It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Search for Noah's Ark and the Aliens in the Book of Enoch Why Files

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
There is evidence of world wide floods.

Floods around the world through history? Yes. One world wide flood that killed everyone except 8 people and a boat load of animals 4,000 years ago? No. NOT POSSIBLE. The science and the archeology and the history and COMMON SENSE says otherwise.

Explain why there is no break in Egyptian history? Before, during, and after the alleged world wide flood time period as told by the Bible ... Egypt had a vibrant and growing civilization and it was recorded. We even have the artifacts from those time periods that further prove it. Egypt wasn't killed off. There was no world wide flood killing everyone except Noah and his family. It's simply poppycock.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gspatfound

Somone told them truth was stranger than fiction...

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

One world wide flood that killed everyone except 8 people and a boat load of animals 4,000 years ago? No. NOT POSSIBLE. The science and the archeology and the history and COMMON SENSE says otherwise.

That's assuming the bible got the timeline right...

It's more like 12 000 years ago and there is mounting evidence a cataclysmic event happened around that time period...

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
It's more like 12 000 years ago and there is mounting evidence a cataclysmic event happened around that time period...

Sure. I'll give you that one.
But 4,000 years ago a boat with animals and 8 people being all there is alive on the planet?
NOPE.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I think a large chunk of the proper timeline for this particular arch was lost during the confusion in Babylon and the fire in Alexandria...
Other cultures have flood myth too, including with arch and gods from heaven. Some are much more consistent in their recordings than others.
Quite a few of the flood myth all around the world coincide with the younger dryas period 12000 years ago...

So there's that...

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

PM4U

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Copy/paste answer.

Originally posted by: IdeomotorPrisoner

It's a fun story.  I think destruction/creation stories are just universal. Parallel thought, not plagiarism. 

But the story is ridiculous. His age, and biblical ages in general, I attribute to Lazy writing in the second temple.  They had to make it go back far enough in their own time to predate Sumeria and Gilgamesh.  

I'm wondering how that old guy kept 95% of the animals from eating each-other? Gilgamesh only had to keep track of beer and livestock. 

I think the post exilic jews were a little, call it ambitious, with their narrative, and didn't consider the absurdities of some of the technical portions. 

Always get a picture of a dome formation in Turkey too. The same one too. That fold formation looks like a upside down boat hull! 

And then the water requirements. And I'm not even sold Moses, Abraham, or Noah even existed. Maybe Saul onward. Anyone that existed concurrent with Hebrew settlements I'll believe existed in some form.

So I take a completely different parable from the flood stories, one possibly derived from genetic memory itself, population bottlenecks happen.  72k years isn't that far back really. There were more hominid species still alive, but Lake Toba affected everyone. 4 times larger than Yellowstone. 

Some estimates put the entire human population to as few as a few thousand breeding pairs in the volcanic winter that followed. That's the type of event that gets committed to memory. 

I think it's human recognition in the potential for instant depopulation at any moment. A lingering instinctual fear that something catastrophic can happen. I think the "for sin" part is not enough of a reason to fear the watchers.

edit on 15-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The finding of the book of Enoch in Ethiopia which at first was said to be fake until another copy was found along with the dead sea scrolls. This video starts and covers what has been written about the watchers and all the evil that caused god to cause the great flood. Noah was the great grand son of Enoch and Enoch was someone that was taken (abducted) to "Heaven in the sky" and brought back to warn mankind and all the creatures the 300 angels created by interbreeding with human women.. This is one of the better Why Files IMO

Alien Abductions in the Book of Enoch and the Search for Noah's Ark

Enoch warned the Giants and the Watchers of the world. Repent or feel God's wrath.

They ignored his warning.

The floodgates of Heaven burst forth and water rushed over the Earth, destroying everything.

The only thing to survive is a single vessel, a huge ship: the Ark.

5 months later, the waters recede and the Ark made ground on a mountaintop. A man named Noah emerged, and civilization began again.

Some version of the Noah's Ark story exists in almost every religion and every culture on Earth.

But did Noah and the Ark really exist?

There's evidence that they did.

So much evidence, that it was classified by the CIA for almost 50 years.

But why classify it? Well, there are two problems with the Noah's Ark story. One, the Ark is much older than anyone thought. And two, the man named Noah? He wasn't a man. At least, not a man from Earth.
youtu.be...

Sometime ago I heard the ark was found somewhere in Turkey. Actually in the Eastern part of the country but I don't know who made the claim and on what grounds.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: General23

The finding of the book of Enoch in Ethiopia which at first was said to be fake until another copy was found along with the dead sea scrolls. This video starts and covers what has been written about the watchers and all the evil that caused god to cause the great flood. Noah was the great grand son of Enoch and Enoch was someone that was taken (abducted) to "Heaven in the sky" and brought back to warn mankind and all the creatures the 300 angels created by interbreeding with human women.. This is one of the better Why Files IMO

Enoch warned the Giants and the Watchers of the world. Repent or feel God's wrath.

The floodgates of Heaven burst forth and water rushed over the Earth, destroying everything.

5 months later, the waters recede and the Ark made ground on a mountaintop. A man named Noah emerged, and civilization began again.

Some version of the Noah's Ark story exists in almost every religion and every culture on Earth.

But why classify it? Well, there are two problems with the Noah's Ark story. One, the Ark is much older than anyone thought. And two, the man named Noah? He wasn't a man. At least, not a man from Earth.
youtu.be...

Sometime ago I heard the ark was found somewhere in Turkey. Actually in the Eastern part of the country but I don't know who made the claim and on what grounds.

Before this goes anywhere...

They found this:

Which is one of these:

edit on 15-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Evidence of Noah's Ark - wonderful and fascinating reading here for anyone interested.
Read it and then form an opinion (not directed at you theatreboy).

www.arkdiscovery.com...

Another video with more explanations www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-12-2023 by BukkaWukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BukkaWukka

Evidence of Noah's Ark - wonderful and fascinating reading here for anyone interested.

www.arkdiscovery.com...

I think if the Ark was actually found -- it would be all over the MSN.

I know there are stories claiming the Ark was found. But they kind of fizzle out.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I suspect, that there are powers that be that stifle all such info and hide what has been found. Much like the giant skeletons that ended up in the Smithsonian and yet no one has any trace of them. Yet, newspaper clippings, eyesight testimonies of long gone times, still claim they existed.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I suspect, that there are powers that be that stifle all such info and hide what has been found. Much like the giant skeletons that ended up in the Smithsonian and yet no one has any trace of them. Yet, newspaper clippings, eyesight testimonies of long gone times, still claim they existed.

Not buying it.

Nothing stays hidden in today's world.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The animals couldn't all fit on the ark like the story claims.

Like the why files said, they wouldn't have taken the multitudes of different dog breeds, or every "species" on the planet, but rather, they would take the wolf, the head of the biological 'family'. I believe the Biblical idea of a 'kind' of animal is most relatable to the biological term 'family'. There are only around 5,500 families of animals on the planet (link), most of them being smaller creatures. They could easily fit onto the ark which was 1.8 million cubic feet in size. That's around 300 cubic feet per family, plenty of room.

Take for example coyotes and wolves, two members of the canid family. They are so genetically similar that they can mate. There are more genetically similar than various dog breeds, yet we know all dog breeds are variations of wolves. Therefore It's not far-fetched to suppose these are extant adaptations of allele drift from Noah's canid family. Also consider the family of struthionidae, it's literally just ostriches. Elephantidae family is just elephants. Giraffidae has two animals.

It is likely that many of these organisms within the same family are equatable to the differences between various human races. Dog breeds have about 27.5% differences, and even humans have about 5.4% variation, despite all humans still being human (link).

So therefore about 5,500 different kinds (families) of animals would be possible in a 1.8 million cubic foot vessel. I put effort into understanding the idea of Noah's ark and the global flood because it is in the Bible as well as the history of mostly every major culture throughout history.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

There is more water in the mantle then there is in all the seas by a long shot. There is also water in space, and lots of it.
" The science" says the flood never happened
" The science" says the Universe is far larger then we can even see, and it came from nothing with the help of nothing by nothing.
" The science" says there were no giants, and all the news paper reports and pictures, and even specimens are a fig ment of your imagination.
" The science" says you must get shot up with MRNA to save grandma , or you are a horrible monster of a non human person.

I have more faith in Science then " The science".

When He brought up Ron Wyatt, I was shaking my head. That guy was a fraud and a violent tyrant. He threatened to beat people with his fists, because they looked into a cave he told them not to. Ron was busy having intercourse at the hotel with his new wife at the time, in Israel.

The locals in Turkey/and likely Armenia know where the ark is and they have for a very long time. The thing Wyatt displays in absolutely not what my grandfather described to me. People there have artifacts. The governments lie for a reason. Control. That was my family member (great grandmothers uncle) that ruled the whole area . The Ottoman Empire was vast. Hagop Kazazian (Pasha) Best friends with the Sultan. Close friends of the Pope. Awarded the famous St. Gregorys award by the Pope for saving some Catholic from death in prison.

The Ark is much higher, in Turkey, mostly whole, completely petrified. Completely frozen in solid ice at all times except when there has been at least 15 years consecutive drought. At that time a portion of the stern is exposed, and people can chip off souvenir pieces of the petrified wood, and they do.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

originally posted by: General23

youtu.be...

Before this goes anywhere...

They found this:

Which is one of these:

Interesting!
Do you know the place?

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: theatreboy
Blind trust in science is no better than blind trust in Bidens foreign policy.

Truth is truth.

If that were true ATS wouldn’t need to exist 😉

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 03:49 AM
link   

www.arkdiscovery.com...

That's RON WYATT. Debunked. Total Fraud. I already gave some of the evidence debunking him. Israel has denounced him. His own church calls him a fraud. The people who worked with him call him a fraud.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I've heard the 'kinds' excuse before. It doesn't work. Example - Taking two breeding cats on the ark and having their offspring turn into lions within 2,000 years to be eating Christians in Rome doesn't happen. It CAN NOT happen. The 'kinds' argument is a failure.

8 million SPECIES were needed to be on the ark in order to get the diversity of animal species on this planet now. Take penguins for example. There are 18 species of penguins on the planet. There would have had to have been all 18 species of penguins on the ark ... not just two penguins but 36 penguins ... because the species don't inter-mate with each other. Each is a separate species unto itself. That's just penguins.

There are 37 cat species. EACH SPECIES would have to have been represented
on Noahs Ark. You have to go back 11 million years to find a common ancestor
between house cats and lions. 11 MILLION YEARS ...

Are Lions Cats?

There are a total of 37 cat species that include cheetahs, jaguars, leopards, lions, lynxes, pumas, tigers, and many more. Among these 37 cat species is also domestic house cats.

It is believed that bigger cats like lions and tigers shared a common ancestor with smaller cats like cougars, cheetahs, and the ancestors of domestic house cats before the two lineages split around 11 million years ago.

This evidence suggests that while lions and house cats are related, one has to go back almost 11 million years to find a common ancestor between the two.

edit on 12/16/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Arizona.edu - Forget About Noahs Ark, There was no World Wide Flood

Most biblical and ancient Near Eastern scholars argue that the flood is a mythical story adopted from earlier Mesopotamian flood accounts. These earlier accounts include the 17th century BCE Sumerian flood myth Eridu Genesis,[5] the 18th century BCE Akkadian Atra-Hasis Epic,[6] and the Epic of Gilgamesh,[7] which are some of the earliest known examples of a literary style of writing. The most complete version of the Epic of Gilgamesh known today is preserved on 12 clay tablets from the library of Assyrian king Ashurbanipal (685-627 BCE). This extant Akkadian version is derived from earlier Sumerian versions. In the story, Gilgamesh and his companion, a wild man-beast named Enkidu, travel the world on a number of quests that ultimately displease the gods. After the death of Enkidu, Gilgamesh embarks on a journey to learn the secret of eternal life by visiting the immortal flood hero, Utnapishtim. Utnapishtim tells Gilgamesh how the god Ea (equivalent to the Sumerian god Enki) revealed the gods' plan to destroy all life with a great flood, and how they instructed him to build a vessel in which he could save his family, friends, and livestock. After the flood, the gods repented for destroying the world and made Utnapishtim immortal.

These flood stories appear to have been transmitted to the Israelites early in Israel's history. Contact between the Assyrians and the Israelites is known from the conquest of Israel and its capitol, Samaria, in 721 BCE by Assyrian King Shalmaneser V (727-722 BCE),[8] and from the attempted conquest of Jerusalem by the Assyrian King Sennacherib (704-681 BCE). These stories were apparently modified to conform to a monotheistic faith, but retained characteristics such as the destruction of nearly all living things via a flood, the salvation of a select few people and animals by the construction of a boat, and the regret of the deity for the flood, prompting a promise not to do so again. Thus, like many of the early stories in Israel's primordial history,[9] the flood story appears to be an adaptation and integration of a previously known myth into the theology of Israel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join