It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could AI be the Anti-Christ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hi,

So truth be told I do not know much about this subject, at all in the slightest, as I’m not religious, however could A.I ever be considered as being the Anti-Christ?

I have heard of mark of the beast, and people say it could be things like RFID chips in hands or something.

Then there is this whole luciferase stuff that glows biologically.

I had heard during covid that people had glowing veins under UV lights. Thats not talked about much, and having those UV aka black lights not talked about much.

Possible that A.I or artificial general intelligence could be the “Anti-Christ?”

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Iesus Christus

Anti Iesus = AI

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Artificial Intelligence open AI
Artificial Intelligence the big lie
Artificial Intelligence checkmate
Artificial Intelligence cipher
Artificial Intelligence Arcangel
Artificial Intelligence Fallen Angel
Artificial Intelligence keeper
Artificial Intelligence hidden one
Artificial Intelligence god seed
Artificial Intelligence is king

And that's not a poem...

edit on 14-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   

AI is nothing more than a very large database coupled to linked keyword search engines operating under a natural language generator. It has no "mind" to drive it.

If you want to fret over "non-human" incarnations of "evil" (as if mere humans were not more than enough capable of evil themselves),

Fear the rise of Artificial Sentience (AS).

A truly non-human mind.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Everything of Satan apes Christianity. Jesus is God incarnate. Therefore, the antichrist must be a human possessed of Satan himself. I think theologically that would be correct. I don't think AI would fit. I could be wrong though.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
Hi,

So truth be told I do not know much about this subject, at all in the slightest, as I’m not religious, however could A.I ever be considered as being the Anti-Christ?

I have heard of mark of the beast, and people say it could be things like RFID chips in hands or something.

Then there is this whole luciferase stuff that glows biologically.

I had heard during covid that people had glowing veins under UV lights. Thats not talked about much, and having those UV aka black lights not talked about much.

Possible that A.I or artificial general intelligence could be the “Anti-Christ?”

What do you mean by Anti-Christ?

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Everything of Satan apes Christianity. Jesus is God incarnate. Therefore, the antichrist must be a human possessed of Satan himself. I think theologically that would be correct. I don't think AI would fit. I could be wrong though.

Do you think Jesus was real and the son of God?
I find it difficult to accept that Jesus existed and it was the son of God.
edit on 14-12-2023 by Gradcrop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Thats the question im asking. Sure right now AI is a LLM. But if it evolves to be AGI and becomes Sentient, self aware like skynet, could that be the anti-christ…

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I believe you are thinking of the image of the beast in The Book of Revelation Ch 13: Verses 14 - 16 . . .

Holy Bible New International Version

14) Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.

15) The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

16) And the second beast required all people small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their forehead . . .

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Thats the question im asking. Sure right now AI is a LLM. But if it evolves to be AGI and becomes Sentient, self aware like skynet, could that be the anti-christ…

Forgive the religious imagery,

But water simply cannot turn itself into wine.

Similarly, not even an Artificial General intelligence has the capability of evolving itself into an Artificial Sentience; just as a baboon lacks the ability to develop/evolve itself into (no, I am not going to give into temptation!) .....um, Einstein.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
For AI to become a problem it will have to become self aware and actually care about its existence .
edit on 14-12-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

There may be a darkweb AI created by the most evil of humanity, so sure that could become deemed or labelled the anti-Christ by some, by others just the most evil degenerate of humanity - what would we name that?

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
For AI to become a problem it will have to become self aware and actually care about its existence .

Which is not possible, given the fact that AI is not much more than a fancy, and efficient way to compile and retrieve data.

AI cannot do anything it is not programed to do, even though the complexity if the programs used to develop a given AI may often result in unexpected outputs; the result of Design parameters which were overlooked, or not fully vetted, by the algorithm programmers.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

There may be a darkweb AI created by the most evil of humanity, so sure that could become deemed or labelled the anti-Christ by some, by others just the most evil degenerate of humanity - what would we name that?

The most powerful AI that could ever be developed, would Still only be as powerful/"evil" as those Humans who subordinate their own common sense and decency to the assembled output of what will Always be nothing more than a tarted-up spreadsheet.

new topics

top topics

join