Civil War is often called the "War of Northern Aggression" by some. Maybe it should be called "The War of Recent Immigrants Behaving Badly."

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Mexico refused to be a "Safe 3rd Country" and has rejected the "Wait in Mexico" policy.

God, I love these statements. These people are from there from the South of the border. Spent their whole lives there, but for some reason, they can only be safe in America, so we need to let them in. How about immigrants who wait 25 years to legally come here?

It is unsafe there so let's just bring all that unsafe to here...lol great logic. Let's bring 100 million or 200 million that will fix it, right?

Why wouldn't Congress fund Trump's wall? That also means all the other aspects that go along with it such as increased border patrols, surveillance etc, and tough laws that don't give people motivation to come here in the first place.

Do you think what we see under Biden is good?

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

God, I love these statements. These people are from there from the South of the border. Spent their whole lives there, but for some reason, they can only be safe in America, so we need to let them in. How about immigrants who wait 25 years to legally come here?

A "Safe 3rd Country" isn't an opinion, it's a legal status.

Mexico reiterated its opposition to becoming a safe third country for asylum seekers, with Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard endorsing on Thursday the senate leader's declaration that the legislature would never pass the measure requested by the United States.

Mexico again rejects 'safe third country' proposal by U.S. on migration

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

A "Safe 3rd Country" isn't an opinion, it's a legal status.

At what point do we sanction Mexico to make it happen? They started under Trump by closing their southern borders, but that went away when Biden came along.
edit on x31Sat, 23 Dec 2023 11:23:28 -06002023356America/ChicagoSat, 23 Dec 2023 11:23:28 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Honestly, I just don't think Trump is really all that good at the art of the deal. Enough US $$$, IDK $50 billion, maybe?... for infrastructure support, human resources and other miscellaneous free stuff, and Mexico would have gotten on board with all of it. Might even have pretended to pay for the wall!

edit on 2020232023k45America/Chicago2023-12-23T12:45:20-06:0012pm2023-12-23T12:45:20-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join