It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN agency chief says Israel trying to force Gazans into Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Leaked: Israeli Plan to Ethnically Cleanse Gaza

The head of the United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees , Philippe Lazzarini , made his observation in an interview with the Los Angeles Times at the weekend , everything seems to be going according to the plan above.

In an opinion piece published on Saturday in the Los Angeles Times, UNRWA chief Philippe Lazzarini pointed to the worsening humanitarian crisis in Gaza and the increasing concentration near the border of displaced civilians who fled the fighting, first in the north and then further south.

"The United Nations and several member states, including the US, have firmly rejected forcibly displacing Gazans out of the Gaza Strip," Lazzarini said.

"But the developments we are witnessing point to attempts to move Palestinians into Egypt, regardless of whether they stay there or are resettled elsewhere."

The widespread destruction in the Palestinian territory's north and the resulting displacements were "the first stage of such a scenario", he added, while forcing civilians from the southern city of Khan Yunis closer to the Egyptian border was the next.

"If this path continues, leading to what many are already calling a second Nakba, Gaza will not be a land for Palestinians anymore," Lazzarini said, using the Arabic term for the exodus or forced displacement of 760,000 Palestinians during the war that coincided with Israel's creation in 1948.
www.france24.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My major problem with this is it's not an official publication or a statement from his office, but an opinion piece he wrote for a newspaper.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

El-Sisi isn’t going to allow too much of that.

They already have had many bloody years fighting off Islamic extremism, which actually succeeded in a coup for a short period.

The last thing Egypt wants is a whole bunch of religious fighters in an already sparsely populated area, much of which still has pockets of resistance to the federal government.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Think of the industrial workforce Egypt could have if they organized Palestinians!! 😀

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think the Israelis are just sick and tired of problems with Palestinians. If you study the Countries around the Palestinians, nobody wants them to go in their respective Countries. Why is that? They are trouble makers and cry babies. I'm not an expert on the middle east, but I've been reading about all these conflicts for years, and Palestinians are always pushing the civilised boundaries. By that I mean, they don't play well with other.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

Read some of the articles with the quotes from the Egyptian Government officials when this whole thing started. Egypt did not want them under any circumstances. That's why they blocked the border to Egypt.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: stealth2
I think the Israelis are just sick and tired of problems with Palestinians. If you study the Countries around the Palestinians, nobody wants them to go in their respective Countries. Why is that? They are trouble makers and cry babies. I'm not an expert on the middle east, but I've been reading about all these conflicts for years, and Palestinians are always pushing the civilised boundaries. By that I mean, they don't play well with other.

I think Arabs are getting tired of extremists.

I don’t have a problem with Islam, it’s an abrahamic religion, and I’ve known plenty of beautiful souls who follow the faith.

But much of it is stuck behind the times. Many are tribal in the literal sense, and want to bring truth to what may be metaphoric scriptures.

You see a lot of the countries in the Middle East separating themselves from those who are barbaric.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hey I am sure Egypt will embrace their fellow Muslim fellows, after all Egypt is majority Muslim.

The palestinians with their terrorist groups will feel right at home.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stealth2

I think the Palestinians are just sick and tired of problems with Ashkenazi Jews. If you study the Countries around Israel, nobody wants them to go in their respective Countries. Why is that? They are trouble makers and cry babies. I'm not an expert on the middle east, but I've been reading about all these conflicts for years, and Ashkenazi Jews are always pushing the civilised boundaries. By that I mean, they don't play well with other.

I know, I know. I'll save you the effort.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Anti-Jewish opinion piece from the notoriously corrupt, anti-Jew, terror supporting UNRWA eh? Donald Trump quit funding it for good reason. Too bad Biden refinanced them.

Newsweek

The Biden administration this month announced that it will resume U.S. funding for the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA)—a UN welfare agency ostensibly meant to assist Palestinian refugees that has faced multiple corruption scandals. One big problem: a review of the agency's expenditures revealed that it steers money to terror-group affiliates. It's now up to Congress to protect U.S. taxpayer funds.

UNRWA is no stranger to criticism. Since most of its registered "refugees" are citizens or permanent residents of countries such as Jordan, or currently reside within the borders of a future Palestinian state, less than 5 percent of its serviced population meets the 1951 Refugee Convention criteria for refugee status. The agency has also fomented virulent anti-Semitism through its educational curriculum. It has no oversight other than a biannual audit conducted by the People's Republic of China's representative to the UN Board of Auditors.

In seeking to help Palestinians in need of humanitarian assistance, there are many reasons that Congress could justifiably halt plans to restart aid to UNRWA, and direct aid to those in need through other channels. It's already been reported that some UNRWA personnel have ties to terrorism, and that UNRWA schools in Gaza have been used by Hamas to launch rockets against Israel. But just recently, a review of the agency's financial statements revealed a systemic problem of money landing in the hands of terror affiliates.

edit on 12/12/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: stealth2
I agree with you , but the Jewish people have been treated the same way until 1948.
After WW2 all of Europe rejected the idea of taking liberated Jews . Jews aren’t welcome for all the same reasons. Both Jews & Arabs worship a god who calls for death of the non-believer

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
My major problem with this is it's not an official publication or a statement from his office, but an opinion piece he wrote for a newspaper.

How is that a problem ? , as head of the United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees he should know what he's talking about because he has access to all the information so his opinion is based on the facts on the ground.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
as head of the United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees he should know what he's talking about because he has access to all the information so his opinion is based on the facts on the ground.

You didn't read the information I provided, did you? His opinion isn't based on the facts on the ground. His opinion is based on corruption and anti-Jew bias and terrorist ties. That's what UNRWA is full of. The only real oversight UNRWA has is out of China, and China hates Israel because of it's ties to the US. His statement is also easily disputed because Egypt won't even take in 'palestinian' refugees let alone 2.3 million of them. Egypt wants no part of them. Jordan won't take them either. They are nothing but trouble, even for other muslims.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Tweet from Philippe Lazzarini , on the ground in Gaza.

Back in #Gaza, endless deepening tragedy. People are everywhere, live in the street, need everything. They plead for safety & for an end to this hell on earth.
twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Maybe the Palestinian population along with the Hamas should try to join BRICS instead of relying on the UN and western powers

the situation is presently a Morass

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

How are Hamas leaders billionaires if not stealing aid?
edit on 12-12-2023 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

How are Hamas leaders billionaires if not stealing aid?

Ask those who funded them.

To keep Hamas propped up, Netanyahu's government worked with Qatari to keep the money flowing, the New York Times reported. Israel knew that Qatar was supporting Hamas, but didn't oppose the payments and even lobbied American lawmakers not to sanction Qatar.

In 2018, Netanyahu's administration came up with a plan, according to the New York Times. As part of a peace agreement with Hamas, Qatar would bring millions into Gaza to distribute to Gazan families, the outlet reported.

Israeli security officials would meet with a Qatari diplomat at the border between Israel and Jordan, according to the New York Times report.

They would then drive him past the border crossing and into Gaza, according to the outlet.

Though the money was meant for Gazan civilians, Western intelligence determined that Hamas was taking money from the funds to use themselves, the outlet reported.

The propped-up peace lasted until October 7, when Hamas fighters launched a terror attack across the Israeli border. The militants killed about 1,200 people and took dozens more hostage, Israeli officials said.
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The point is opinion pieces in newspapers are worthless. He should publish a report via his office if what he claims is true. His office is for scenarios such as these, is it not?

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Tweet from Philippe Lazzarini , on the ground in Gaza.
Back in #Gaza, endless deepening tragedy. People are everywhere, live in the street, need everything. They plead for safety & for an end to this hell on earth.

Maybe the "Palestinians" shouldn't have put Hamas in charge (Elected Jan 2006) and they shouldn't have supported them ... then they wouldn't be in the mess they are in. It's a 'tragedy' of their own making. Have them ask Hamas leadership for money. They have BILLIONS and BILLIONS. It's well documented.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So you admit Hamas leadership is rich because they take aid meant for their people.
Good.👍

top topics

<<   2 >>

join