It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin will seek another term as Russian president, aiming to extend his rule of over two decades

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Link

Vladimir Putin on Friday moved to prolong his repressive and unyielding grip on Russia for at least another six years, announcing his candidacy in the presidential election next March that he is all but certain to win.

Putin still commands wide support after nearly a quarter-century in power, despite starting an immensely costly war in Ukraine that has taken thousands of his countrymen’s lives, provoked repeated attacks inside Russia — including one on the Kremlin itself — and corroded its aura of invincibility.

A short-lived rebellion in June by mercenary leader Yevgeny Prigozhin raised widespread speculation that Putin could be losing his grip, but he emerged with no permanent scars. Prigozhin’s death in a mysterious plane crash two months later reinforced the view that Putin was in absolute control.

Remember when Russians were saying Yevgeny Prigozhin was going to be their next president? And then he suffered a case of hand grenades on his airplane?

And Russians were heavily supporting Alexei Navalny, before his underwear was poisoned with radioactive metals; and after he survived, in his weakened state, he was sent to break rock at a penal colony, until his death.

Numerous others gained the understanding, however briefly, that getting to the ground floor is much quicker if you don't use an elevator (or a lift, for those on the other side of the pond).

It seems to me, in Russia, democracy means the only candidate remaining alive... wins.

That's not democracy, that's Squid Game.

Russian Democracy.

edit on 10-12-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Trump is soooo jealous of Putin.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

Right?

Life would be so much easier if we had Russian Democracy and opponents could just be killed off.

And yes, that is a setup for some of you to tell us all what the Clinton Kill Count is at. What's it at now, anyway? 187?

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

edit on 10-12-2023 by Crazylife because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Remember when Russians were saying Yevgeny Prigozhin was going to be their next president? And then he suffered a case of hand grenades on his airplane? And Russians were heavily supporting Alexei Navalny, before his underwear was poisoned with radioactive metals; and after he survived, in his weakened state, he was sent to break rock at a penal colony, until his death.

The way the US is heading, our ‘leaders’ will be openly doing the same heinous acts against their opponents in about 5-10 years.

Wait…… JFK.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   

TDS kicked in super quick.
Go see a doctor,pay enough and they might,might be able to help you.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Probably the richest world leader and maybe even the richest person on earth.

Whole life in government work.

But yea, rockstar of a leader, he has the best interest of his people at heart. It’s really democratic they keep him for decades.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Is anyone even remotely surprised at this?
The man is a de facto dictator.

Russian people seem to enjoy Authoritarian style government....I guess that's up to them.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

He's not seeking anything. The word election is meaningless

Also, the word support: 😆

It seems to me, in Russia, democracy means the only candidate remaining alive... wins.

Coming soon to a theater near you

edit on 12/11/2023 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

don't worry, once Trump wins, he will install himself as dictator of the US and fortify the bathroom in the west wing, so he will never have to vacate the white house again. That is what you all believe, right?
edit on 11-12-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

don't worry, once Trump wins, he will install himself as dictator of the US and fortify the bathroom in the west wing, so he will never have to vacate the white house again. That is what you all believe, right?

Who you trying to convince Network - the libs or your own self?

😉

I'll tell you what - this little obsession of yours is a real tell

edit on 12/11/2023 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I'm deadly serial. There is no doubt Trump will be a dictator, and rule the land with an iron fist.

"It is written in the scrolls. Beware, an orange man cometh, and control he will." -Fred Funkenburger

You have been warned. By both myself and Fred. Take heed.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I gotta ask.

How do you feel about Benjamin Netanyahu who's been prime Minister for longer?

I only ask because the biggest thing you seem to gloss over is Putin's approval rating. Compared to Biden's 20% and Netanyahu's 12% Putin has an approval rating in the high 80's.

Have you ever stopped for a second to think maybe the Russian population WANTS him in this position?

I do find it laughable when people from a nation who's leaders have very little local support attack leaders with massive local support.

Perhaps you should take a look at how your nation is being run, before attacking one that is clearly being lead by better people. Russia is kicking our *** in Ukraine and people like you still have crippling Putin derangement syndrome.

You know I gotta ask.

How well do you think Joe Biden is doing leading our nation?

You think he's doing better than Putin leading his nation?

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I can't believe how hard people try to believe the CNN narratives all just repeating what the tv says. It's very disheartening to know how screwed we all are.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

All the numbers I’m seeing show Putin as president longer than bibi as prime minister. That also excludes the years of Putin as Prime minister which were arguably him as de facto president.

Curious where you fished those approval numbers from as well, just did a search and they came up different.

And last I checked, America isn’t fighting in Ukraine. We’ve supplied a much smaller army who’s held the alleged 2nd most powerful military to a stale mate.

edit on 11-12-2023 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
And in news today, Navalny is missing from the penal colony and his lawyers have not been able to reach him.

Has Navalny been killed?

Russian opposition leader Alexey Navalny missing from prison, says his team

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Err, no he hasn't.
Netanyahu - Democratically elected Prime Minister of Israel 1996-1999, 2009-2021 & 2022-present. 16/17 years total.
Putin - Prime Minister 1999-2000, President 2000-2008, Prime Minister 2008-2012, President 2012-present. 24 years total.

Netanyahu has been voted out of office by the Israeli electorate, more than once.
Putin has manipulated and single-handedly changed the Russian Constitution to enable his continued de facto Dictatorship.

I only ask because the biggest thing you seem to gloss over is Putin's approval rating. Compared to Biden's 20% and Netanyahu's 12% Putin has an approval rating in the high 80's.

According to Russian state-owned outlets.
The fact that his approval rating ranks along side Kim Jong Un and Xi Jinping should tell you everything.

Have you ever stopped for a second to think maybe the Russian population WANTS him in this position?

Sure some do.
But lets face it, Putin has all but eliminated all viable opposition by whatever means necessary - coincidentally Navalny has conveniently gone missing in the Russian penal system just prior to these new 'elections'.
Those who do oppose Putin are literally scared for their life and are extremely reluctant to speak out.

But like said I earlier, Russians do seem to like Authoritarian regimes.

Russia is kicking our *** in Ukraine.....

Stop being silly.
Putin thought Russia was going to blitzkrieg its way through the whole of Ukraine in a matter of days and here we are almost two years later stuck in a WWI like war of attrition that is achieving absolutely # all and going absolutely nowhere.

How well do you think Joe Biden is doing leading our nation?

Personally I think he's doing absolutely #ing terrible, a disgrace to your nation.....but where's the relevance to Putin being a de facto Dictator and the topic of this thread.

You and others speak of TDS - and yes, it is an issue for some - but your BDS is at least equally alarming.
edit on 11/12/23 by Freeborn because: typo's

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I like his sunglasses. They suit him well.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I like his sunglasses. They suit him well.

They sure do, they're kids size.

top topics

join