It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light No Fire - New Game from Hello Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Announced at the Game Awards 'Light No Fire' is Hello Games new game , not much is known other than its about adventure, building, survival and exploration on a planet the size of Earth... and it looks great.
No expected release window yet.

Light No Fire is a game about adventure, building, survival and exploration together. Set on a fantasy planet the size of Earth, it brings the depth of a role playing game to the freedom of a survival sandbox.
lightnofire.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It does look/sound amazing! Almost as if Valheim and Ark Survival Evolved had a baby and out came Light No Fire...

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Is this strictly a PC game?

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

There are no details other than the video and the blurb on the website but I guess it will release on PC then come to consoles although given the success of NMS it could be a simultaneous release.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ok well I hope it does come to consoles, looks like an amazing game. NMS was fing amazing btw, i need to buy another hard copy so can play it again.

Peace.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That’s the problem with these game awards, they show a game that will not be out for 2-3 more years. I’m still waiting on Wolverine which was announced years ago. Now we have games like Blade being announced, with no idea of a launch date, which tells me no time soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive
Yeah well you know, hype and all that I guess but, you do make a good point.

Peace.

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: Omg, I got fat fingers today.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is awesome, underwater in a game is always a plus, procedural is re-playable, dragons rule! And if they get the building part right, this could be awesome.

It sort of reminded me of an old, old MMORPG, from way back in the day. It came out after Ultima Online, called Horizons, Empires of Istaria. They had playable dragons, but what sticks out the most is the building aspect. You could buy plots of land all over the world and then design them fully with all buildings you want in ghost mode. The buildings then appear as scaffolding, and can be worked on. Masons, carpenters and others can now work on your buildings and supply resources for money.

And if some building is more important to you, you can set a higher price for bricks and lumber on it, and workers will figure it out and go work on the building they make more money on first.

Same with other plots, if they make more for gems and bricks and lumber work, workers go there. It took weeks to months to build a good plot. Some had castles, others has small plots with silos, for storage. Two plot limit per account.

I would love to see an amazing game to play like that one, built into something that looks amazing like this one.

I'll keep an eye on this one, thanks!

edit on 8-12-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Hype is understandable when it is a few months before the release. These companies are bad at teasing us and then canceling the project, so I get a little testy when I see the early announcements with little to no gameplay.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Hype is understandable when it is a few months before the release. These companies are bad at teasing us and then canceling the project, so I get a little testy when I see the early announcements with little to no gameplay.

Oh yeah I know, I was disappointed with project cars 3, then it was made worse when they announced project cars 4 and shortly after it was canceled.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
SPAM

edit on 12/8/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That looks great!

I am going to have to see if I can play early access.

I love ATLAS, but I could easily be swayed...

posted on Dec, 9 2023 @ 04:14 AM
link   
According to Sean Murray Light No Fire has been in development for 5 years so I think it's possible it may not be that far away , there's also new content for No Man's Sky coming next year.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 04:07 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 04:21 AM
link   

edit on 2/28/2024 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join