It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEI is racism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Racism-

prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

link

What is diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)?
Diversity, equity and inclusion is a term used to describe policies and programs that promote the representation and participation of different groups of individuals. DEI encompasses people of different ages, races, ethnicities, abilities, disabilities, genders, religions, cultures and sexual orientations. It also covers people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and expertise.

Diversity, equity and inclusion are three different but interconnected concepts. They work together to create an environment of respect and fairness. It involves initiatives promoting the equal access, opportunity, employment and sense of belonging of underrepresented people in the workplace.

www.foxbusiness.com...

Elon Musk is apparently not a fan of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) programs, arguing that such initiatives are destructive and need to be ended.

The tech billionaire took to his social media platform, X, on Friday to declare that "DEI must DIE," saying, "The point was to end discrimination, not replace it with different discrimination."

On this topic, Musk and I are on the same page. DEI is racism. It's the antithesis to Dr. Kings words that I thought we were moving towards at a good pace.

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.

DEI is not that. It's a system to minimalize the majority to artificially prop up the minorities. Much like seeing someone who is doing well, better than you, so rather than congratulate them, or better yet, try to emulate them, you tear them down to make yourself feel more equal. Minorities aren't equal to the majority in many ways by no fault of their own. But the system that is in place provided for increased help for minorities, and did it quietly, with dignity in some cases. And in being equal, having dignity is key. You have to feel like you are truly equal, in order to BE equal. We aren't there yet, but we were moving that way. The social constructs were changing. Being a racist asshole was frowned upon, and not a look anyone wanted, Even in their secret little spaces. Sure there will always be those who were taught to be super racist, but that generation is old now, and not going to last. Just like that mindset.

I firmly believe all this Clown World stuff is just a speed bump in our history. Sure the books will tell of this lunacy, but only short paragraphs, so we don't embarrass ourselves too much. We need to change. We need to get away from the current stupidity.

If you are a minority, please share your thoughts on if you think DEI is a good thing, or if it's a lunatic idea to make academics feel needed.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Not really who you are asking for opinion here but I will give one anyways

DEI, as I see it, is a "tit for tat" on racism.

They use it as a way to "get back at those that oppressed us by oppressing them".

Nothing will ever progress forward in society until we get rid of all that are set to split us apart; BLM, DEI, LGBT, etc. All these orgs. do is celebrate being different by saying anyone who is not like us is the problem.

By doing so they brainwash those that follow them to see nothing wrong with that fact and will blindly go after anyone who says it.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I think it's the upcoming younger generations that will decide how they want their society to be going forward, not Musk and certainly not the older generations.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

it's a question open to all. Sorry if that was confusing. I just thought that since minorities were directly affected by this, their opinion would by a valuable tool here.

But like dumbing down the standards to meet the lower tier students, rather than enacting programs to bring the lower tier students up to the same level as others is a losing strategy. We aren't teaching kids cursive writing. Just think, a kid will look at the constitution and need it transcribed for them.

Many historical documents, such as the United States Constitution, are written in cursive—some argue the inability to read cursive therefore precludes one from being able to fully appreciate such documents in their original format.
-google

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

perhaps not, but the wisdom of the older generation is the only thing that will save them from themselves.

If you think back to what age you were when you realized the stuff your dad told you was actually good advice. Usually long after you did the opposite, thinking you knew it all. And some of us take longer to have that epiphany.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

No worries, I was being a smarta$$

When everyone is special, nobody is special

Nobody wants to admit that their kid needs extra help so the blame is put onto the teachers for not doing a better job. Accountability is a foreign concept for most in this country and that is across the board. Nobody is held responsible for things they say or do, allowing those that think too highly of themselves to lead the pack straight into a sequel to Mike Judge's "Idiocracy"

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

perhaps not, but the wisdom of the older generation is the only thing that will save them from themselves.

If you think back to what age you were when you realized the stuff your dad told you was actually good advice. Usually long after you did the opposite, thinking you knew it all. And some of us take longer to have that epiphany.

Absolutely not, my parents were a product of their time and racist and not free thinkers.

The younger generations have to forge their own DEI path and unlike the older generations their social circle will likely include minorities, so they have the advantage of getting to know people for who they are and not how they are labelled by racists and/or haters or those that are intolerant.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Oh boy, now you have blasphemed. Expect judgement forthwith.

DEI is a neo-Marxist tool meant to aid in accomplishing the same thing with racism and privilege that Marxism originally intended to accomplish with a class war. The latter being less effective than hoped for, so it was substituted with "anti-racism", DEI, CRT, and so on. It has been more effective, but only marginally so. Most of it's adherents are racist lilly white liberals who love the politics of low expectations.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I've lived in the US for more than 20 years, and I've never sensed and experienced racism as much as I have in the last few years. I typically will get some attitude from a cashier etc and I just know it's because I'm white. She will act rude towards me , by not saying anything, not smiling etc, even though I always smile and say hello! And then if the next customer happens to be black, IMMEDIATElY the cashier will smile , say hello etc to them. There's defintely an anti-whitey shift.

I know this example is trivial, but it has happend many many times over the last few years that it's not imagined and certainly not deserved as I'm probably always overly nice (my nature due to insecurities etc).
I don't work so my interaction with people is basically just in stores, otherwise I'm sure I'd have experienced more.

We have regressed as a nation and everything continues to regress ,and the stupid 'left' rejoices.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Dont shout at me.
But, Whites are the new blacks.
Strang thing is the white
goverment is pushing the Hate.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

The younger generations have to forge their own DEI path and unlike the older generations

And yet, who are they listening to to get their "own idea of DEI"? The older generations......

So much for free thinking

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Scratchpost

No hate for the truth, those that will hate are part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

The younger generations have to forge their own DEI path and unlike the older generations

And yet, who are they listening to to get their "own idea of DEI"? The older generations......

So much for free thinking

How do you know who they are listening to? Generalizations don't work here.

Did it ever occur to you they may be listening to their minority friends' point of view?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
First of all not all older folks are racist and as an older person I cant tell you that we were taught not to be racist and were friends with minorities even back then.
Secondly, just because someone did something in your family doesn't mean it happens everywhere else.
Thirdly, you are a good example why young people need guidance from elders, because you seem to know too few older folks and have not had enough life experience not to be blindly generic.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   

If they are all following DEI, BLM, CRT, LGBT, etc., who do you think started all of those things?

Certainly not those that are still in college and younger. That would only leave the older generations for them to listen to, and seeing how the younger gens, especially those currently in any sort of college, act and talk about all of these nonsensical idea, we all know who they are listening to.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
First of all not all older folks are racist and as an older person I cant tell you that we were taught not to be racist and were friends with minorities even back then.
Secondly, just because someone did something in your family doesn't mean it happens everywhere else.
Thirdly, you are a good example why young people need guidance from elders, because you seem to know too few older folks and have not had enough life experience not to be blindly generic.

Never did I say all older folks are racists, reread my post I said my parents were racists.

I was a free thinker and had minority friends, therefore rejected their racist programming.

I am an excellent example for those that need to learn to reject the intolerance and racist hate that prevails throughout society, with the next new minority that comes along.

Learn to read my intent when I post and put the bias to the side for a change.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Not every apposing view to you is a bias, you should really realize that by now.

"the next new minority'? They coming out with a new model later in 2024?

Those that call everything racist fail to see that the biggest racist issue are the ones they spew from their own mouth.

When everything is racist, nothing is racist.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

If they are all following DEI, BLM, CRT, LGBT, etc., who do you think started all of those things?

Certainly not those that are still in college and younger. That would only leave the older generations for them to listen to, and seeing how the younger gens, especially those currently in any sort of college, act and talk about all of these nonsensical idea, we all know who they are listening to.

Who says they are following any of those movements?

As I say, the very young children are exposed to the upcoming new minorities in school and perhaps in other public venues and with public school's missions for DEI as well as workplaces adopting DEI and the government adopting equality and safety laws including DEI these upcoming generations are getting the message loud and clear.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Not every apposing view to you is a bias, you should really realize that by now.

"the next new minority'? They coming out with a new model later in 2024?

Those that call everything racist fail to see that the biggest racist issue are the ones they spew from their own mouth.

When everything is racist, nothing is racist.

That post by Hectate was blind bias because I was specific in my post and not generalizing. It's plain to see how bias works here with some people - blinders on all the time.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Who says they are following any of those movements?

As I say, the very young children are exposed to the upcoming new minorities in school and perhaps in other public venues and with public school's missions for DEI as well as workplaces adopting DEI and the government adopting equality and safety laws including DEI these upcoming generations are getting the message loud and clear.

Lol. You just confirmed exactly what Porkchop has been saying.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join