It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victoria Australia, now banning gas appliances in pre existing homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The state party, has announced, as part of their push to a net zero future.

www.energy.vic.gov.au...

As already announced all new houses built after the 1st jan 2024, can no longer have any gas appliances.

www.abc.net.au...

Now it’s been announced that in existing homes should your gas appliance break down, it can only be replaced by an electric appliance.

www.pv-magazine-australia.com...

This is ridiculous as the rebate is only $150.

Though to get any tradespeople in is so difficult as there is a skilled worker shortage it takes weeks to get a repairman in.

Plus to then have an electrician them have to wire in the appliance, perhaps modify to a 5 amp or higher power supply, and the pay labour, parts compliance certificates.

Easily $2000 just for the electrician then the cost of the appliance.

All this will do is send people broke, or they cannot cook.

And tradies get richer, as they have been handed a scam on a silver platter to screw people over.

Using a wok on electric just does not work.
edit on 14-12-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Australia and New Zealand seem to be the testing grounds for the retarded woke agendas. I feel bad for you guys.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I agree with you, it’s the only thing that makes sense that the public are being treated with contempt.

Nothing can stop Victorian labour, Jacinta Allen is drunk with power, just announcing 160 billion for a train line.

The Tesla battery farms that are being built the biggest in Geelong, can only provide a gal hour of supply back into the grid.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We all know this was the end game they start with it's only on new stuff than after that's accepted they move on to when it breaks down after that they will come looking for whoever still has the forbidden item and take it

Only one way to stop it unfortunately most gave away that ability long ago

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Markovian2

I guess the tip is, if funds allow buy the gas appliances, and store them until your existing item breaks down.

I am sure there will still be tradespeople who will keep mum about the side jobs they do.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Only a fool would NOT start a company supplying constant reconditioned gas cookers once a year at a great annual fee so that there ARE no "broken" gas cookers to ever replace.

Depends on the legal jargon I imagine but I couldn't actually find any reference in the links relating to the OP title.
edit on 14/12/2023 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot
I'd say the opposite how long untell they simply ban the gas itself

Being stubborn won't win it will just make them more aggressive

They'll say something like we tried to be nice we where patient but now you forced us to force you

Sound familiar because I remember that said to the ones who refuse the vaxx

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Apologies, here is the article about existing homes:

www.nationaltribune.com.au...

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: Cavemannick

Australia and New Zealand seem to be the testing grounds for the retarded woke agendas. I feel bad for you guys.

Kanada too.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thats crazy. I use natural gas for mu furnace. Im glad I have a cord wood burning fireplace insert as back up. Electricity is far to expensive to heat a home. I removed the 220 volt electric base board heaters when I moved in. They are crap

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Markovian2
They'll say something like we tried to be nice we where patient but now you forced us to force you

Sound familiar because I remember that said to the ones who refuse the vaxx

But nobody was actually forced to get a vaccine were they? It was a bad choice made with much ignorance too quickly by too many.

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick
The state party, has announced, as part of their push to a net zero future.

www.energy.vic.gov.au...

As already announced all new houses built after the 1st jan 2024, can no longer have any gas appliances.

www.abc.net.au...

Now it’s been announced that in existing homes should your gas appliance break down, it can only be replaced by an electric appliance.

www.pv-magazine-australia.com...

This is ridiculous as the rebate is only $150.

Though to get any tradespeople in is so difficult as there is a skilled worker shortage it takes weeks to get a repairman in.

Plus to then have an electrician them have to wire in the appliance, perhaps modify to a 5 amp or higher power supply, and the pay labour, parts compliance certificates.

Easily $2000 just for the electrician then the cost of the appliance.

All this will do is send people broke, or they cannot cook.

And tradies get richer, as they have been handed a scam on a silver platter to screw people over.

Using a wok on electric just does not work.

Oh dear!

top topics

join